Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 14,081 to 14,100 of 15,210

Dezzy

Operative2-0 wrote:

So, this story DLC doesn't have much story in it. Gotta say I'm a kinda disappointed in what I've played so far

Still haven't got to the point where I can access it on my new save yet.

But from everything I've seen and read, the "story" just adds a bit more detail to the main game. As opposed to being a new story being set in the same world.

Mixed feelings about that. I think for the long term replayability factor, something like that's good. Just makes the main experience longer and meatier. But for the interest factor right now, a new story might've been more striking.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Deku-Scrub

Just finished The Champion's Ballad story missions, although it doesn't add that much new stuff, I really appreciate the added 5 memory cutscenes, and the final fight with the monk was honestly pretty crazy and surprising to me.

I'm yet to start the new side quests and I still need to do the last Master Sword trial from DLC Pack 1, but I personally feel like my $20 was well spent.

Edited on by Deku-Scrub

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

carlos82

Well so far I think it's hugely disappointing, I've done what I guess would be a quarter of it and all I seem to have done is basically the exact same things I already had in the main game. Seriously the Medoh part consists of doing the shooting range again, shooting the big red fire Dragon again and sliding down a hill again, your reward? Oh you can now fight that boss again 😐 It doesn't really feel like dlc and the little that is new feels like it should have been added as updates.

I'm just hoping the new divine beast makes up for it but I guess ìll have to replay many other parts first to find out. For the next game they really need to go back to dungeons because they were much more fun than these and some variety in the bosses please.

I have loved this game as an open world game but as a Zelda game I feel it's lost more than its gained

Edited on by carlos82

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

Agriculture

carlos82 wrote:

Well so far I think it's hugely disappointing, I've done what I guess would be a quarter of it and all I seem to have done is basically the exact same things I already had in the main game. Seriously the Medoh part consists of doing the shooting range again, shooting the big red fire Dragon again and sliding down a hill again, your reward? Oh you can now fight that boss again 😐 It doesn't really feel like dlc and the little that is new feels like it should have been added as updates.

I'm just hoping the new divine beast makes up for it but I guess ìll have to replay many other parts first to find out. For the next game they really need to go back to dungeons because they were much more fun than these and some variety in the bosses please.

I have loved this game as an open world game but as a Zelda game I feel it's lost more than its gained

I was also hoping for actual new content, as in a new area of the map with a Divine Beast for Link and a new people (like Gorons and so on) complete with shops. Instead it was more shrines, and repeats of old stuff.

Agriculture

Hallonblad

Wow, I hadn't expected so much negativity. I haven't had time to go through all of the dlc yet, but so far I am enjoying it. Looking forward to getting the motorbike!

Edited on by Hallonblad

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

carlos82

@Agriculture or even have a post game Hyrule Castle complete with Castle town, Lon Lon Ranch and that GameBoy town I can't remember the name of all rebuilt. Then give us a story with Link and Zelda and what they're doing after the main game but no such luck, well at least I've got Xenoblade to play after I'm done with it

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

Agriculture

Hallonblad wrote:

Wow, I hadn't expected so much negativity. I haven't had time to go through all of the dlc yet, but so far I am enjoying it. Looking forward to getting the motorbike!

The motorcycle is great and very useful. I just thought it was out of place.

Agriculture

-Green-

You know what I wish we had gotten in the original game?

The Ancient Horse Armor. That thing makes riding horses so much more useful. It would have made a perfect reward from the Towers or perhaps shrines. Just being able to call them anywhere and buff a horse is amazing helpful early on.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Hallonblad

@Agriculture I can see why some would feel that way. Personally I think in a world where machinery such as the Divine Beasts exist (not to mention the Sheikah Slate), the bike is not really misplaced. To each their own, I suppose.

@All How do people feel about the future: do you think Nintendo will make more DLC for BotW, or will we not see more Zelda until the next game? I would hope they keep releasing DLC while we wait for the next game (as the next one probably will take forever), but I do hope they make them a little meatier. More story-heavy would be appreciated as we didn't get as much story as most had hoped for in the main game.

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

-Green-

There’s some talk that they’re ‘hinting’ at more DLC since we still need 2 more stamina chunks/hearts to complete the full set.

Agriculture

Hallonblad wrote:

@Agriculture I can see why some would feel that way. Personally I think in a world where machinery such as the Divine Beasts exist (not to mention the Sheikah Slate), the bike is not really misplaced. To each their own, I suppose.

@All How do people feel about the future: do you think Nintendo will make more DLC for BotW, or will we not see more Zelda until the next game? I would hope they keep releasing DLC while we wait for the next game (as the next one probably will take forever), but I do hope they make them a little meatier. More story-heavy would be appreciated as we didn't get as much story as most had hoped for in the main game.

It would be interesting to see the "attachment rate" of the expansion pass, which I'm guessing is very high. I think it would make sense for them to sell a second expansion pass, also containing two packs.

If they decide to do that, I would like to see some sort of area, like an new island, where the there is enough tough enemies to make a maxed out character struggle. No more of this "we're taking away all your stuff". At the most such a place should take away your food/potions, but not your weapons and armour.

Agriculture

Kimyonaakuma

Not sure if they would make another season of DLC to be honest. The current DLC just expands on what's already there. Adding extra areas kind of goes against that, unless they add an area with a separate side story or something.

I like people's suggestions of a post-Ganon Hyrule but that wouldn't be worth the effort for DLC, and I'm not sure how they would add it without some reason for time travel...which would make things more complex than it needs to be.

Kimyonaakuma

Grumblevolcano

I think whether there's a second season of content depends on whether Nintendo still wants to be supporting Wii U with new content over a year after its replacement has been released. You have to remember that the Wii U and Switch versions are identical in content with the only differences being in terms of graphics, framerate and whether you can play anywhere. Even the Switch shirt and Xenoblade 2 quest is in the Wii U version despite being Switch related.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

By the way, can you see the fifth dungeon roaming around from the get-go, or do you need to beat the game/activate the DLC in order to see it?

Octane

-Green-

@Octane neither. Its exterior is not visible at all, iirc. Probably so they didn’t have to go through the effort of designing and putting in a full scale Divine Beast.

Kimyonaakuma

@-Green- I don't think it was an effort thing tbh, they made a whole floating platform so a beast wouldn't have been TOO different to make. I dont know if it's really supposed to be a Divine Beast, just more of an area to test potential pilots for a Divine Beast. After all, the Champions will have completed the same dungeon which would have taught them about terminals etc.

And if it is a Divine Beast then why did they not use it against Ganon? They would have known about it 100 years ago.

Edited on by Kimyonaakuma

Kimyonaakuma

canucksfan989

I honestly regret getting the dlc i feel like i'm satisfied having finished the main game and running into this one hit challenge wall is not fun whatsoever wish i had waited on seeing what it was like beforehand oh well

canucksfan989

Agriculture

canucksfan989 wrote:

I honestly regret getting the dlc i feel like i'm satisfied having finished the main game and running into this one hit challenge wall is not fun whatsoever wish i had waited on seeing what it was like beforehand oh well

A tip for both dlc packs is to never rush anything. If you don't play methodically you won't get through the dlc. What I mean is that you need to prioritize enemies, sneaking and trying to only fight one or two enemies at the same time, and think through when to use items/powers.

Agriculture

-Green-

Or just use a bunch of bomb arrows and save a lot. Worked fine for the camps in the first part of dlc pack 2.

For the shrines just be cautious.

Kimyonaakuma

@canucksfan989 Have you gone past the first "one hit kill" section?
I thought that it got much better afterwards, but with that said I also enjoyed the first section

Kimyonaakuma

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic