Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 15,001 to 15,020 of 15,201

Pizzamorg

I don’t think I have the DLC? What made you think I did, the Sword trials? I dunno, when I pulled the Sword, some Mushroom dude asked if I wanted to do some trials for the sword and I said no because I had a date with Thunder.

Does that mean those trials it offered me are actually DLC? It didn’t make that clear. While we are here, would you recommend buying any of the DLC?

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Eel

@Pizzamorg well the DLC is all or nothing so if you want any part of it, you gotta buy all of it.

Perhaps you just found the korok that starts the Korok Trials.

There's four monster masks you can buy from a certain NPC that prevent the enemies they represent from becoming aggressive; the DLC introduces the Majora's Mask, which is a combination of all four monster masks in one. So it's like a dream to explore the world without having everything trying to kill you.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

StarPoint

@Pizzamorg I think both DLC packs are very, very good. It's essentially more Breath of the Wild at the same quality as the base game. You get a lot more stuff to mess around with, which is great.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Pizzamorg

Maybe it is the other trials? They said something along the lines of, we know you pulled the sword but you could get even more power if you complete these trials. Or something.

Also good to know about the DLC, I might look it up.

Eel

@Pizzamorg yeah that's the Korok trials, just three side quests that lead to three shrines in the forest. Plus the one shrine at the center, that's a full 4 orbs for an extra container.

Bloop.

Pizzamorg

Good to know. I actually might use those for some stamina containers. I used the horny statue to convert all of my stamina into health for the Sword/Thunder, but now I am just adventuring around the map that first stamina ring just isn’t enough, I am really having to rely on the Gale ability which is cool as I didn’t think I’d make much use of it but the cooldown is loooong. I might give up maybe three or four hearts for a bit more stamina.

FroZtedFlake

@Pizzamorg Yeah the dlc actually speeds up all the ability cool downs it's really helpful, by the end Revali's Gale is like 2 minutes lol

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Pizzamorg

I am really confused by the stealth Korok trial, what am I meant to do on this? I snuck up to him up to the shrine and he just stood and danced outside, so I went into the Shrine and completed it. I then walked into the mist to get me back to the entrance straight away as it’s really hard to see the forest in handheld but when I got there it said I failed the trial? I’ve completed the shrine so what is left to do?

Eel

@Pizzamorg you need to talk to the korok once he stops walking at the shrine to complete it.

Since you went into the mist, you technically got "lost" before finishing the quest.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Pizzamorg

Eel wrote:

@Pizzamorg you need to talk to the korok once he stops walking at the shrine to complete it.

Since you went into the mist, you technically got "lost" before finishing the quest.

Balls, that went against what it was asking me to do. I thought I had to sneak into the shrine so that's what I did. I didn't even think to talk to them. I wish they made that clear now I've gotta do it all over again even though I've done it once

WoomyNNYes

@Pizzamorg Just saw your progress mentioned above regarding thunder/boss. And you got the Mater Sword? Nice work!!!🌈🌈

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

@Pizzamorg haha well technically your mission is making sure the little Korok makes it to the shrine without him noticing you're protecting him.

Yeah it's a bit counterintuitive making you talk to him at the end. But that dialogue is what confirms he passed the trial.

Since you already have the shrine and if you don't mind leaving that particular mission incomplete, you could technically just go on and ignore it. Then again, who knows, maybe the korok is still there if you teleport to the shrine?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Pizzamorg

WoomyNNYes wrote:

@Pizzamorg Just saw your progress mentioned above regarding thunder/boss. And you got the Mater Sword? Nice work!!!🌈🌈

Thank you!

Eel wrote:

@Pizzamorg haha well technically your mission is making sure the little Korok makes it to the shrine without him noticing you're protecting him.

Yeah it's a bit counterintuitive making you talk to him at the end. But that dialogue is what confirms he passed the trial.

Since you already have the shrine and if you don't mind leaving that particular mission incomplete, you could technically just go on and ignore it. Then again, who knows, maybe the korok is still there if you teleport to the shrine?

Is there anything I miss out on if I leave this?

And I tried teleporting to the shrine but it must have reset when I went into the mist and the autosave doesn’t work either.

VoidofLight

Yeah, I wouldn't be too messed up about not completing the quest, unless you're aiming to 100% complete BotW.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Pizzamorg

So I went back and did the stealth trial again and then cleared the weirdly easy final trial and got a PB of like a minute and something on the extra go. I probably would have been quicker but Gale wasn’t charged.

I have now cleared all the side missions in my log that I could figure out and all the shrine questions in my log I could figure out. I think I have one more tower to find to finish the map and then it appears I am done. However, I have only played for about 40/45 hours and I hear people play for hundreds of hours before facing Ganon. Is that just because they are a completionist, or is there like a list of things you should do before heading to the castle? I trust your guys advice as I don’t think I would have ever beat Thunder without the advice here.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

WoomyNNYes

@Pizzamorg I only have hundreds of hours because I've replayed the game, replayed the beginning serveral times unlocking the map. I also kept playing for a long time after beating ganon. I could have beat the game in 50-60 hours, I think, but it's such a fun world, and I wanted to max out armor. I was in no rush. I think I beat ganon at 80-ish hours.

After the game, there's still stuff to do, things to find, plus the Champions Ballad dlc. I've loaded the game up just to go hunt guardian stalkers around hyrule field/castle, practicing perfect-parrying them, or farming ancient parts.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Pizzamorg

So if I went ahead and faced Ganon at this point, I would be okay to do so?

Eel

@Pizzamorg well yeah, though most people seem to agree that beating Ganon is a bit of an empty victory. Most of the fun of the game comes from exploring and finding stuff, and the final battle is almost too easy.

By the way I’d recommend hunting down the memories first since that’s kinda “the good ending”

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Pizzamorg

Okay, I think I have nine memories left so I will focus on getting them first.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic