Forums

Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge

Posts 181 to 200 of 334

roy130390

I just played for about half an hour and... Holy crap it delivers! I was worried that I might have been getting too hyped for my own good but it really is fantastic! My only gripe is the random software closings but I'm sure that it will be patched soon. I played by myself and also with other people and both experiences were great. Also, Leo rocks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

kerplunk

The game rules. Definitely met the hype.

kerplunk

RubyCarbuncle

I'll be playing this along with Redout 2 on PC this evening. I heard the Switch version of the Turtles suffered from random crashes but every other Platform is ok.

RubyCarbuncle

Switch Friend Code: SW-4433-3410-1346 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-7103-3376 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkNebula | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

Ok. Totally baffled here.
What do they say at the end of the game's opening??? I can't make it out. I'm used to hearing: "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, heros in a half-shell, turtle power!". But at the end of the games opening, I can't tell what they are saying in place of "turtle power". The music drowns out the words at this point. To me, it sounds like they say "Shredder power". Is it still "tutle power"? lol XD

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

roy130390

Got to stage 9, I have no idea how many stages I have left but I'll be replaying it a lot, it's a ton of fun.

Edited on by roy130390

Teksetter

@WoomyNNYes
I think you're overthinking it - it just sounds like "Turtle Power!" to me.
Though you're right - it is obscured by the music quite a bit.

It's nice to hear everyone's positive impressions of the game, but JEALOUS! I'll stubbornly wait for my cartridge to come in.

Switch FC: SW-5760-3019-8223
(player name is Beesh)

Tasuki

Got this downloading on my Series X so it will be ready for me to play when I get home from work. I also went ahead and ordered the Switch version from LGR. I can't wait to play this tonight after hearing so many positive reviews.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

bimmy-lee

We’ve had the second half of vacation altered by Covid, so I’m locked in. Gonna play this afternoon.

@roy130390 - I thiiink I read in the review on NL, or perhaps elsewhere, that there’s 15 stages in story mode. I have that number in mind at least.

@WoomyNNYes - I’m still hearing “Turtle Power”, but maybe with a little Mike Patton flair put on it.

@Tasuki - Enjoy dude. Nice that you can play immediately on XBox and still order a physical copy.

@Losermagnet - August is actually way sooner than I expected and wouldn’t be a bad wait all things considered.

@JesseA - This game is the undisputed champion of backlog line skippers. It just jumped everything ahead of it on all our Switchs’ess.

@NintendoByNature - Don’t leave us! Stay and have every single surprise and easter egg ruined!

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tasuki

@bimmy-lee I will admit I was torn as to if I wanted to buy it digitally or physical. The main reason being I want to play it now rather then a year from now as which happens with LGR orders, but I didn't want to double dip. With Game Pass it made that decision easier.

Hope you feel better.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Truegamer79

So let me just be clear in this. If you want the game now the only option is digital and for physical you gotta wait until august? Is that correct?

Truegamer79

Magician

Removed - trolling/baiting

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

bimmy-lee

@WoomyNNYes @Tasuki - Thanks Guys, I don’t have it... yet. It appears the wedding we attended out of town might have been a bit of a spreader event. Lots of people coming down with it now, but only my daughter in our house. I assumed I boosted for the year when I got it in March, but who knows? Tasuki, that Game Pass deal is sweet. I don’t like to double dip, but that scenario makes it an easy choice.

@Truegamer79 - Yeah, I don’t think anything is official yet, but August would be aggressively early by the established standard. I haven’t been paying full attention though as I was always going to buy digital.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

KevTastic84

Is it just LRG putting out a physical copy?

..and Plumbings our game.... https://youtu.be/Vxj_ARoHiu4 Black Arrow Game Talk Episode One is now Live

Nintendo Network ID: kevtastic84 | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Did this game get a day 1 update that fixed a crashing issue? I heard about that in some reviews...it's the only thing in Switch games that bother me, crashes. lol

(seriously, I've been wanting to love Civilization VI but apparently that game in general crashes constantly. xD apparently it's a DLC thing...)

Anyways yeah, I kinda want to get this, but at the same time Sunbreak is around the corner....no other game will exist for a while once that's out. >.<

Then again I don't think I'd be playing this constantly like with MH....and I also have about $10 in gold coins on the eShop...ugh, I hate decisions. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

bimmy-lee

Only a couple levels deep, but I fully agree with the excellent review here on NL. It’s the arcade Turtles game of our dreams with modern bmup combat. I’m still working out combos, and there’s a lot of moves to unlock yet; but I haven’t encountered a combo finisher the likes we had in RCG. There’s a special on a meter, but no strong finisher.

You can still string together ridiculous combos, and there’s a level of springiness and athleticism with the Turtles that you don’t quite get in SOR and RCG. They’re very spry. It’s crazy how many great bmups we have available to us this generation. Cheers!

limby-bee was a jerk.

roy130390

@bimmy-lee Glad to see that you are ok mate!

By the way, I just finished it. I won't spoil anything but I'm just gonna say that the wait was worth it. What a fantastic game!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic