Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 8,381 to 8,400 of 15,210

Haru17

I guess Agitha had to do her after the rest of the Kokiri... bugged out

I wonder how her parents even made it in the big city in the first place. Selling some previous forest commodity, maybe. Hell, make a game about that!

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

@Haru17 That's a lot closer than I thought it would be.. Maybe the world is populated after all..

Octane

Octane

@Tsurii Probably because I don't watch all of their videos, and if it's from that 2-hour long special; chances are that I already forgot about it then!

Octane

Haru17

Tsurii wrote:

I'm not expecting everyone to watch everything (because I sure as hell don't do that myself) but I'm a bit surprised that no one saw that before. Usually Haru seems to look twice at everything about the game

Yeah, but they're one of the outlets I got sick of a while ago. I may watch their pic of the week(ish) discussions for Breath, but their E3 video was suuuper spoilery. I don't want to look at annotated maps, thank you.

@Octane Any yeah, perhaps it is. What's crazy is, judging by the Game Awards 2014 map, there's an inland lake / river / rapids area the size of the entire Plateau that's not Lake Hylia. I am ready to just stumble upon a Zora NPC and explode with hype. We haven't seen them since 2006 — 2006! Nintendo might keep Zora's Domain to be discovered within the game, which would be really cool.

Octane

@Haru17 What are the chances of that happening? If they're in the game, we'll see them in a trailer. But there are Rito as well, so I guess it won't happen after all. And if it does? I'm pleasantly surprised that they're not just in the game, but that also means that we can toss that stupid timeline in the bin.

Octane

Haru17

No, there were no Zora's in Twilight Princess' trailers. I'd know

And it'd be great if they held stuff back, I'm just getting really antsy about yet another Zelda game where they sideline their two coolest and most iconic races. I just want to see some sick dolphin people fighting bokoblins instead of those two boring normies.

Plus, can you imagine how fun it would be to see a goron rolling down a mountain, stasis him, whack him with a hammer while he sits there helpless, and launch the poor sap into a lake like that fool we warped into Zora's Domain's deepest pool last time? That would be so good!

Therad

What if the master sword never gets restored in the game? You just pick it up and it works like any other sword in the game? Including breaking...

Therad

Haru17

@Therad Then best game NA.

Seriously, that'd be hilarious. You just screwing around cues into a cutscene and everything? Excellent.

LzWinky

@Octane Some were called Zolas. So naturally these bird people are the Litos

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tyranexx

I think it'd be cool to fight a full-on 3D Lynel. Maybe have its attack pattern be like those bovine demons from Okami?

I also wouldn't mind seeing other tough enemies like Darknuts and Redeads come back.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Haru17

I don't care if there are zombie Bokoblins or not — Redeads need to be in this game! I totally forgot they weren't in Skyward Sword. Wow.

Haruki_NLI

Lynels, Gibdos, hell Ropes.

Aquamentus and Moldorm anyone?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haru17

A reddior posted these screenshots from Skyward Sword ( http://imgur.com/a/IDtbw ), theorizing that Link in Breath of the Wild may recall his memories with each Goddess shrine he visits, as per Zelda's words. Could be an interesting way to mix time travel with the Temple of Time, Zonai Ruins, and all the other statues.

And of course, that glow has to mean something.

Luna_110

@Haru17
I bet there will be Redead around the destroyed Castle Town, would be a nice nod to Ocarina of Time.
Plus, all the destruction part lends itself nicely for the apparition of those things. I just hope they don't scream like they did in Wind Waker

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Luna_110

@DarthNocturnal
Not really :xD

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Octane

Two bombs, that's enough to take 'em down in Wind Waker. Haven't heard that cry in years anymore, and I don't mind it.

Octane

meleebrawler

@Tsurii Well, don't forget those two Redeads at the bottom of Ganon's Tower designed to screw you over at the last second of the escape if you were too slow at other points (the ones in the Earth Temple mini-segment of Wind Waker similarly disrupt your run if you don't deal with them)... they may not be dangerous opponents on their own, but they can be time-wasting obstacles or allow nastier enemies free shots at you, as evidenced in some multi-enemy dungeons or Smash Run.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Haru17

I think redeads are there for that moment of terror when you first discover them and are paralyzed by that first scream. If wouldn't be fun if they cheap-shotted half your health away when you don't even understand them yet — that's Soul's playbook, not Zelda's. And besides, if you ran close enough before they screamed they would get to grapple you.

I liked in The Wind Waker how they would just stay still and quiet until you approached. If you hit them with a fire arrow they would just burn and fall to the ground in silence. That was really eerie.

That said, I would love the Twilight Princess ones that just smack you with a slab of a rusted iron blade with Breath's knockback physics. Monster Hunter 2.0!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic