Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,231

RogueSpyke

@6ch6ris6 I liked the story too, but I personally felt the Thalmor were underwhelming antagonists. They never really do anything other than throw tantrums if anyone worshiped Talos near them. The game sorta hypes them up as being really evil and whatnot but aside from occasionally getting mad at Nords they don't really do anything.

RogueSpyke

KirbyTheVampire

The story wasn't the worst I've ever seen, but it could have been better. I really hope Bethesda steps up their game with the main story in TES 6. I want to care about the story a lot more than I did in Skyrim. It was okay I guess, and I stayed decently interested in it. I enjoyed some of the side questlines and the Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLC way more than I did the main story, though.

The main story still didn't put down my enjoyment of the game, though. The main story is just meant to be a small sliver of the game as a whole, anyway. The sidequests are what really make up the meat of the game, and the majority of those were really enjoyable.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

Nin10dad

How outlandish would it be for cross platform save states? I've put about 150 hours into Skyrim on my PS4 but haven't played it since before Xmas.
Could see a portable version reviving my interest somewhat!
And yes, I know it's never gonna happen, I'm just curious as to the theoretical possibility of it in an ideal world

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Brian-Price

Best games of all time? hardly. Dragon Quest 7 and 8 blows it away.

Brian-Price

Brian-Price

Along with Dragons Dogma, my favorite of all time.

Brian-Price

KirbyTheVampire

ReeLongbow wrote:

Best games of all time? hardly. Dragon Quest 7 and 8 blows it away.

In your opinion.

KirbyTheVampire

jump

With mods being in this version I wonder if they will add Nintendo skins and costumes like they did with Minecraft, Bayonetta, Rayman, Tekken etc on the Wii U?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

FragRed

@jump Has mods been confirmed for the Nintendo Switch version?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

6ch6ris6

as far as i know mods have not been confirmed yet. i honestly doubt this version will have mods. maybe nintendo is worried about kids again or whatever...

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

jump

Official listings went up with the term pc-like mods or something like that but was swiftly taken down.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

DTMOF84

Is this something you can jump into without ever playing any of the others? I thought the game looked pretty cool.

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
β˜•οΈ
🀘🏻

komodo182

@Dan0753 defintively can be picked up by someone who hasn't played the other elder scrolls game.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Haru17

@Dan0753 Every Elder Scrolls is set in its own region and time period. To my memory, there are no returning characters. Lore and even some of the readable books in the world connect the different games together, but there is no reason to play the games in any particular order.

Skyrim is by far the most easily accessible and fundamentally best designed Elder Scrolls world, so I suggest starting there if you're unsure you'll like the series. Just keep in mind that it's a time sink to an even greater degree than Breath of the Wild.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Spoony_Tech

@Dan0753 Yes it is. It help to be familiar with the game mechanics but other then that the story is original I believe.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DTMOF84

Haru17 wrote:

@Dan0753 Every Elder Scrolls is set in its own region and time period. To my memory, there are no returning characters. Lore and even some of the readable books in the world connect the different games together, but there is no reason to play the games in any particular order.

Skyrim is by far the most easily accessible and fundamentally best designed Elder Scrolls world, so I suggest starting there if you're unsure you'll like the series. Just keep in mind that it's a time sink to an even greater degree than Breath of the Wild.

Awesome. Kinda like the Zeldas then? I know there's a timeline for them. But realistically it means nothing when you start up a game.

I'll hold out playing them on Xbox then until this come sout.

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
β˜•οΈ
🀘🏻

Haru17

@Dan0753 Yes, functionally it's like Zelda and Final Fantasy. Elder Scrolls definitely has a more expansive and solidified continuity than either of them, but that doesn't really interrupt the story of each game, if that makes any sense.

For instance, the continent map won't drastically shift between games and history isn't lost from one game to the next. The world's religions are all the same, not throwing in new 'light spirits' and 'giants' to explain each new game, etc, etc.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

KirbyTheVampire

While all the games take place on the same world, the story, characters, setting etc etc are all unique in each game, and a great deal of lore and information about the Elder Scrolls universe can be learned in any of the games just by exploring, doing quests, talking to people, reading books etc etc. Definitely a very easy game series to jump right into, no matter which game in the series you're starting with.

KirbyTheVampire

Xyphon22

Gameplay-wise, how does this compare to Oblivion? I'm playing through Oblivion now, and honestly, I don't think it's that great. I admittedly am not taking the time to talk to everyone I see and do all of the side quests which I hear is most of the appeal, but I find it kind of dull. Right now I'm trying to recruit aid for this one city, and I just do the same thing over and over again. Go to a city, ask for help, they can't offer help because their entire army is busy with an Oblivion gate, despite this they can't send a single soldier to help me go destroy the Oblivion gate, I destroy the gate by myself, they grant their aid, I move on to the next city and repeat ad nauseum. And inside all the gates is exactly the same with the exact same enemies and the exact same goal. It kind of feels like a bigger Pandora's Tower, but bigger isn't necessarily better because I have to waste time travelling everywhere.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Octane

Forget about this game and get the vastly superior Witcher 3

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic