Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 13,661 to 13,680 of 15,210

TuVictus

To me, it doesn't even have that much what I'd consider "music". It's mostly just ambient noises. It works well for it, but I'm definitely not going to be caring much for any OSTs

TuVictus

Luna_110

Yeah, while the sounds fit here since an overworld music would be annoying after a while, I don’t think I’ll have any memories from this soundtrack going forward, not like Wind Waker’s, for example, that I still keep in my MP3 since I adore it.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Kinoen

@shadow-wolf
You could very well be right, but with the music video Nintendo put out with Mario dancing with real people, I would say its a safe bet that song will be played more often then not, at least in New Donk City. If it does not and is only the opening or closing song of the game, it's still more memorable then any song in BoTW, at least for me (outside of Kass playing).

Kinoen

TuVictus

The only music I care enough about to remember is Hyrule Castle. Short on puzzles, but it felt exactly how I wanted the rest of the game to feel.

TuVictus

Hughesy

I’m sure this has been talked about a lot, but it’s so annoying that after you complete the story you can’t carry on playing. When I completed it ages ago I was so annoyed, as I still had shrines and other stuff to complete. I don’t understand why they’d make an open world game like this and then not let you carry on after completing the main story.

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

Ralizah

@Hughesy After you beat the game, it just brings you back to the point you were at before beating the final boss.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

Hughesy

I know, but that’s not the same is it. You go back in time and the castle isn’t back to normal, so again not being able to carry on like pretty much every open world game is a bit silly...

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

Eel

Without Ganon around there's no point in "carrying on". The castle would not be back to normal, it would just be the same castle in ruins, just without purple fog.

You would just be walking around in a world without monsters or malice. And what's a hero without evil to fight off.

I hope the upcoming DLC will be able to offer a good after-game storyline.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TuVictus

Honestly, with how disappointing it was that the world didn't even seem all that panicked or worried about Ganon, I wouldn't have expected much to be different after he's gone, if at all. Would have been neat, though, to see the castle cleaned up.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Kimyonaakuma

I honestly would have preferred a version of Hyrule Castle without the monsters and Malice.
On Wii U it slowed down so badly that I just had to hurry to the end, so an option to explore it without tons of enemies and particle effects might make it bearable.

Is it much better on Switch? I heard that korok forest is still bad on any console so I wasn't hopeful.

Kimyonaakuma

Eel

I played on the WiiU and the only place with noticeable lag I remember is the Korok Forest.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Leon_Kennedy

Just finished it on wii u and didn’t notice any noticeable lag I have to say...

Leon_Kennedy

Kimyonaakuma

@Meowpheel Whaaaat!? Really?

I had serious problems in Korok Forest and Hyrule Castle. Kakariko was okay after an update unless it rained. Everywhere else only had small issues when it became really busy on screen.

I was disappointed but I expected it with how big the game is. Slowing down sometimes is fine but some areas where so bad that I thought the game would just shut down, which just isn't okay with me

Kimyonaakuma

Octane

Hyrule Castle was like any other town, noticeable lag, but not as bad as Korok Forest.

Octane

Kimyonaakuma

Great, I guess my Wii U has problems then.
Hope it manages until I get a Switch

Kimyonaakuma

Dezzy

@Kimyonaakuma

No, it's fairly bad on Wii U. Digital Foundry showed that it's basically 20fps in most towns.
Some people just have more sensitivity to framerate than others.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Kimyonaakuma

@Dezzy Phew! I was worried that my Wii U was on it's way out.

It's good the rest of the time, except when it's downloading things because that makes everything slow down.

I was surprised though, I'm not usually not sensitive to framerates. The only other time was when I tried to play HW Legends in 3D.....don't try it!

Kimyonaakuma

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic