Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 10,361 to 10,380 of 15,210

TuVictus

Okay... So, is there a way to refight dungeon bosses for the purpose of the compendium???

TuVictus

Gamecubed

I really don't like Zelda's voice actress. I'm sorry. I'm not bothered that they included voice acting this time around, it's just.... her voice is awful. I've tried to like it, but after 20 hours and viewing several cut scenes, I've decided that it just doesn't suit her. I would have expected something maybe a little higher?

Gamecubed

blaisedinsd

Well I have found that aiming runes is best done with the gyro.

When having to furiously target cryonis in battle I found it very difficult with the pro controller on Wii U (oops wrong thread or did the whole Wii U thread move over here to the switch forum?) to aim and use the ability as you have to press the A button with your right hand while using the right stick to aim.

This was a million times easier when I switched to the gamepad for this part of the game. Aim with the gyro and press A with your finger, just need to use the right stick to be somewhere in the area of your target.

Edited on by blaisedinsd

SW-7087-5868-6390

Undead_terror

@Operative2-0

I don't think so, however when you upgrade your slate to the max, apparently you can go back to fill in your compendium at a cost, first time is a freebie.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Dezzy

@ProjectX1991

I think plants are made out of wood.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Julius_Senpai

It is incredible how varied the environment is. Today I climbed a mountain and found sort of a tropical area.
I was sure that I would find a memory there, but I couldn't even after searching for hours. I even completed the shrine quest with lightning. There is a horse stable too. Can anyone confirm if this is around there?

Edited on by Julius_Senpai

Julius_Senpai

Maxz

In other Shine updates: Kee Ruug - Fateful Stars is also twice the size it initial appears if you want to get all the chests.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

Not sure if it's spoiler-worthy but to be safe.
Those 12 photos that comes with the album, is there anything you can do with those? I found one of the locations and assume they relate to getting some lost memories back...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TheXReturns

@DreamyViridi There should be a sparkly greenish shimmer on the ground where the image was taken, which you just have to collect to complete the task.

EDIT: Just rephrased it because I don't want to create any spoilers.

Spoilers for a north eastern shrine: I did find it amusing how the 'puzzle' of the shrine was simply opening a treasure chest to get a pretty nifty flamesword. The text spoken by the sheikah even changed to reflect the fact that you hadn't done anything courageous (I believe it was a 'blessing' instead of a trial.)

Edited on by TheXReturns

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

DreamyViridi

@TheXReturns - A shimmer? I don't see anything like that... Maybe I should see Impa about it first and then it'll show.

...Because instead of following the main story objectives, I got distracted by the new features, one thing led to another and I ended up "exploring" again. I saw the second pic, found the location then decided to get Central Hyrule's Tower while I was running around since it was "close enough". Whoops.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TheXReturns

@DreamyViridi Huh. At least, for the two memories I found, at the beach between Hyrule Castle and the great plateau, south of the Duelling peaks, and at the Shrine of Power east of Death Mountain, there was an interactable point that I can only best describe as a light green shimmer.

I'd highly recommend talking to Impa about starting the recollections quest, because after you've recalled one memory, then spoken to her again, you can obtain the Champion Tunic, the blue tunic from the boxart.
Also, I think you have to unlock all memories to gain the true ending, or so I've heard.

...That took quite a few spoiler tags... It's also not working correctly, because why on earth would it?

Ah, I see, you appear to only be able to do one spoiler per paragraph.

Edited on by TheXReturns

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

Octane

@Operative2-0 In Wind Waker you could buy pictures, I think there will be an equivalent in this game.

Octane

Nicolai

Story Time! Sorry it's so long, I've just got so much to talk about! I'm gonna take advantage of this one spoiler tag to take care of everything spoilery.

(contains a lot of major spoilers!)

I just arrived at my first dungeon, the flying one near the Rito Village. It was definitely smaller than I expected once I was inside (EDIT: playing through it now, and it's awesome. It defintely appeals to my taste in dungeons), but holy cow it is gorgeous up here! Just seeing everything moving below me and knowing that it's all not just a back-drop is incredible. I loved how, after talking to the villagers, you had to travel to a remote location with harsh conditions, find a guy, prove your worth to him, then work together to take it down. It wasn't much, but it set the tone that I wouldn't have been able to get up there if was just any old "random hylian."

The first time I discovered the blood moon mechanic was a fun one. Back when I first got off the great plateau, the first thing I did was to investigate a glowing aurora in the north. When that eventually disappeared, I made my way east toward Kakariko Village for the main quest, and came across Central Hyrule's Tower. This tower is surrounded by two immobile guardians who will pick you off if you try to climb it. I, having just started the game, didn't have much equipment for the heavily armored beasts, but, wanting desperately enough to unlock the central area, decided to waste every weapon I had on one of them (this took quite a while, as I would sneak up behind it, whacked it once on the head with a boko club, and hide until it stopped beeping). After the one was finally broken, I fought some Stalfos that were way too big for me, and proceeded to climb the tower on one side. Since the platforms on towers go in a circle, I eventually ran into the problem where I needed plenty of extra stamina to climb the side away from the one working guardian without any platforms. In the process, I consume every plate of mushrooms I have to get sooo close to the top of the tower , and it is here that I discover the blood moon mechanic. As many of you have probably discovered at this point, the blood moon revives every monster you've defeated since the last blood moon. I learn this, and it didn't quite hit me what it truly meant until a guardian started aiming from behind me. I've never gotten the urge to throw the controller before in a video game, but I nearly came close! I got picked off easily, and I was so disheartened by having wasted all of my weapons and food, just for the one guardian I slaughtered to come back to life, that I just kept heading east, and dodged through guardian city. (It hadn't occured to me that the game saves before the blood moon, and that I could have started the climb and tried to do it faster. I don't know if I had it in me to try again anyway)

My girlfriend's pretty interested in the game too, but is currently working on another Zelda game. But she watches me play, and I gotta say, the "memories quest" where you try to find where the picture was taken has been an incredibly fun activity for the both of us! It's the kind of thing that definitely takes two minds, as some are less obvious than others. It's really tough, and we've spent hours analyzing the pictures, map, and nearby landmarks trying to find the location. It's really rewarding when you find it; we're having a blast with it. Plus, I can't imaging this kind of quest in any other open-world game. In Skyrim, for example, everything is snowy mountains; it would be impossible in such a big world without more distinguishable landmarks.

Haven't been to Eldin yet, though. @Haru17, if that thing at Eldin doesn't try to pick me off from a terrifying distance, this games going in the trash! (no it won't omg i'm so sorry)

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Dezzy

Nintendo make awesome child characters. The trio in Twilight Princess were great and now I love that little girl in the Lab on the top of the hill.

FGPackers

I'm getting really impressed with physics in this game. Yesterday when i was approaching a bokoblin's camp, i sneaked and was trying to kill the guard with the bow. When i was shooting the wind made me change a little bit the aim (using gyro and i was feeling the strenght of the wind, and i was kind of forced to adjust the aim) and i almost missed it. That's really incredible

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Dezzy

@FGPackers

Making rafts fly is more impressive.

FGPackers

Dezzy wrote:

@FGPackers

Making rafts fly is more impressive.

LOL that should be tried! By the way i did 1h15 or so this morning, before i have to prepare to go to class

Finally i got to Kakariko Village, and i closed just outside of it so i can explore it with ease next time i'll play. Did my first side quests: the treasure one at the twin stable (both easy and satisfying i have to say), the stabling horse one and the last for Castonne. In reward i turned in the first 2 Korok seeds to get a slot for melee weapons and bows. While doing the treasure quest i got close to a Shrine but did not manage to find it unfortunately Now, after i'll explore Kakariko i'll do the Shrine that is there to get the 4 things (don't remember the name) and improve my Hearth pool to 4

This game is really addicting!!!

EDIT: Am i good with gear if i have only the armor from the King, the one for cold, and the bandana for climbing? Did i miss something important in this? Is there a vendor in Kakariko to get better one? Did i rush too much if i reached it in little less than 10hr (maybe 8)?

Edited on by FGPackers

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

JoyBoy

This is the second time I came across 3 trees standing next to each other in a perfect line.
Is there a pattern I don't see here? It looks like one of those koroks puzzles.

EDIT:

Wait, I see the pattern. Lol. Now where were those other trees...

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic