Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 3,410

Buizel

@Pizzamorg it seems Tears of the Kingdom is only £60 in the UK, not £70 as is the case with PS5 games. So the same price as BotW 6 years ago.

I'm guessing the price hike is for US only?

But yeah, vouchers are always the way to go for day-one digital purchases IMO. Stacking discounts (that is, through points earnings and 10% discount on eshop credit) you end up paying closer to £35 for your games.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Ralizah

@MarioLover92 I think they're here to stay this time. There's no language about the vouchers expiring at all.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MarioVillager92

@Ralizah All right cool. Hopefully that'll turn out to be the case, then, and that I find a decent time to get a pair of vouchers. Kinda weird that they removed them from the US eShop for a good while.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Ralizah

@MarioLover92 NoA has a history of poor decision-making. Hopefully they're here to stay and that's the end of it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryu_Niiyama

CE is up on US Best Buy. $129. Just put in my order.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Tyranexx

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

CE is up on US Best Buy. $129. Just put in my order.

Oof. Wish I'd seen this sooner. Seems they just sold out....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Ryu_Niiyama

@Tyranexx Aww dang, I'll keep a look out for you. If I see it again somewhere I'll let you know. They had the amiibo as well.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

FroZtedFlake

Holy cow this game looks phenomenal- I'm 95% sure that's Matthew Mercer voicing what I assume is Ganondorf too AHHH
I'm already going crazy with speculations lol

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Tyranexx

@Ryu_Niiyama Much appreciated! I watched the Direct a bit late and am now just playing catch-up. At least there are multiple retailers involved. No XC3 Special Edition fiasco this time (hopefully).

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Snatcher

Wile 70 dollars for a Nintendo games is a lot, BOTW one had a lot, and a lot, A lot of content, so I’m more willing, plus the game looked like a blast to play! So I’m not upset about it at all really, even if my comments in the articles say otherwise.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

JesseA

It's weird how little of this game we've actually seen. I don't think we've seen any new enemies, abilities, weapons or even levels. I trust the developers that we're getting a full game, but we really haven't been shown that much. I get the impression that Zelda is going to be the main playable character and they're intentionally hiding it, especially with the last line in the newest trailer, and that they kind of tested her with the zelda warriors game. Really wish they got a new voice actor for her though. I don't understand why they cast an American to do an English accent.

JesseA

VoidofLight

@JesseA Did you watch the same trailer we watched? None of this is remotely true. Most of the enemies in this trailer were new, Link is the main playable character as he's in absolutely every single shot of the trailer, they showed off a few new abilities like Link crafting vehicles to ride within. There's a ton of new weapons in that trailer alone, and there's a ton of new locations. We see a ton of underground areas, a ton of new sky islands, and areas that I can't even really place on the original's map, despite combing through the footage time and time again.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

blindsquirrel

@JesseA
How in the world did you get the impression Zelda is the main character. In literally every shot of gameplay we got it was clearly link. I think it’s more likely Zelda is killed and gets resurrected in some way.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

JesseA

VoidofLight wrote:

@JesseA Did you watch the same trailer we watched? None of this is remotely true. Most of the enemies in this trailer were new, Link is the main playable character as he's in absolutely every single shot of the trailer, they showed off a few new abilities like Link crafting vehicles to ride within. There's a ton of new weapons in that trailer alone, and there's a ton of new locations. We see a ton of underground areas, a ton of new sky islands, and areas that I can't even really place on the original's map, despite combing through the footage time and time again.

blindsquarel wrote:

@JesseA
How in the world did you get the impression Zelda is the main character. In literally every shot of gameplay we got it was clearly link. I think it’s more likely Zelda is killed and gets resurrected in some way.

I'm just saying in comparison to the amount of information given in the original zelda botw trailer before its release, we haven't been shown nearly as much. The game is a few months out and by that time with the original botw we had playthroughs and a lot more information. I'm not saying what we've seen is bad, just that they aren't showing a lot. IMO
It's just my opinion, but it felts to me like the majority of enemies shown were bokoblins, trolls, rock monsters, moblins and lizalfos. We saw a flying creature but not much else. I hope there is a lot of new enemy variety.
I think Zelda will be a playable character, it's just a hunch. The line about link lending his powers makes me think it might happen.
Also does the ending voice feel twilight princess connected to anyone else? Again maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

JesseA

VoidofLight

@JesseA The line is telling something to lend it's power to Link, not Link lending his power to something else. There's more than just the flying creature too in terms of enemies. For example, the monster on the bridge with three heads, and then the fact that redeads are actually back now. The giant stone Golem in the skies above Hyrule as well.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

blindsquirrel

@JesseA
The line isn’t about link lending his power. It’s most likely Hylia ( or whatever the weird looking character is in the second trailer) who is lending Link their power. While I do think Zelda won’t be playable, she will likely have a major role in the story, similar to in Skyward Sword.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

jedgamesguy

There's theories that either Matt Mercer or Patrick Seitz are voicing what is widely assumed to be Ganondorf. If so, bring it, because he sounds like he's out for vengeance. Ganon, the Gorons, the Zora, Rito, Gerudo, all of them feel perfectly represented in terms of how they are voiced.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Varkster

@TheJGG I'm fairly certain Matt Mercer is the voice in the trailer (presumably meant to be Ganondorf), it sounds a lot like a growly version of his Pain voice (from Naruto).

It sounds like a younger Ganondorf, hopefully the final design for Ganondorf matches his voice well, I think he's a great voice actor but I definitely think an otherworldly deeper voice may have fit the character a little bit better (see something like the Reapers from Mass Effect, they had an amazing voice with some modulations).

The starting music for this trailer was great, by the way. The ending theme is something we have already heard bits and pieces of but I really liked the first part of the trailer.

Unfortunately, this trailer just couldn't have beaten the absolutely INSANE trailer for the first game, I think that Breath of the Wild trailer still remains my favorite video game trailer of all time, it's perfect. I still go back to re-watch it every now and again and every single time it hypes me up to play the game that I've already played countless hours of.

Really impressed with the variety of monsters in this trailer, though. That was one of the bigger flaws about the first game, its game length didn't account for the re-used monsters, here we can see a bunch of new creatures including what I think is a dragon guarding Hyrule in one of the first shots.

I'm still confused why they're not showing a bunch of this game, they should try their best to sell it, we are so close to release and it still feels like we haven't seen anything. Yes, if we combine the gameplay trailers today, you'd think that's a lot of footage, but I think a lot of people are waiting on some clarification of just how much this game is bringing to the table if you have already played Breath of the Wild (which I assume is who this game is targeted for).

Edited on by Varkster

Varkster

Grumblevolcano

@Varkster Probably to let the other releases have time in the spotlight. The Switch lineup prior to TotK currently is a lot more packed than what the Wii U lineup prior to BotW looked like at E3 2016. My guess is a big TotK Direct happens sometime after Bayonetta Origins launches.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

Yeah if the OLED Leak is true they are going to want at least a month or two to snag preorders. So I suspect an April direct or mayyyyyyybe a late March Direct with a new trailer and a by the way go buy a new OLED.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic