Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 861 to 880 of 3,410

Rambler

Mioaionios wrote:

I only have 2 major wishes for this game.

• No more weapon durability
  • Return of proper dungeons instead of those boring shrines

As long as those two wishes are granted, I'll be good.
I'm saying this because I didn't enjoy BotW, mostly because of the weapon durability. Having to change your weapon every 20 seconds or multiple times during a big fight isn't fun. Sorry.
And those shrines, while neat in the beginning, became a real bore after a while. Please give us properly themed dungeons again Aonuma.

I like both of those things.

I think the weapon durability made for more tactical fighting, especially towards the end when you had so many weapons of different abilities.

The shrines were fun, and I think they should keep them, but change the music and interior art. All looking and sounding the same was a huge disappointment. Also a wider range of puzzles wouldn't go amiss. It would be good if some were not enclosed so had more interaction with the overground environment.

However the beast dungeons were rubbish. The size was rubbish, the mechanics were rubbish, the maps were rubbish. Redesign them and have more of them. The only one that was even half-way to being good was in the DLC.

Rambler

Fizza

I have no interest in TOTK/BOTW myself but damn does this game look fantastic. Decently confident this'll be GOTY 2023

Also, @Octane you might need to change the thread name now that we finally have a title after....nearly 3 years oh wow.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

I hope the weapon durability stays except for the Master Sword. Fi should be ready to go by now.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

teo_o

@VoidofLight Well, nothing new on the surface. But they have dropped some major clues story wise, which at this point will certainly involve the so called zonais in relation to the Yiga clan and the Sheikah tribe. if that's your thing. i think it's substantial since one of the main critics to the first one was that it had a lackluster plot (which the sequel could also still have, admittedly). Gameplay yes, nothing extensive. we see new flying enemies (supposedly), a new axe, and a sort of cartridges belt link has on the side which doesn't appear to be simple apparel, but most likely has to do with link's powers or things he has to collect. We see some shots of hyrule from above, and it appears that death mountain will have a role with malice. So maybe the classic structure of "every tribe in hyrule has been affected, visit them and save the day"? admittedly, that would be a bit boring. From the single panning shot we can't see new islands, but it's not conclusive. From above we can see some new structures, some of the land appears to be different, and right at the end, when the green logo with two dragons appear, we can see down on the bottom left what seems like a shrine structure, but new, with the same green spiral that stands above ganondorf in the first trailer. other than that i agree, we still don't know how much diversity it has. Some confirmations on the patents: it appears link can decide how fast he falls from the sky. i would have loved to see new tribes and cities, but since the date is May 12, at this point we have to wait a last trailer, maybe even a dedicated direct, at the beginning of next year.

teo_o

StarPoint

Alright, so what's with the Malice leaking out of Eldin Volcano?? Is it because Malice is running underground and is trying to escape through any sort of opening? Did the Malice build up pressure in the ground causing chunks of the ground to get shot into the air, like Hyrule Castle?

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Fizza

@Octane ....Not exactly no. Pretty good joke though (though you might need to change it to the actual name before everyone in here loses it XD).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Vortexeo

@Octane Lmao I love how the first message of this thread is about Pikmin 4 ๐Ÿ˜‚

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

teo_o

Seen the key art, couple of points of discussion: Are those hebra mountains? in the midst of a tornado or a fog or something, next to the castle. Also the yellow leaves in the sky: is it winking at an autumn theme? a dying cycle of life? i'm surely stretching.

teo_o

jump

@Octane can you add a sad emoji, even if itโ€™s old skool text, to the title too?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

FroZtedFlake

@StarPoint I have no idea, I just noticed that a while ago, could lead to some interesting new environments. (Can't help but think you're right and that's another reason ventures underground may be here.)

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Ryu_Niiyama

Is this the normal BOTW2 thread? I can't tell by the title...

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

kkslider5552000

I'm glad Nintendo is giving me a real break from buying games, instead of putting this earlier next year. This also delays my next 100+ hour Xenoblade experience, since I'm playing DE until I'm done with this game.

That sounds like a diss somehow, no I'm being serious, I have too many bought and unplayed games at this point, and many others I need to get, thank you for the break.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Rambler

Rip and Tears of The Kingdom

Rambler

NintendoByNature

Zeltik broke down the trailer already and as usual, it's all good stuff.

NintendoByNature

Kermit1doesmath

So, does Link need to cry to fly? I mean the poor dude has seen and been through some rough stuff.

dysgraphia awareness human

VoidofLight

@NintendoByNature The only thing that I disagree with in his video is that the falling body is Ganondorf, since the body is depicted with pointed ears. It's probably meant to be Zelda falling into a pit.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Rambler

Is this gonna be like emo Link?

Rambler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic