Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 2,200

RR529

I'll probably nab an eShop title to hold me over until my next paycheck, and was wondering what everyone's thoughts on Devil May Cry are?

I've been getting into more straight up action titles this year, but at the same time I'm not ready to jump into something Ninja Gaiden/Souls like difficulty wise, and am wondering where DMC fits on the scale.

For refrence I've played & really enjoyed God of War 2018 (on "Give me a Balance"), Onimusha Warlords (on the standard difficulty), and Astral Chain (on "Pt Standard") this year.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Magician

RR529 wrote:

I'll probably nab an eShop title to hold me over until my next paycheck, and was wondering what everyone's thoughts on Devil May Cry are?

The grandfather of the stylish-action genre. I remember the first DMC fondly. Although I feel the Bayonetta series is superior, DMC 1 still holds up. DMC isn't open world like Dark Souls and it's less challenging than Ninja Gaiden.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RR529

@Magician, yeah, at the advice given by someone over on Push Square, I decided to give it a go.

Only played the first mission so far, though it's off to a decent start.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Kenjay99

We need a Pokémon dungeon game on switch ASAP, would be too good not to play

Jayyyyy

Joeynator3000

....So, it turns out that I had an older trade-credit card from Gamestop that still works, and it had about $8. So I used that along with my current card and bought a digital $10 eshop card and used that to get Luigi's Mansion 3.

...Now I have about 1,100 coins...not sure what to get that $10 or under. I WANT to support the Senran Kagura Switch games...but...eh. I really don't want that "petting simulator" game and I already have the pinball one. Maybe get DLC for that?...Is it worth it?...Meh...

Then there's this game I bought on Steam a long time ago (Knock Knock) and I kinda want to try that again on Switch, and that's only like...$6 I think?

Yeah, no idea what to do here. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Magician

sanya_exe wrote:

Now I have about 1,100 coins...not sure what to get that $10 or under.

Which region of eShop are your coins for, North America, Europe, elsewhere?

Looking at the deep discounts on EU I'd suggest you strongly consider: RIVE: Ultimate Edition, an awesome 2D action game. Outlast: Bundle of Terror, first person horror/adventure, just in time for Halloween. Or the gorgeous platformer Gris that is on 40% discount.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Joeynator3000

I'm in NA, and I decided to go with Knock Knock last night, wanted to try that game again. Bought it on Steam and kinda forgot about it after a little bit. I'm not into horror games at all but...this game isn't exactly scary....just creepy. Also I'm wondering if it'll have surround sound, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

NintendoByNature

Now im struggling with my next big purchase; re triple pack or witcher 3?

NintendoByNature

Ruthless4u

Any good strategy/warfare games for the switch? Would love something along the lines of Koei’s old P.T.O series or even a good command and conquer style game.

I know my options will be pretty slim but worth a shot

Ruthless4u

Magician

Ruthless4u wrote:

Any good strategy/warfare games for the switch? Would love something along the lines of Koei’s old P.T.O series or even a good command and conquer style game.

I know my options will be pretty slim but worth a shot

The RTS genre is pretty thin on Switch. Battle Worlds: Kronos, Northgard, and Bad North are the only ones that I know of. And of those, Bad North is the pick of the litter.

toiletduck

@Ruthless4u does it have to be RTS? Otherwise Civilization VI would be a great option. I assume you're aware of that one though...

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Ruthless4u

It does not have to be RTS, and I’m planning on getting Civ 6 but hoping for more options as well. Thanks guys.

I was really hoping for a romance of the 3 kingdoms or Nobunaga ambition title.

Edited on by Ruthless4u

Ruthless4u

Ruthless4u

Me Again

Are there any couch co op RPGs similar to diablo 3 on switch? We already picked up diablo 3 just wondering if there are others.

Ruthless4u

Mordridakon

I'm looking for casual puzzle games ala Piczle lines DX, Sudoku Universe, and Picross S3. These tend to get overlooked for the flashier titles, but they make great time wasters and something to occupy my mind while watching TV.

Mordridakon

SuperSpaghetti

I was wondering if anyone would recommend the two open world games Red Faction: Guerrilla and Saints Row 3. I heard Red Faction was good and Saints Row 3 wasn’t as good, but I read on the subreddit it got an update that improves it drastically. Can anyone confirm if these run good on handheld/lite? Also recommendations based on those, I’m really interested in the open world genre on the Switch.

Future games collector

Mii_duck

@SuperSpaghetti - I'd recommend Saint's Row 3, it's one of my favourite games on Switch, 80 hours played.

Haven't tried it since the update, but even before I thought it ran perfectly serviceable in docked or handheld. I've never been that worried about FPS, and while there is a little slowdown occasionally it's not game breaking.
It's a fun game, daft and over the top with plenty to do.

I'd also recommend the other (obvious) choices for open word games Breath of the Wild, Skyrim is an amazing world and of course The Witcher 3 - an incredible game on Switch.

Mii_duck

Krull

@Ruthless4u I assume you have already considered Wargroove? That’s probably the most obvious strategy title on the eShop.

If you are interested in strategy RPGs, however, there are loads now. Fire Emblem, Mercenaries, Disgaea, Wasteland...

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Daniel36

Ruthless4u wrote:

Me Again

Are there any couch co op RPGs similar to diablo 3 on switch? We already picked up diablo 3 just wondering if there are others.

Castle Crashers, I suppose. I personally adore that game. Obviously not the same vibe as Diablo 3, but it's couch co-op and a ton of fun.

Moon Hunters is a wonderfully odd title, but not to everyone's taste. I personally really like it. Don't expect anything too grand and you might enjoy it too. Basically you and your friends are warriors that fight and and camp for 5 days, which are very short, and after that you try to defeat the final boss, and then your characters become part of the history of the land and you try again. So each playthrough is about an hour's worth.

I also got Hammerwatch, but it wasn't for me. Thing old school Gauntlet and you have a pretty good idea what you are getting.

Daniel36

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic