Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 10,581 to 10,600 of 15,210

NinChocolate

Does anyone happen to know anything about chickaloo tree nuts? I can't seem to come across them

NinChocolate

Eel

Octane wrote:

Meowpheel Yes! I read the names and they sounded familiar, took me 10 seconds to realise what they were referencing. It's a neat little Easter-egg.

I've only unlocked about half of the map and there's already so many references. Everything from the DS to the N64 to the GBC and more. I can't wait to see the rest of the map hah.

Also, those four islands far to the right have suspiciously suspicious names don't they.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

Meowpheel wrote:

Octane wrote:

Meowpheel Yes! I read the names and they sounded familiar, took me 10 seconds to realise what they were referencing. It's a neat little Easter-egg.

I've only unlocked about half of the map and there's already so many references. Everything from the DS to the N64 to the GBC and more. I can't wait to see the rest of the map hah.

Also, those four islands far to the right have suspiciously suspicious names don't they.

Yeah.. About those.. Hey @Tsurii, is it worth paying them a visit?

Octane

Henmii

So I did my first dungeon. It was a pretty fun dungeon, but I guess it took me much longer then needed (I was fumbling around, it took me a hour). The boss was also pretty fun. I died a couple of times, but the boss was certainly do-able.

Henmii

DreamyViridi

I dreaded it after seeing people here talk about them but I finally encountered my first Lynel, the one near Zora's Domain.

The fight was absolutely brutal. A ton of my equipment broke, I was tossed and batted around everywhere and I ended up eating through half a page-worth's of food but in the end, after being overwhelmed by the savage attacks, I read the patterns and I got it good! First time I really made use of the dodging-to-flurry attack mechanics.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Eel

For that mission I kind of just took the arrows without bothering the Lynel.

They always kill me in one hit so I don't even bother anymore.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Undead_terror

@DreamyViridi

Just you wait for the harder versions, I can actual beat that one easy now, already for Gannon and such, have loads of hearts, great weapons, lots of full recovery foods....but oh boi, there is savage versions, and they can kill mii easily, was able to beat one thankfully without using the "cheap" way, but at a bad cost.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Undead_terror

Welp, I turned the game into monster hunter today to get the Dark Link outfit
I also found the full Barbarian outfit which gives you stronger attacks

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

TuVictus

Is one of the Goron statues in the cityDarmani from majora's mask?

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Maxz

Just cheesed another shrine! I managed to complete Ishto Soh: Bravery's Graspwithout using the intended laser.

When all the dust has settled and I'm happy to climb out from under my spoiler-free rock, I hope people put up some videos is the most creative and contrived cheeses for the shrine puzzles. The physics engine leaves a lot of scope for interpretive solutions.

It's hard to believe this game's been out for a whole week! And I've still only done one of the four main milestones. I've completed 55 shrines and 117 Korok puzzles though, so I guess that shows where my priorities lie. Saving Hyrule can wait! There's a world to explore and puzzles to solve!

Although... having said that, I'm feeling like a bit of narrative direction, so story is up next! ...Unless I get sidetracked... again!

Anyway, I tried going to the really hot bit, but it was REALLY REALLY hot. So I'm going to the quite hot bit instead, because I think I can survive there. Then maybe I'll be cool enough to take the real hot stuff.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

MrMeowPuss

@Monkey_Balls If the game breaking thing you're talking about is reflecting the lasers using your shield, it's meant to be in the game. I have the official guide and it teaches you in there to use it in battle .

I've pretty much completely abondoned Horizon Zero Dawn now and have only been playing Zelda, it's just too much fun to stop playing.

Edited on by MrMeowPuss

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss Friend Code: SW-7290-1987-5404

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss | Twitter:

Undead_terror

@Maxz Yep, a week has gone too quickly, I'm ready for Gannon whenever myself, but right now I just wanna go and do a bunch of the side things to help improve my character like shrines and get better items.

Besides the season pass DLC, I do wonder if there will be a lil something extra for this game, not that I'm complaining, but they did add free stuff to heroes, so you may never know.

Eel

I beat the Gerudo portion of the story!

That boss was more of an annoyance than hard.

The thing you get for beating that is super good, it totally obliterated the molgera wannabe in the desert.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Joeynator3000

...No idea what I did...but...
Untitled

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Maxz

@FriedSquid I use bombs as a poor man's shock arrows/lighting rod when it comes to aggressive fishing methods. They're very effective, and a lot more replaceable. Granted, they don't have the same 'zing' factor, but... well, they do the job.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

heads to the top of a mountain and stares at volcano for a while
...Could've sworn I saw another giant lizard somewhere. >.>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

FriedSquid

Maxz wrote:

@FriedSquid I use bombs as a poor man's shock arrows/lighting rod when it comes to aggressive fishing methods. They're very effective, and a lot more replaceable. Granted, they don't have the same 'zing' factor, but... well, they do the job.

Hmm, well unless I just haven't been to a good place to get bomb arrows, I have been able to find shock arrows and lightning rods much easier than bomb arrows, hence my suggestion. Guess I should give both a shot, then! (Yikes... Bad pun )

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Undead_terror

Finally got Epona again, the first time she despawned, so I dunno if she dies, then she is gone for good or not, but I think you can possibly get multiple stuff, but stuff like clothing or Epona from the amiibo is a rarer thing.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic