Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 13,681 to 13,700 of 15,210

gcunit

Ideally the game would allow the player the option of returning to the last save pre-Ganon showdown, or getting to explore Hyrule in a post-Ganon state. Personally I'd like to explore without all the blight and Yiga at least, but it's not a deal-breaker by any means.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Kimyonaakuma

@gcunit They wouldn't need to redo the whole of Hyrule, as some of it doesn't seem affected by Ganon. If they removed the Malice, the lasers from the Divine Beasts and the Blood Moon then that would be fine. You could kill the last of the enemies and maybe rebuild some of the villages and castle town, perhaps through some Tarrey town style quests?

@Meowpheel The Yiga clan can just leave Hyrule. They've given me a fear of strangers

Kimyonaakuma

gcunit

@Kimyonaakuma I find that one of the most infuriating design choices in the game - set me off exploring a vast land, but make half the other travellers you come across to be out to get you. I just stopped talking to anyone.

Kimyonaakuma

@gcunit I didn't notice it for a while, I just assumed that everyone on the roads were merchants. However when I met my first disguised Yiga Clan member I was terrified!

After the first couple It just became annoying. I've not actually seen any for a while though, now I only see the bigger guys that appear out of nowhere with big swords.
I understand that they needed to make the long roads "interesting" but hidden murderers were the wrong idea. A positive part to this is that it made me go off the beaten path, which was more interesting anyway.

Kimyonaakuma

gcunit

@Kimyonaakuma Agreed re. going off the beaten path.

I think if there were just 1 or 2 disguised Yiga then I would say it's a genius idea, but I remember getting them all too regularly at one point, and couple that with the others that just appear out of thin air, and they just became an annoyance every time.

Personally, I feel they might have been better off having them feature a lot prior to completing the Yiga HQ objective, then once you defeat the leader they should have been gone from the game.

Kimyonaakuma

@gcunit I think 1 or 2 would have been good, just enough to make them somewhat special. From what I remember there were only two types of small Yiga members so that could have worked.
Some areas are worse than others, sometimes I would just hear them laugh and the music would start but I would never see them. Other times they were in disguise and forced me into a conversation.

I 100% agree that they should be gone after the Yiga HQ mission, or even just make them rare to demonstrate that the clan leader was defeated.
The variety of enemies is very limited already so they probably added more to pad out the fighting in the game.

Kimyonaakuma

Octane

Yup, after you've defeated the Yiga Clan base, stronger warriors appear out of nowhere and keep attacking you. I remember being pretty annoyed about that after a while. You cannot make it stop either. Almost makes me want to skip the Yiga base on my next playthrough.

Octane

Kimyonaakuma

@AlternateButtons The only way to skip it would be to avoid the whole Vah Naboris part of the game. You could still defeat Ganon but most of the Gerudo quests would be impossible...

Kimyonaakuma

Octane

@AlternateButtons I dunno, just ignore it. It's not as if it matters to the game's progression in the end.

Octane

Kimyonaakuma

I didn't really enjoy the Yiga Clan hideout at first because I don't really like stealth games. However I would feel weird skipping a divine beast, especially one of my favourites.
The Gerudo part of the game is one of the best in my opinion, really open and beautiful with great people and towns. It would be a shame to skip some of it because Naboris wants to melt me with laser beams when I go near it!

@AlternateButtons Yeah it's pretty crazy for a Zelda game isn't it!? I still find it strange but amazing at the same time.

Kimyonaakuma

KirbyTheVampire

It does seem like they put a lot of effort into the Gerudo section. Pretty decent part of the story, unique creatures, beautiful location, etc etc. The only part of the game that's really comparable is Zora's Domain. The Rito part is so boring and short that it might as well have not been put into the game, and the only really neat part about the Goron section was Death Mountain itself.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

Kimyonaakuma

Random alert, apologies in advance!

I feel like there should have been Seven Champions so that they could be like a successor to the Seven Sages. Each Champion is associated with royal family and each one has a successor already, so it could have worked...maybe?

Current Champions

Gerudo - Urbosa/Riju, Camel Divine Beast
Zora - Mipha/Sidon, Elephant Divine Beast
Goron - Daruk/Yunobo, Lizard Divine Beast
Rito - Revali/Teba(?) - Bird Divine Beast

The Others (Rough Ideas)

Faron Champion - Kokiri or Korok, Beetle Divine Beast?

Sheikah/Twili Champion - Twili could have returned or there could have been a Sheikah Champion, just something to resemble the Shadow Medallion! Possibly a beast based on a nocturnal animal?

Zelda would be the seventh sage, but Hyrule Castle is already a dungeon.

It's a really random idea but it makes sense to me, more beasts and races could have been included, which means more dungeons and story - things that I felt were lacking from BotW already. I was also suprised that Faron woods and Lake Floria were not important to the story when they always have been. And Necluda was an entirely new region so anything could happen there, and it's large enough to fit a beast without affecting the current story.

The main problem that I've found is that Zelda is a sage but not a Champion and Link is a Champion, but not a sage. Hmmmmmmm.....

Kimyonaakuma

Kimyonaakuma

Ugh I wrote too much
I thought I was onto something but nevermind.

Please resume your normal conversation

Kimyonaakuma

Octane

@Kimyonaakuma I like the Korok/Beetle Dungeon idea. The more, the better in this case.

Octane

Kimyonaakuma

@Octane I thought it would have suited the area, that's all. I have so many random ideas floating around in my head that I should probably draw them before I forget.

-Or maybe throw together an unpolished unreal engine demo seeming as that's what the kids do these days

Kimyonaakuma

Maxz

Not sure it's worth reviving this thread from its slumber, but for anyone wanting to give it a bash, Breath of the Wild has just received DK Bongo support. And I just can't wait to drum some Bobongos.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Luna_110

Really?

.....like, really? Somebody still has the bongos? And Nintendo made them compatible?... that’s unique. The DK bongos have the GC connector, right? Means they are compatible through the GC adapter?

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic