Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 2,761 to 2,780 of 3,410

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
It’s been my favorite set to find so far. Each piece had some sort of challenge you had to overcome before you could get the piece, or at least it would be hard to get the pieces without doing the challenge.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

WaffleBoat

Just reached 100hrs and to celebrate I am finally doing my third dungeon!! (The Zora one)

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

Kermit1doesmath

@blindsquarel I found a shrine that's simular to the aline the stars ones from BOTW and I hate it.

dysgraphia awareness human

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
I found one that was similar. It wasn’t to hard, but no way I figure it out without prior knowledge of the Star shrine.

If you need a tip ( and it’s the same shrine I did) look at the ceiling.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Xyphon22

Just to start off, I don't want any hints or anything on where to go or what to do. I want to figure it out for myself. I'm just venting here and wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem.

I've found every tower and uncovered the entire map. I've been about everywhere because I go off to do something and chase distractions all over the world. I finally went ahead and did one temple (wind) but don't want to do any more until I do one thing first. Get more inventory space! I found Hestu the first time, he did two expansions before going home and telling me he'll give me more there, and I can't find him anywhere! I have about 100 korok seeds ready to give him, and it's so frustrating. I'm sure he said he would be on the road leading to some town, which I can't remember but I think it was either Kakariko or Hateno. I've searched all over and around both (and other) towns, so many forests, he's nowhere to be found! Okay, I'm done. Thanks for listening. Hopefully I'll find him soon. The end.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

WoomyNNYes

@NintendoByNature Oh, thanks. I thought they still asked where hestu was. The later half of the post still looked like asking to me, but I'll error on caution and delete. Oops.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

NintendoByNature

@WoomyNNYes lol np. I wanted to say something too. Or even give a hint, but I think they just wanted to vent.

NintendoByNature

Xyphon22

@WoomyNNYes @NintendoByNature Yeah, just venting. Not that I'd be that upset if you told me where to find him, but I would prefer to find him on my own. Chances are I've probably even been pretty close but got distracted by a korok or a shrine or something nearby and missed him. Good times.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Truegamer79

So how many of you have had to look up shrine solutions online? I try really hard not to but there's been a few that just racked my brain to the point of frustration. 😤 Then when i look it up i feel like an idiot.

There was this one where you had to sorta build a paddle to swat a ball into a couple bulls eyes and i just didn't get it. It had these nail like pieces that could just stick into other things without having to actually attach them and that threw me off.

So yeah i got annoyed and looked it up. I face-palmed after seeing the solution and felt like i should turn in my gamer card and take up knitting instead LOL.

Truegamer79

NintendoByNature

@Xyphon22 yea, you've probably walked past him and not realized it. If you need a real hint, let us know.
@Truegamer79 only twice so far I believe. Maybe 3 times max. Most of them aren't too bad and I genuinely enjoy being a teenie bit stumped. I for sure did a puzzle incorrectly last night but it actually worked which made it all the better.

NintendoByNature

Truegamer79

@NintendoByNature

Yeah i remember a few shrines in BOTW where i cleared them anyway but it probably wasn't exactly the intended solution they wanted the player to use. If it works it works!

Truegamer79

JaxonH

You... you can fuse a beehive to your weapon and shoot bees out when you hold the attack button.

How is this not the greatest video game of all time.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

WoomyNNYes

@Truegamer79 I had to look up a few things to open my eyes. Ive been figuring shrines out since, im at 54 shrines now. A few have been tough, though. Don't feel bad, its a lot of really new concepts. Don't feel bad about skipping them either. In time, you'll likely see or learn things in-game that will help you solve those baffling shrines later. That's how it was with botw; shrines I couldn't beat int he first 15 hours, I was able to beat them when I came back to them later.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Rambler

@Truegamer79
The paddle ball one was the one that stumped me a few pages back in this thread. I abandoned it, then got stuck on another. Then real life got in the way for a week. But last night I managed to do both after a lot of trial and error, and also another rather large shrine.

On a separate note - the music seems to be much better than BoTW, to my ears anyway. I really did like the sparse arrangements in the former game (especially that piano refrain that played when you were wandering up cliffs), but the music in the shrines I've been in reminds me of Spirit of Eden-era Talk Talk.
But it could've just been that I was playing with earphones in for the first time in either game

Edited on by Rambler

Rambler

Truegamer79

@Rambler

Yeah sometimes i just can't wrap my head around some of the shrines and those stakes that just magically stick to things confused me. It's funny you mentioned the music cause i remember hearing a little riff from the original zelda overworld theme once while exploring on horseback and it made me smile. I was like oh cool!

Nice Avatar BTW. Love Midna and Twilight princess!

Edited on by Truegamer79

Truegamer79

Rambler

@Truegamer79
Thanks! Finally got the Midna Amiibo the other week - her and wolfy Link smile benevolently down upon me as I work

The music in this does seem to be much better than BoTW with reworked versions of older pieces along with the new. I'm really enjoying it. Plus the sounds design as well - the FX seems to be more "robust" if that can apply, but they've kept a load of the old sounds, which is lovely.

Rambler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic