Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,001 to 2,020 of 2,032

Kermit1

@Magician I have a question.

In the beginning are you weak and have tons of health and when your older are you stronger but have low health.

Currently Playing:

Known to be quirky on occasion

Magician

@Kermit1Pineapple Once you're beyond the age of 30 (ten deaths) your strength gradually increases while your health decreases.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,076 games (as of January 22nd, 2023)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Kermit1

@Magician I might get the game now, that mechanic alone has sold me.

Currently Playing:

Known to be quirky on occasion

JesseA

Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium Games is finally on sale. Half off.

I knew waiting 6 months to save 2 dollars would be worth it!

JesseA

Joeynator3000

...You think I should give Diablo 3 another try? I bought it a while back physically, I can see how it could be addicting, but it didn't last long for me. Wondering if I should try again, and now it's on sale.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

NintendoByNature

@WoomyNNYes I didn't like it tbh. I played and enjoyed the first game, but this just felt kinda stale even with introducing new mechanics, and an overhaul in design. It was pretty boring for some reason.

NintendoByNature

Jhena

Star Ocean First Departure R is in the eshop on sale now for 8,39€ instead of 20,99€ for the next ten days. As far as I know there is no physical version on the Switch. I am not very far into the game but I think it is really good. This game is an enhanced remake of the original Star Ocean for the Super Nintendo.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Magician

@WoomyNNYes All three Yomawari games are equal in quality.

I wouldn't put one over another.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

CJD87

RE. Recent surprise drop of 'Mortal Shell' (!)

I've always wanted to play this game, and understand it has just had a stealth-drop on the EShop....

In terms of recommendation, the reviews and general consensus seem to agree the game is an adequate-to-solid 'Souls Like' - but I wondered if anyone could confirm how this runs on Switch?

I know we live in the era of 'miracle ports' (NierA / NoMansSky / Witcher / Doom etc) but equally I know that not all conversions to Switch have been successful.

Can anyone advise how this is on Switch, especially handheld?

If this sells well then maybe there is still hope for the Dark Souls 2 & 3 Ports

CJD87

WoomyNNYes

Games I'm gifting to myself for Christmas:

Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection
The Swindle

I've never played Assassin's Creed. I'm not interested in the pirate sailing stuff of Assassin's Creed Rebel Collection. So that's why I'm skipping that. I originally was thinking of trying Skyrim, but I think that game may require more talking to NPC's that I want to get into, possibly may be more complicated than I want.

And The Swindle looks like some good stealth sneaking action. If anyone wants to recommend alternatives, that's fine.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--click for good bike video<3)
'Tendo liker

Linkus

I’m looking for a game like the older Zelda games. Kind of like a Link to the past or those on n64 or gamecube. I tried Blossom king but didn’t really care for it. I liked Oceanhorn though. Thanks in advance 🙂

Linkus

Magician

@Linkus

Ittle Dew
Ittle Dew 2
Chicory
CrossCode
Death's Door
Eastward
Ocean's Heart
Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion
Unsighted
....or any of the Ys games, honestly.

Barbiegurl777

Is the Cobra Kai Nintendo switch games worth getting? Didn't realize it was connected the karate kid. At least I think it's connected was trying to research it earlier today. If so might get it saw all 3 karate kid movies from the 80's~ 😁

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12

Switch Friend Code: SW-4995-4179-4294 | Nintendo Network ID: Barbiegurl777

Anti-Matter

@Barbiegurl777
About Cobra Kai, the Switch version is running on 30 fps but the PS4 version is running on 60 fps.
And for Cobra Kai 2, the Switch version performance is not good (unstable 30 fps), but the PS5 version is good (60 fps).
Verdict = get the PS4 /PS5 version for Cobra Kai games.
Some 3rd party multi console games are worse played on Switch.
I will get those Cobra Kai games on PS4 & PS5 version, not the Switch version because the Switch version look worse played and I don't want to waste my money on downgraded version games.
It will not hurt your feeling to consider PS4 / PS5 version as both PS4 & PS5 get more games for kids, even LOL Surprise made its debut on PS5.

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Barbiegurl777 nope. They are really low quality garbage games. You can read the NL reviews for yourself. However the show is amazing and if you have Netflix I recommend it

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Nier automa/replicant, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H
Holy S##t guys Puss in boots 2 is awesome
https://youtu.be/bEoNNYyVNxc - Puss in boots 2 preview

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic