Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 5,561 to 5,580 of 15,210

Blast

Mirror-Image wrote:

Unrelated topic: Let me say that I really do hope that Skyward Sword gets an HD revamp at some point as I think the game is nice looking, but I just wished the controls would have been better. I despise the Wii Motion Plus. Right now, because of the controls, it's my least favorite Zelda game.

No more Zelda remakes!!!!

Skyward Sword HD is probably coming to NX anyway.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Dezzy

DefHalan wrote:

I thought Link was Female for a while when I played A Link to the Past, my first Zelda, because it looked like he wore a dress. lol

He/She is now, thanks to this slightly obsessive father:
http://kotaku.com/dad-hacks-zelda-so-link-can-be-anyone-not-j...

Well intentioned but disastrous parenting. Textbook example of how to mentally program a narcissist.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

Blast wrote:

Mirror-Image wrote:

Unrelated topic: Let me say that I really do hope that Skyward Sword gets an HD revamp at some point as I think the game is nice looking, but I just wished the controls would have been better. I despise the Wii Motion Plus. Right now, because of the controls, it's my least favorite Zelda game.

...aight.

| whyisthequotesystemsoborked.jpg |
Blast said: Skyward Sword HD is probably coming to NX anyway.
| whyisthequotesystemsoborked.jpg |

Wht?

Chandlero wrote:

Is it comfortable sitting on a high horse?

Y'know, after reading enough terrible internet arguments I've learned to spot pedants with rote rhetorical technique from a better than a Matrix protagonist can kitchen utensils.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

At_Lazuli

@Haru17

[quote/]IN MY OPINION (stop me if you don't follow), I want to tear my eyes out when I see any earthen texture in that game—or even just look at something further than 6 meters away. Things are NOT supposed to be that damnably blurry!

[/quote]

You could say the same about the original version of Twilight Princess it's textures were blurry to the max and as a side note I had to turn my brightness all the way up to be able to see what was going on when it was night in the world or in the twilight zone not that Twilight Princess is a bad game by any means it's actually my 2nd favorite Zelda game

EDIT: well I have no idea on how to make the quote look like a quote

Edited on by At_Lazuli

The NX is going to be delayed to Holiday 2017 you heard it here first, also It should be pretty obvious what my favorite game of all time is cough Skyward Sword cough

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4150-0138 | Nintendo Network ID: CosmicLuigi83 | Twitter:

Sticker

You know, Skyward Sword HD would be a great launch title for the NX. It would be nice to see Groose and the others in HD. Just saying.

"PlatinumGamer" wrote:

Is Nintendo Life even that good of a fourm anyways?

"Sparks" wrote:

prolly full of 6 year olds tbh

Nintendo Network ID: Senpai900900

Grumblevolcano

@Sticker: Given the industry's obsession with thinking VR is the future and Sony letting PS Move have another chance as a PSVR controller, I'm wondering if 2016 in general is the return of the motion controls gimmick

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

At_Lazuli

@Sticker: I feel like games shouldn't get remade until they are at least 10 years old which means if Skyward Sword were to be remade I feel it shouldnt be remade until 2021 or later also it would be hard to remake skyward sword with out motion controls

The NX is going to be delayed to Holiday 2017 you heard it here first, also It should be pretty obvious what my favorite game of all time is cough Skyward Sword cough

Eel

.... Maybe for a wiimote-less SS they could use the second analog stick for sword movement...

I mean, the original did not have free camera anyway...

I would probably be... weird, though.

Whatever controller comes in the future will probably have motion sensing and stuff too, so maybe the motion controls could be implemented that way. That would be fun to watch.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

-Green-

Hopefully when they remake Skyward Sword in the future they actually improve it significantly, unlike the last Zelda remake. The Twilight Princess HD remake was disappointing.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

DefHalan

Meowpheel wrote:

.... Maybe for a wiimote-less SS they could use the second analog stick for sword movement...

I mean, the original did not have free camera anyway...

I would probably be... weird, though.

Whatever controller comes in the future will probably have motion sensing and stuff too, so maybe the motion controls could be implemented that way. That would be fun to watch.

I was thinking, they could use the GamePad motion and depending on how you hold the GamePad when you press the sword button, the sword will swipe in the direction. Hold the GamePad horizontal for a Horizontal swipe. Hold the GamePad Vertical for a vertical swipe.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Haru17

Nintendriat wrote:

You could say the same about the original version of Twilight Princess it's textures were blurry to the max and as a side note I had to turn my brightness all the way up to be able to see what was going on when it was night in the world or in the twilight zone not that Twilight Princess is a bad game by any means it's actually my 2nd favorite Zelda game

I hoped you'd bring that up.

It's a matter of art direction: Twilight Princess isn't blurry in the same sense Skyward Sword is. They both have low-res textures, i.e.: your definition of blurry. However, Skyward Sword's textures are not drawn the same way at all: they're much lighter and less definite than Twilight Princess'. The quality of the texture itself looks blurry and faded, like certain styles of watercolor painting that I don't like.

As well as that there is this weird filter on anything further than, ohhh, say 10 meters away that unfocuses distance objects. It really makes them indistinct from one another and the skybox, rendering panoramas grim at best.

Just look at the grass and objects in the distance:

Untitled

Untitled

So, while Twilight Princess has equally low-res textures and is, I'm sure, less technically advanced in some ways, it's realistic art style and textures are easier to make out much of the time.

At_Lazuli

@Haru17: yeah I guess that makes sense I personally like the water color art style but of course that is subject to personal opinion

Why does the picture have a magic meter? I thought twilight princess didnt have one

Edited on by At_Lazuli

Haru17

Nintendriat wrote:

yeah I guess that makes sense I personally like the water color art style but of course that is subject to personal opinion

Why does the picture have a magic meter? I thought twilight princess didnt have one

Hmm, I didn't notice that. Y'know, google images is a minefield of terrible emulated versions and edited screenshots. So few actual screenshots of the game of a decent quality.

Eel

The game had a magic meter at some point during development, judging by the screenshots in the Wii box of the game.

It's possible the feature is still there, hidden in the code, and maybe it's easy to re-insert it into the game by hacking.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

iKhan

Blast wrote:

Mirror-Image wrote:

THIS. I'm sick of cash-in remasters like TPHD. I'd have rather waited 5 years and gotten a true remake, with rebuilt models, extra dungeons, and an extended story.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Haru17

iKhan wrote:

rebuilt models

Yes

QUOTE: extra dungeons

Yes

QUOTE: and an extended story.

NOOOOOOOOOO...

Edited on by Haru17

Haru17

Meowpheel wrote:

The game had a magic meter at some point during development, judging by the screenshots in the Wii box of the game.

It's possible the feature is still there, hidden in the code, and maybe it's easy to re-insert it into the game by hacking.

Interesting.

Who broke multiquoting and where do I hurl expletives at them?

jump

I prefer SS over TP, even TP HD makes me go 'urgh, this is ugly' a good few times.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Haru17

HD does really do a lot to make that game less ugly. It effect's it's graphics more than most—even lessening the out-of-focus effect.

Still, I'd have to see it in Lanaryu to really see the game at its worst.

I still think y'all are high: we have the absolute reverse opinions about these two game's looks. I never saw a single asset in Twilight Princess as 'ugly.'

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic