Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,231

LuckyLand

@MegaTen what's the matter anyway? If a game is good it doesn't matter how old it is. Expecially on consoles, that often don't features retrocompatibility and even if Switch was retrocompatibile no other Nintendo console ever had an Elder Scrolls game. People that don't like Elder Scrolls and/or don't prefer Nintendo consoles than the others talk like it's nothing, but I'm sure many people are excited about this and we will see in the next months how well the game will do. I'm confident it will do very good

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

rallydefault

@LuckyLand
It doesn't matter at all. Just let people spit at shadows - it's kinda funny if you log on with the right attitude.

I've got Skyrim for Switch preordered. Never beat the whole thing. Never really got to play much of it, actually, so I'm pretty excited!

rallydefault

rk3388

@MegaTen I agree- How many of the people complaining ended up buying Twilight Princess HD....

Skyrim SE has more of a graphical improvement imo, not to mention including all the DLC, motion controls, and the Zelda stuff is a bonus as well.

Never played it and pre-ordered it when Canadian Prime still got 20% off pre-orders, so I'm getting it!

rk3388

Grumblevolcano

@rk3388 It's pretty crazy how outside of maybe a Skyward Sword HD remaster, Twilight Princess HD may have been the last traditional Zelda game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rk3388

@Grumblevolcano nooooo don't say that

Never really thought about that, but I hope someday they make another traditional one :/ The linear path does have positives like focus on story, making progressively harder dungeons with more gear, etc.

rk3388

Haru17

People forget because they created memes, but Fus Roh Dah, Become Ethereal, and Whirlwind Sprint are such smart ideas for an open world game. Climb a mountain? Well here's a way to jump down without painstakingly making your way. Want an enemy to go away? Shout them off a ledge. Bethesda even created jumping puzzles in some of the dungeons that make use of the Whirlwind Sprint shout.

There's a method to the shouts they put in the way of the main quest and a reason Breath of the Wild copied the shout concept and took the other way to circumvent fall damage from The Wind Waker.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

SKTTR

Final US boxart?

Untitled

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Zuljaras

Can't wait to get that!
It will be extremely satisfying for me because I only played Elder Scrolls games 4-5 hours each.
In Skyrim I only got to the Greybeards after Whiterun. That was total of 4 hours. I do not know what made me wait for so long.
I will sing at least 1k hours into the Switch version!

Spoony_Tech

Looks nice but once I buy the game I never look at the box again.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Haru17

So they're finally calling it the special edition? Is that an official image?

In hindsight it is crazy that Skyrim got 200 GOTY awards. Witcher 3 did that too apparently. Games press are like a hive mind.

Tyranexx

SKTTR wrote:

Final US boxart?

Untitled

I like it! Pleasing to the eye and not too loud.

Haru17 wrote:

In hindsight it is crazy that Skyrim got 200 GOTY awards. Witcher 3 did that too apparently. Games press are like a hive mind.

Illuminati confirmed.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

JaxonH

That box art is gorgeous.

So, Skyrim Switch is currently #106 in the Video Games category on Amazon. That's... respectable I think, given that it's still a month out (with Odyssey standing between now and then), and it's a remaster of a game well played on a new platform with like 7 million players, many of whom aren't yet fans. They'll need to cultivate the fanbase, which, seems to be exactly what they're doing with Skyrim, DOOM and Wolfenstein 2 (and surely Fallout 4 next year).

I hope it climbs the best sellers ranking more as we near release. I don't expect it to sell like Zelda but, 1-2 million on Switch needs to happen.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Zuljaras

JaxonH wrote:

That box art is gorgeous.

So, Skyrim Switch is currently #106 in the Video Games category on Amazon. That's... respectable I think, given that it's still a month out (with Odyssey standing between now and then), and it's a remaster of a game well played on a new platform with like 7 million players, many of whom aren't yet fans. They'll need to cultivate the fanbase, which, seems to be exactly what they're doing with Skyrim, DOOM and Wolfenstein 2 (and surely Fallout 4 next year).

I hope it climbs the best sellers ranking more as we near release. I don't expect it to sell like Zelda but, 1-2 million on Switch needs to happen.

I really hope for that ''(and surely Fallout 4 next year)''. This will be huge if happens! Even some of the older games are fine on the Switch in order to have the FULL experience of Fallout & Elder Scrolls!

FX102A

I will buy this at some point I just haven't decided when. May add it to the Christmas pile which is still in development.

For big games like this, I never realised the console's portable nature would add to the experience. Sometimes you just want to explore a little area or do a quick quest. The fact that I can just pick up the console at home or when travelling and quickly get stuck in has been great.

FX102A

Haru17

Y'know what really needs to happen? Prey 2017 on Switch. Because, just like L.A. Norie Remastered, who exactly gives a damn about that game on PS4 where there are virtually endless games to play?

And yes, Elder Scrolls covers have been classy since Morrowind or so. Before, not so much.

Untitled

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH While I agree 1 million needs to happen that still a huge attach rate even if after CHRISTmas there 10 million units sold. Is there enough adults that haven't played it on Nintendo systems that want it will be the big test. Nintendo needs to give it a big a push as they can given they gave up that sales spot to the game they've had for many years now.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

LuckyLand

@Spoony_Tech You don't need to have never played it to want to play it on Switch. Also, I think many young people could play it as well. Yes there is some violence and scary stuff here and there but nothing excessive by nowadays standards and I'm sure some young people play far worse things than Skyrim. I wouldn't be too concerned if I saw a kid playing this game. Expecially a console edition that does not support mods.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Spoony_Tech

There's blood, violence, and swearing and it's getting an M rating. I've played the past games and wouldn't let my 10 year old near it. That's just me though

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

@DarthNocturnal I would admit it is a lighter end M rated game. Far worse out there but I barely let my son play Monster Hunter. He just started that when he was 9.

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic