Forums

Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge

Posts 201 to 220 of 334

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee 😒 way to rub it in man. What's next? You tell me you're playing tmnt on 3 switches simultaneously?!

NintendoByNature

Ryu_Niiyama

Playing on xbox for now as I want this physical but at this point I am going to table it until I get access to my arcade sticks. It’s that much fun.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Watchman

This game is great, but I think the meditation mechanic is a bit broken with anything more than 2 players.

Watchman

Gamer83

Played through it twice already and starting another. Love it, this is the TMNT release I've been waiting for since the end of the 16-bit era. The gameplay loop is phenomenal, feels exactly like a modern brawler should while staying true to the retro roots that inspired it. The visuals are great and that soundtrack, especially, is terrific. Another home run for Dotemu, which has quickly become my favorite publisher, and credit to Tribute Games, that studio really stepped it up with this release.

Gamer83

bimmy-lee

@roy130390 - Absolutely worth the wait. The story mode is nuts, haha! Pure arcade fun at its finest. The combat manages to be fairly unique as well. Reminds me a bit more of Scott Pilgrim than say, RCG, but the Turtles feel uniquely like the Turtles. I used Leo on my first play through yesterday, probably starting with Master Splinter tonight. I’m totally hooked, I’d love to take the whole roster through story mode. I wish there was a pop up combo finisher where the player remains on the ground. That’s my nitpick. That’s all I got.

@NintendoByNature - Wait’ll you see me play Shredder’s Revenge on one Switch while maneuvering through electric pink seaweed and dismantling bombs at the dam on another Switch. It’ll blow your mind. Bring on Cowabunga Collection!

@Gamer83 - Fully agreed, and I keep forgetting to mention the KILLER soundtrack. It rules and I’d buy it on vinyl.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Gamer83

@bimmy-lee
Nice. I still go physical for my games but music has been moved over to digital. Will probably purchase the entire digital album off Amazon at some point.

Gamer83

Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000 wrote:

Did this game get a day 1 update that fixed a crashing issue? I heard about that in some reviews...it's the only thing in Switch games that bother me, crashes. lol

(seriously, I've been wanting to love Civilization VI but apparently that game in general crashes constantly. xD apparently it's a DLC thing...)

Anyways yeah, I kinda want to get this, but at the same time Sunbreak is around the corner....no other game will exist for a while once that's out. >.<

Then again I don't think I'd be playing this constantly like with MH....and I also have about $10 in gold coins on the eShop...ugh, I hate decisions. lol

...Oki then. TwT

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

bimmy-lee

@Gamer83 - There’s a spot in the credits that says the soundtrack is available through Kid Katana records. Cheers.

@Joeynator3000 - Not sure what your question is, are you concerned about crashing? I didn’t experience that once in my first play through, and it wasn’t mentioned in the review here on NL. The review here mentioned some audio bugs, which I also didn’t notice, but haven’t played with headphones yet. The game is what it is; an over the top arcade beat em up meant for repeated play throughs. If you play the story mode one time, you’re looking at about 2.5 hours of content.

Edit - I didn’t mean that to sound rude, it’s just a pretty simple game. If you don’t care for bmups and/or the Turtles, you might wonder what the fuss is all about.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

Joeynator3000

The review did say stuff about crashes though...or it did in the video, anyways.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Zuljaras

I knew that the game will be awesome ... now I only have to patiently wait for the physical edition to arrive ... probably months from now

Magician

Unsurprisingly, Shredder's Revenge is #1 on Amazon in Murica.
https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Shredders...

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Clyde_Radcliffe

Is it lag free online? I can't find any info in reviews unfortunately

Clyde_Radcliffe

bimmy-lee

Buy digital AND physical and really show them that we want nine more games this year!

@Joeynator3000 - Yeah, it could have been on the video review, I didn’t watch. I barely needed the written review to buy it. I have 3-3.5 hours in with no issues. I checked my version, and it’s 1.0.1. I preloaded Wednesday and launched it Thursday without an update occurring.

@Zuljaras - It’s well worth the wait. Dotemu did a lot of balancing and tweaking to SoR4 over a couple of big updates, so all the people waiting on physical should probably hope the card is a long way out so it contains the final, final product.

limby-bee was a jerk.

OorWullie

I wish the Cowabunga Collection released yesterday and this came later. I really want to play this but I'd like to have some fun with the originals first. I think I've only ever played the arcade and perhaps one of the NES ones.

Really tempted to just get it now. It wouldn't be so bad if we knew when the collection was coming.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

NintendoByNature

@OorWullie I actually kinda agree too. The CC would've been a nice appetizer even though I don't have my hands on SR yet! Either way, I would've like to replay all the classics first before SR. I have CC on pre-order but I dk when it's showing up obviously. Knowing LRG, I might be playing that before SR.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Joeynator3000

...Why did I choose medium difficulty? I was never good at these games. >_>

Also yeah I wanted to try multiplayer for one level and...game crashed on me. Maybe I'm just super unlucky...

Anyways yeah...controls are going to take me some time. Again, should've went with easy, I may end up restarting the Story mode. lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

roy130390

@bimmy-lee I saw you playing and thought about sending you a co-op invitation but since I didn't know how much you advanced at the time I didn't wanted to spoil the surprise of the last levels. Glad to see that you are enjoying it as much as I am mate, the wait felt really long haha.

@Joeynator3000 The turtles get considerably stronger quite fast in story mode and you can replay levels to level up. You'll also unlock stronger moves so don't sweat it if some levels give you some trouble specially at the beginning. There's crashes, mostly on multiplayer and it does seem to happen with certain stuff like when leaving parties and joining others. Aside from that the experience has been quite good for me and they are probably working on that.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Zuljaras

@bimmy-lee I bet it is worth it. I've just watched the animated intro of the game and I got goosebumps

I have an awesome idea for a Donatello + Raphael sculpture as well

Edited on by Zuljaras

bimmy-lee

@roy130390 - I’ve been kinda obsessing over it and every time I’m playing, you’re either already playing or log on while I’m playing, haha! It’s such a delight when a piece of media you’ve been anticipating not only meets expectations, but crashes through them and leaves you giddy. I’ve been through story mode once. The last few levels are incredible. I’m working on it again with my wife, we got to level 10 last night. I got about that far in arcade mode with my kids as well. After we finish our story mode run tonight, I’ll be open for some online multi. Is that where you’ve gotten crashes? It’s the only mode I haven’t played and haven’t had a crash yet in solo and local multi.

@Zuljaras - Ah, the wheels have been set in motion on the next masterpiece then. Only thing better than one Turtle is TWO Turtles. Be sure to let us know when you update your progress, I look forward to seeing it.

@Joeynator3000 - There’s no shame in playing on easy. Go for it, just as long as you enjoy your investment. Agreed with everything Roy said, and I’ll add a few tidbits. A couple general bmup tricks are to always be working on crowd control, take out higher level bads first (especially projectile bads), and try not to focus directly on your character. Try to see the entire screen and make note of the bad’s tells. Each variety of bad does the same thing every time.

For this game specifically, make good use of the dodge roll, it’s invincible and cancels out of combos. Always meditate between screens and max out your special meter. There’s also a pretty simple combo that will get you all the way through the game: strike x 4, pop up (strike + jump), jump kick, land, strike x 4... and so on. Some of the bosses are pattern recognition, and some should simply be brutalized. If you’re struggling with finesse, try just beating the crap out of them at the expense of your own health bar. Mostly, just have fun!

limby-bee was a jerk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic