Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,001 to 2,020 of 2,207

Barbiegurl777

Is the Cobra Kai Nintendo switch games worth getting? Didn't realize it was connected the karate kid. At least I think it's connected was trying to research it earlier today. If so might get it saw all 3 karate kid movies from the 80's~ 😁

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12

Switch Friend Code: SW-4995-4179-4294 | Nintendo Network ID: Barbiegurl777

Anti-Matter

@Barbiegurl777
About Cobra Kai, the Switch version is running on 30 fps but the PS4 version is running on 60 fps.
And for Cobra Kai 2, the Switch version performance is not good (unstable 30 fps), but the PS5 version is good (60 fps).
Verdict = get the PS4 /PS5 version for Cobra Kai games.
Some 3rd party multi console games are worse played on Switch.
I will get those Cobra Kai games on PS4 & PS5 version, not the Switch version because the Switch version look worse played and I don't want to waste my money on downgraded version games.
It will not hurt your feeling to consider PS4 / PS5 version as both PS4 & PS5 get more games for kids, even LOL Surprise made its debut on PS5.

Anti-Matter

WoomyNNYes

Anyone play Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2? Seeing the review and some gameplay, I'm quite tempted to get it while it's on sale cheap ($15 USD). It looks fun.

@Anti-Matter Have you played it?

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
I don't have Ty Tasmanian 2.
I have Ty Tasmanian 3 on Gamecube but still haven't finished yet.

Anti-Matter

Barbiegurl777

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika

Ohhh. I saw them on sale in the eshop & wasn't sure if whether or not to look into. I think I might do that as for reading the reviews on it though. Thanks anyways for the help~ ✌️

@Anti-Matter

I don't have a PS4 or PS5. Only PS2 lol. I have the other lol games on switch bought lol movie night switch from Walmart & ordered the other lol bbs born to travel switch off Amazon a while back just waiting it to come in the mail. 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️✌️ I'm debating getting the ps4 or ps5 at some point but still very content with my ps2~ 😁🤣

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Anti-Matter

@Barbiegurl777
You will not regret to get PS4 / PS5.
There are more games for kids and girlie games on PS4 / PS5 during this year.
Let's say Cooking Mama Cookstar, Yum Yum Cookstar, My Universe games, LOL Surprise, Jojo Siwa, Bunny Park, Lemon Cake, Paw Patrol games, Story of Seasons games, etc.
I consider those games on PS4 / PS5, not the Switch version because I found a lot of those 3rd party games have better performance on PS4 / PS5 version than Switch version.
I don't really value the portability in this case as I played my Switch in docked mode oftenly so during tethered to TV, I want the better version from PS4 / PS5 version than the Switch version that looked worse when being docked and compared with PS4 / PS5 version.
I collect Switch, PS4 & PS5 games, no competitive feeling.
I want to play on every each version with their different games.
I have PS2 too but I don't just depend on PS2 games only as my hype current is on PS4 games than Switch games.
My tips for you, be smart in choosing the games and don't hesitate to be critical when you find one version is better than other version.

Anti-Matter

Barbiegurl777

@Anti-Matter

I get what you're saying I used to do that many years ago when the PS2 & GBA were big back then but the same game but for several different systems to see the game play differences in the long run. I knew which game systems/ handhelds I played more & eventually tried to just stick with one system/ handheld unless I was super into the game then saw the reason to buy the same game on several different systems. I've always considered myself both a Nintendo & playstation gamer since the 90's~ 😁😎🔥🤙

It's not so much a dependency on the PS2 but I got it when it first came out back then & I kept thinking to myself when the price goes down for the games I'll get a few games I was still in high school back then lol. Time passed by because of other things over the year's. Now finally found PS2 games cheap / used & the time & want to get as much enjoyment out of it before moving onto the PS4 & PS5. I'll probably get the PS4 & PS5 at some point but just don't have a desire to get them this instant. For me it's still fun even playing PS1 games on my PS2 along side my PS2 games~ 🥰 If the graphics are this great on the PS1 & PS2 I'm positive they probably look even nicer on the PS4 & PS5. I always liked both the PS1 & PS2 when they first came out because I loved the graphics even then on the game systems. The only thing I didn't love at the time was the high price tag for the PS games back then. Now there affordable & in my price range~ 🤣 Ehh I'm a cheapskate I'll admit it~ 🤣

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Anti-Matter

@Barbiegurl777
PS4 will get retired after this as it will be 10 years old since first launch in November 2013 so at this point you can find cheaper PS4 machine and cheaper old PS4 games.
Better get 1 TB model as PS4 games have bigger GB size so you have to pay attention carefully with your PS4 storage.
If you want to wait for PS5 since PS5 can play both PS5 & PS4 games, wait until the rumor about PS5 Slim will come true as I heard PS5 Slim model will have cheaper price and lighter weight.
I want to get PS5 machine too but I will wait until PS5 Slim already available.

Anti-Matter

Barbiegurl777

Is there a difference between Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Pokemon Let's Go Eevee? Because noticing Pokemon Let's Go Eevee is slightly cheaper in price. Was going to get Pikachu but might get Eevee if there's no difference in game play. 🤷‍♀️

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Anti-Matter

@Barbiegurl777
The difference only between Eevee and Pikachu. You will get Eevee from Let's Go Eevee. The save data from both Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee have support for Pokemon Sword / Shield and Pokemon Scarlet / Violet such as getting special things.

Anti-Matter

Neph

@Barbiegurl777 Instead of Pikachu you get Eevee as your starter (they are both still wild encounters) - your rival gets the opposite pokémon instead - There are like always in Pokémon different Pokémons available (in Pikachu there is Scyther, Sandshrew and Oddish for example while Eevee has Pinsir, Ekans and Bellsprout) other than a few encounters and the starter there is no difference.

Neph

Switch Friend Code: SW-5770-3159-1125

Barbiegurl777

@Anti-Matter & @Neph

Ohhh. Okay. That makes it much more easier to know which to get. I'm getting the cheaper version than lol~ 🤣 Besides I've always liked both Pikachu & Eevee~ 🥰 Always thought both were cute pokemon~ 🥰💕

OK I'm getting Doraemon Nobita's Space War nintendo switch. Just picked up Pokémon Eevee nintendo switch.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Edited on by Barbiegurl777

Lony85

Has anyone played Skul: The Hero Slayer? If so what are your thoughts on it? Is it worth picking up?

I looked for a review on here, but there wasn't one, although the game looks interesting enough, I'm just curious to hear/read other people's thoughts on the game.

Lony85

Switch Friend Code: SW-7613-6555-4505

Xyphon22

Has anyone here played the eShop game Rise of the Third Power? I just saw on another site that Limited Run is doing a 2-in-1 release of it with Ara Fell. Ara Fell is one of my favorite indies on Switch, but I've never even heard of Rise of the Third Power until now, and I'm wondering if it similar and also good.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Barbiegurl777

Just picked up Naruto ultimate storm nintendo switch. Does anyone know anything about Naruto? I'm more a Dragon Ball Z fan & vaguely remember seeing tv commercials for naruto when still in high school years ago. It was advertised between dragon ball & ed, edd, n eddy. Meant to watch it but never got around to it. Only reason I picked up the naruto nintendo switch game was because it was on sale for $5 in the eshop figured have nothing to loose lol. Does anyone know if the anime is still on tv or even youtube to binge watch? Trying to figure the series out~ 🤔🤣✌️

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Magician

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

Just picked up Naruto ultimate storm nintendo switch. Does anyone know anything about Naruto? I'm more a Dragon Ball Z fan & vaguely remember seeing tv commercials for naruto when still in high school years ago. It was advertised between dragon ball & ed, edd, n eddy. Meant to watch it but never got around to it. Only reason I picked up the naruto nintendo switch game was because it was on sale for $5 in the eshop figured have nothing to loose lol. Does anyone know if the anime is still on tv or even youtube to binge watch? Trying to figure the series out~ 🤔🤣✌️
Happy Gaming! (^_^)

@Barbiegurl777 There are three parts to the Naruto series. The original run which went all the way up until Sasuke left Konoha with Orochimaru and Naruto left Konoha with Jiraiya. The second part is Shippuden, which is Naruto's (and eventually Sasuke's) return to Konoha in the fight against The Akatsuki. And the last part is Boruto, which is the story of Naruto and Hinata's son, Boruto.

In terms of the games, Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 covers most of it well enough I suppose.

In my opinion, the height of the series was Naruto's fight against Pain.

After that fight Naruto basically became the defacto Hokage.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Barbiegurl777

@Magician

Uhhh I didn't realize this was a 3 part series. Interesting though. Tubi TV app has I'm thinking is the 1st naruto anime please correct me if I'm wrong though. Started watching it this afternoon the first episode. It's interesting to say the least. I've seen the title Boruto on Crunchyroll when browsing around on crunchyroll on my switch lite. Been watching School Babysitters on crunchyroll one of my favorite animes on crunchy roll so far. Also watching Pikachin Kit anime on YouTube~ 🤣✌️ Thank you for the info. I have a few anime binge watching now lol~ 🤣

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Xyphon22

Has anyone tried the Bit.trip series on Switch to comment on how they play? I have the collection on Wii and rarely re-purchase games, but for only 49 cents each I might consider it for the ease of having them on Switch if they play well. I'm just concerned because they were made for the Wiimote and wondering if the controls hold up.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic