Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 8,561 to 8,580 of 11,400

Magician

In case anyone missed the memo, the release of Abzu from SRG is a singular release and not part of the next bundle of three.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Monkeido

@Magician Any chance you could tell me if Star Renegades is worth owning at this point? I saw a lot of comments saying the performance is pretty poor on Switch. The game itself looks great to me though, so I'm definitely tempted to buy it.

Edited on by Monkeido

Monkeido

Magician

@Monkeido

My order for the Japanese version will be in my hands early next month.

I won't be able to answer your question until then.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Paraka

@Monkeido - Early release had some weird bugs with special effects and shutting down the FPS to like 10.

It was presumably patched out. The physical should likely have that later build by now.

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

Aurumonado

Does anyone know if the Japanese version of Famicom Detective Club will support english?

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/HalcyonInkAndImage?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

Switch Friend Code: SW-7763-4930-1410 | Nintendo Network ID: Aurumonado | Twitter:

Magician

@Aurumonado

Unfortunately, it does not support English.

RupeeClock

Numskull are holding a presentation at 5pm UK time, about 5 hours from this post.

I'm expecting they'll give a release date for Clive n Wrench during the presentation, which has had physical pre-orders open for a long time now.
They'll also apparently show off two other games, which will probably be physical release candidates.

RupeeClock

Magician

RupeeClock wrote:

Numskull are holding a presentation at 5pm UK time, about 5 hours from this post.

Outside of their partnership with PM Studios and Mages, I genuinely like their choices of which indie games to publish physically. My order for Battle Axe from them should be arriving sometime next month. Anywho, there are several digital-only games that deserve a physical release, so we'll see what they've decided on. Should be interesting.

Edited on by Magician

Belexes

UNTO THE END announced from Red Art. 2,800 copies.

Edited on by Belexes

Belexes

Miadaskate

Belexes wrote:

UNTO THE END announced from Red Art. 2,800 copies.

Beat me to it!

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

RupeeClock

@Belexes
UNTO THE END doesn't look half-bad, but not the sort of game I'd enjoy playing.
Looks like a stronger entry in Red Art's catalogue though.

RupeeClock

Belexes

@RupeeClock This may be one I pick up, but won't be in a big hurry as their releases rarely sell out. This is just the 4th title from them I will have purchased.

Belexes

RupeeClock

@Belexes
I've only ordered from Red Art games twice, a single order for Xeodrifter, and a bundle order that includes Neurovoider, Hover, Demetrios & Xexon Valkyrie, Vectronom, and Hardcore Mecha.

As you say their releases rarely sell out, to the point they hold sales to try and clear stock. Something you just don't see with other boutiques.

RupeeClock

Magician

Unto the End from RAG? Pretty cool. I'd mark that as back-to-back solid choices after Double Kick Heroes. Perhaps not amazing, but a step in the right direction after Iron Wings and Suicide Guy Collection. Anywho, I figure a Switch physical for Sturmfront is right around the corner.

RupeeClock

The Numskull Games presentation revealed two new games, Gearshifters, and Treasures of the Aegean.
http://numskullgames.com/project/gearshifters/
http://numskullgames.com/project/treasures-of-the-aegean/

Gearshifters can best be described as a mixture of a top-down racer and scrolling (horizontal) shooter, my initial impression was that it reminded me of the vintage SpyHunter arcade games.
Treasures of the Aegean is a sidescrolling platformer adventure with timeloop mechanics revolving a historical mystery and a ticking-clock, with a comic book style aesthetic.

Meanwhile, Clive n Wrench was given a spotlight and provided a developer showcase of what the game will be like along with the places you'll visit, and a little bit about Trowzer's cameo from the Yooka-Laylee series. Despite that, no release date was given, though they promise further updates through 2021.
The game looks like it'll be pretty fun, if the visuals maybe being a bit lacking with I think room for improvement on the lighting effects in spots. That can be forgiven though.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - I am desperate for more 3D platformers, honestly. Been let down bigly by the recent outing of Balan Wonderworld, and Gear for Breafast's new game isn't looking too appealing either.

Though, I wish so many weren't trying to ride the legacy of the "buddy platformer" B-K managed to carve out.

Paraka

Magician

@Paraka

If you're searching for quality 3D platformers, I've heard great things about Super Lucky's Tale and A Hat in Time. It's a shame the physical for both have severe post-patching, so I never bothered adding them to the collection.

Edited on by Magician

Paraka

@Magician - I have and beaten both. Part of the collector mantra, gotta focus on what I really love first and foremost.

I do think I will revisit Ty eventually though. Just want some new ones.

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic