Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 3,358

Tyranexx

I could live with the $70 price increase since we sorta know the game quality already. Though I've been holding out splashing money on a preorder in case an amazing special edition comes along.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

kkslider5552000

The other thing for me is that the entire concept of 70 dollar games is exposed as "well we can get away with it with this game" unless you do it as a norm for a new console, where you can at least make the factual claim that they are more expensive to make. Outside of the general ambition of a BOTW sequel, this is as far away from a good time to do it as possible. (granted, no one can afford **** anymore so I'm not sure there is a good time, but randomly in Switch year 6 would not be it)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TeaCatherine

@kkslider5552000 To be honest, though it is just bringing it inline with BOTW's European prices which were £10 more expensive than most Switch games in the UK and (I believe) mostly 10 euros above most other Switch games.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Pizzamorg

Will this be excluded from the NSO Vouchers then if they are slapping a premium on it because Nintendo is scuzz?

Life to the living, death to the dead.

jump

@Pizzamorg BOTW (and Smash) was the same price in the UK/Europe and you could use the vouchers on them.

This is really a non-story since it's just asking the yanks to pay the price as the rest of the world did for BOTW.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Okami1

This game looks pretty good. I have tears now.

dysgraphia awareness human

blindsquirrel

Okay this game is going to be incredible.
Also it is $70 on the eshop now.

Edit: Pikmin is $60, so the $70 might just be for TOTK.

Edited on by blindsquirrel

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Ralizah

So it is $70? Glad I got my preorder in when I did!

EDIT: Doesn't look like the listing is live yet.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Eel

Unless amazon decides to go “oops your preorder is cancelled, please order again uwu” then the price increase doesn't really affect me either.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Henmii

Trololol: Still no proper trailer, but a very cool teaser. We basically still know nothing. I wonder if they still plan some sort of Zelda Direct.

Henmii

Ralizah

@Henmii Almost certainly. If something niche like Xenoblade gets a dedicated Direct, you know a big seller like TotK will.

Sisilly_G

Oof. Sucks for the Americans if that’s indeed the case, especially as that price isn’t inclusive of tax, right?

In Australia, the cheapest available price is AU$75, or around US$52, and that’s after tax.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Pizzamorg

jump wrote:

@Pizzamorg BOTW (and Smash) was the same price in the UK/Europe and you could use the vouchers on them.
This is really a non-story since it's just asking the yanks to pay the price as the rest of the world did for BOTW.

Ah if that is the case then I don't care lol costs me the same thanks to the vouchers.

Ralizah

Wait, even at $70, this is still voucher eligible! Guess I'll go that route get it plus Advance Wars for $100. Effectively making them $50 games.

Thanks, Nintendo!

Pizzamorg

Ralizah wrote:

Wait, even at $70, this is still voucher eligible! Guess I'll go that route get it plus Advance Wars for $100. Effectively making them $50 games.
Thanks, Nintendo!

I tend to buy most games via vouchers. It is still kinda expensive compared to say my PC gaming habits, or using subscriptions on PlayStation or Xbox, but it is about the cheapest you can get Nintendo games without hunting down specific physical deals. Plus you get almost a fivers worth of coins with the purchase of the vouchers too, to put towards a game not included, so it is a pretty great deal with Nintendo as context for that statement.

Ralizah

@Pizzamorg The voucher program only re-emerged in North America a week ago or so. Makes me think it was partially designed to ease outrage over the MSRP price hike.

Which actually works for me. I was super disappointed with they discontinued the program here.

Nintendo games will obviously still cost more overall down the road, but this actually makes Nintendo games cheaper at launch than Playstation games for me.

MarioVillager92

Wait, how long are the game vouchers gonna stick around? I know they got rid of them earlier in the US, then recently brought them back. Because I'm not ready to shell out $70 for a single game, especially for a console that's just a bit more powerful than the Wii U.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

VoidofLight

Well, it sucks that this game is 70 dollars. I wasted years waiting for it, and being excited for it, but I don't want to support Nintendo slapping a premium on their games like this. There's no sales that are going to happen either, so I don't think I'm going to bother even trying to get my hands on the game. The price ruined everything in that trailer for me.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Pizzamorg

@Ralizah yeah in that context it's kinda nuts. For ten quid more I can get two brand new Switch games on release with the vouchers, plus a fiver off of a third game. Whereas I can get just one on the PS5. Sure the PS5 title might be more technically accomplished but I think even that argument is basically worthless when it comes to Sony's bonkers pricing.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic