Forums

Topic: Tennis 1920s

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

Darknyht

I was just curious if anyone has downloaded Tennis 1920s, and what their impressions of it was. I am always curious when a new Free to Play game pops up, but since Tennis simulators isn't high on my list of games to play wanted to know if this leans more Sim vs. Arcade.

I am game if it plays like Virtua-Tennis, not so interested if it is Tennis: Let's Grind Repetitive Activities So You Might Be Competitive.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

porto

I saw that and watched the trailer. I don’t like sports video games so I won’t pick it up. But I hope you enjoy it!

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Darknyht

@Apportal I haven't been brave enough to do so yet, as I haven't seen anything regarding it. I was hoping someone else was brave enough to jump in on it.

Darknyht

porto

@Darknyht okay, I got it. I’ll let you in on a review later. 😉

Edited on by porto

porto

porto

I wrote this Nintendo Life style 😂

Unappealing cash grab littered with simplicity.

In short, as to what you’ve said, this game isn’t for you. It does it’s job looking like the 1920s, but other than that it fails in every way. The graphics are awful, and the textures are just god-awful ugly. And the supposed “free” game is filled to the brim with expensive micro transactions, some of which you need to buy to enjoy the game fully.

The simpleness might be good for young ones to learn the game easily, but for adults it really shouldn’t hold you for long. Unlike most recent tennis games, there’s usually some twist to swinging the tennis racket, or some other unique idea. None of that here. It’s simple in a way it’s frustrating to play.

Pros:

Simple design may entertain kids for a short period
Does a good job of looking like the 1920s

Cons:
Ugly graphics and textures
Micro transactions everywhere to be found.
Doesn’t set itself apart from other tennis games other than the 1920s style.

TL;DR I would definitely pass. It didn’t hold me very long, and judging by what you want in a tennis game I don’t think it’s for you or I.

2/10

Hope this helps. 😊

Edited on by porto

porto

SKTTR

It speaks volumes about the quality, when a game is called Tennis 1920s on the eShop and when you download it you find that its real title is World of Tennis: Roaring '20s with an icon saying 2019 for whatever reason.

Anyway, it's unlike any other Tennis game I ever played, and it's very different from both Mario Tennis Aces , Instant Tennis, Super Tennis, and Smash Court Tennis (the only other 4 Switch tennis games I played so far) control-wise. So, being unique in that regard might be a good thing for some players. I like the presentation and the overall 1920s feel. They did a good job especially with the hundred year old music and aesthetics.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Darknyht

Yeah, I went ahead and downloaded it and quickly figured out that this was a port of a mobile game. It includes all the most hated parts of F2P on mobile and when I realized that grinding a boring training session netted me 2% experience (to raise 2 stats to 2%). Even the gameplay seems to be mobile minded with the players basically playing themselves, while you aim your shots.

Needless to say, this is a hard pass as it is far from my idea of a fun time.

Darknyht

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic