Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 2,207

MarioVillager92

@WoomyNNYes Yes I have, I still have my PS1 copy after all these years. I'm pretty good at CTR, as well. I've played Crash Nitro Kart too, but I no longer have it. I do know there's some bonus tracks in the game too (besides the CNK tracks) - were they only exclusive to events or were they automatically unlocked via updates? Just wondering.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

WoomyNNYes

@MarioLover92 You'll have access to all tracks from the start. Each event added a new bonus track. In arcade mode, all the new bonus tracks are at the bottom of the track list in the "Bonus Tracks" section. There are 8 new bonus tracks. And I think the Pit Stop store may offer all Grand Prix event parts, characters, skins. I can see the ones I didn't want still on the store. (

However, the Oxide Edition of the game has character skins/outfits that are only available if you buy the Oxide Edition of the game, which costs more. I didn't buy that.

Bonus Tracks
Twilight Tour
Prehistoric Playground
Spyro Circuit Nina's Nightmare
Nina's Nightmare
Koala Carnival
Gingerbread Joyride
Megamix Mania
Drive-thru Danger

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@WoomyNNYes Oh okay thanks a lot! Good to see that the bonus tracks are available from the get go, as well as the game running great on Switch. I'll likely get it pretty soon.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Xyphon22

So I have about $1 in gold coins expiring at the end of the month that I need to spend. The three games that I have wanted to get that are cheap enough right now for me to get without adding more money to my account are Submerged, The Great Perhaps, and Perfect Angle. Does anyone have any recommendations or good or bad things to say about them?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Dogorilla

@Xyphon22 I don't know anything about the latter two but I would say Submerged is a decent game but not a must-play. It's very light on story as well as not having very in-depth gameplay; I think it needed to have a better story really to make up for the lack of challenge. That said, the music is good and it's quite nice and relaxing exploring the sunken city by boat, so if you want something that's not too taxing then it might be worth getting it on sale.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Xyphon22

@Dogorilla Thanks for the info. I looked them up last night and this site hasn't reviewed any of them but on Metacritic none of them have incredibly great scores (fairly average, not bad), so I decided to wait to see if anything else goes on sale after this Thursday. I saw that about Submerged, though, so I think I'll probably pass on that for now. I'm sure it'd be fine, but I've found even if I think they sound good in theory I don't have as much fun with games that don't really have any gameplay, like VNs.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Magician

damien33ad wrote:

Has anyone ever played the Blair Witch game? I'm looking for a good horror game.

@damien33ad

I have, for a couple hours. It's better than Layers of Fear (another Bloober Team game). It's good...but not great. I feel Yomawari, Outlast, and Alien Isolation are the top-three horror games on Switch.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NotTelevision

@damien33ad It’s not really a horror game, but have you tried Firewatch? It’s a pretty compelling first person experience that can be completed in 5 hours or less. It does have an eerie weird Sci-Fi (sorta X-Files) feel at times. So if you like that kind of stuff you’ll enjoy it.

NotTelevision

BruceCM

Alien Isolation?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Snatcher

I got 20$ So I'm thinking between getting cuphead or dbfz I love fighting games plus I loved playing cuphead on pc, I own both of them just thinking which game I should get on the switch what do you guys think. ( And I know the 100$ pack is on sale)

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

porto

@Snatcher you only have 20$? Mmkay....

If you like fighting games then get dbfz.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Snatcher

@Apportal Thanks dude i'm going with dbfz.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Solaine

Any good visual novel style games on the switch? I have only played Ace Attorney so far so murder mistery is a total plus, however i am open for others as well, just not knowing what the switch has to offer in that regard. Ace Attorney had a lot of interaction but i don't need that if the story is really good

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Losermagnet

@Solaine A.I. The Somnium Files might be something you like. From what I remember it's about a detective who can manipulate people's subconscious to help solve mysteries. Admittedly I only thought it was okay, but it's had a positive reception overall it seems.

While I haven't played it yet, I ordered a limited edition physical copy of Murder by Numbers. I've heard it's like Ace Attorney mixed with Picross.

Edit - I don't know how it slipped my mind, but Catherine (while puzzle heavy) has a great story.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Solaine

@Losermagnet mhhm sounds intriguing, i will check it out. Thankyou very much

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

TheFrenchiestFry

@AndyD really freaking addicting as a looter RPG. Gives me strong af Diablo vibes. Also planning on copping the Switch version one day so I can sync it with my PC saves

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Magitek_Knight

So the Nintendo SNES controller for Switch is currently sold out. I've been looking at the 8bitdo SN30 Pro as a possible alternative for playing SNES and other retro games. Anyone have any experience with it?

Mostly considering them because Analogue uses 8bitdo with their consoles which are pretty top shelf.

Edited on by Magitek_Knight

I didn't like Breath of the Wild, have I mentioned it yet today?

BruceCM

Never had cause to try any of the various controllers but 8bitdo have a good rep with all of theirs .... Probably some here who have the one you're asking about particularly, though!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

toiletduck

@Magitek_Knight I have bad experience with the quality of that controller (bad d-pad and right analogue worn out fast), but from what I've read I'm in the minority.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic