Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 881 to 900 of 3,410

jump

@Octane thanks, it really brings a sense of perspective to the game with the emoji in the title now.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

StarPoint

The title just keeps getting better and better

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Rambler

It's like a happy Watchmen

Rambler

Croctopus

The Legend of Zelda: Kingdom Sad

What is this... a new CDi game?

Actually, what if the title isn't tears as in crying but tears as in ripping apart? That could work too! They didn't say the title out loud. The land gets torn apart.

Whirling Octoling

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

Fizza

@Octane Of course you just had to add the crying emoji XD

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Snatcher

Kingdom sad hahah!@FroZtedFlake please keep it!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

JesseA

I'm probably reading too much into the trailer, but is this game more vertical based? The amount of climbing and flying in this makes me think it will be similar to Mario Galaxy or Gravity Rush.

JesseA

Kermit1doesmath

I wonder if we will start the game with all the abilities of the last game but they are weak.

dysgraphia awareness human

Tyranexx

This was the only wish I had for this Direct: learning the true title of this game. I was not disappointed! Would've liked more footage, but we'll get that in time. Definitely the highlight of a so/so Direct for me. Though I'm glad there was something for almost everyone.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

VoidofLight

@Kermit1 I feel like the Malice that's eating the master sword and Link's arm in the E3 2021 trailer will probably be the cause of resetting Link back to square one, with three hearts and low stamina.

@JesseA The big thing for this game is just how the world isn't just an expansive map, but also expansive air. I don't think it'll be akin to Mario Galaxy, but it does seem like you'll be doing a lot of climbing and gliding through the air.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Atomic77

What ever this turns out to be should be interesting.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

Tendo64

Naturally, the danger is that the first one was that loftily good that it seems almost impossible to match the dizzying heights in a sequel.

But here we are, and it's what most of us have been waiting for.

I'm not expecting it to better the first effort, but I'm still expecting a home-run.

I joked to a buddy of mine the other day that I'd be taking the week off following the game's release. It doesn't seem like such a bad idea!

Edited on by Tendo64

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Eel

@Octane don’t you think it would be better to include the actual name of the game in the title of the thread? To avoid people creating/using other threads about the same game.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Henmii

The marketing on this game is weird to say the least. A teaser, again?! Why don't we get a trailer again, one that is really good (I wasn't blown away with the first proper trailer, but that just might be me). They keeping their cards very close to their chests with this one.

Henmii

Magician

@Henmii We'll most likely get a TotK-centric Direct with a twenty-minute gameplay blowout in March, a couple months before the launch of the game.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Solaine

Do i just remember it wrong or did we only really get the hype trailer about 2 months before release as well? Before that, i only remember that cutscene with the guardian chasing link. That is why i expect a cooler and longer trailer in February

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

jump

@Solaine Nah, the E3 before it's release had loads of coverage.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

@Henmii It does release in May though, Nintendo's blowout promo for huge games generally happens around 6 or fewer months before launch.

For example

• Smash Ultimate launched in December 2018 and the major promotion started in June 2018
  • Mario Odyssey launched in October 2017 and the major promotion started in June 2017
  • Mainline Pokemon generally launches in November and the major promotion starts in June
  • Animal Crossing New Horizons launched in March 2020 and the major promotion started in February 2020

Things were different with BotW but circumstances were different back then with the state of the Wii U and 3DS lineups.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic