Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 8,541 to 8,560 of 11,393

SpaceAce13

Strictly Limited just announced that preorders for Star Renegades are live now on the SLG partner page. 2,500 each of the standard and collectors editions. Instant pre-order for me. Absolutely stunning looking turn based strategy game with what looks like a very cool story

SpaceAce13

Magician

@SpaceAce13

And here I only recently placed an order for a Japanese copy of Star Renegades.

Oh well, I'm sure the SLG CE will be quite nice.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Miadaskate

Just to re-confirm, Super Rare’s 50th release will be Abzu.

3,000 standard copies
2,000 steelbook copies

April 29th

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Miadaskate

RupeeClock wrote:

The date for its release, and even the announcement date was confirmed last week in a Nintendrew video.
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/switch_ph...

But I think this is the first we're hearing of the Steelbook edition.

Hence, why I wrote, “re-confirm”. 😉

Currently Playing :

Magician

It took a while, but Monster Hunter Stories 2 is finally up on AmazonNA.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0939SGP51

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Miadaskate

Limited Run put up a trailer for Save Me Mr. Tako Definitive Edition. Appears it’s only on eshop. I’d assume if it were to get a physical, it would be through Nicalis...

Is Limited Run publishing eshop titles a new thing, or ?

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

RupeeClock

@Miadaskate
Actually no, Limited Run Games have helped publish a couple of games digitally.
They also funded the development for Vitamin Connection.
LRG will of course release a physical version of Save Me Mr. Tako Definitive Edition in the near future.

The story behind that game is that Nicalis helped with the digital publication, but being the crappy company that they are, don't support the developers that don't break it big and refuse to support them on things like getting updates running.
The developer had a number of updates planned to get the game into a better state but Nicalis would not budge to help them. Eventually their agreement felt through and the rights for the game fell back to them, but with that version of the game being pulled from the eShop.
Similar happened with Ludosity and their game Ittle Dew 2+, they ended up self re-publishing the game digitally, and if you have a physical copy from Nicalis it won't be up to date with things like performance improvements and bug fixes.
If you already own the original release of Save Me Mr. Tako, you'll have to re-purchase the LRG published Definitive Edition to get the updates as it'll be treated as a separate title. I enjoyed my time with the game but it needed updates to resolve some of my issues with it, particularly how long-winded it got and I just completely lost track of how to even progress the game due to its unusual "level based but not really with towns" structure.

Aside from that, I just had an onslaught of shipping soon notifications from LRG for six different games, including the GBC version of Shantae,

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - Got a bunch of notifications as well. Which is curious, may be a new approach to inform consumers.

Paraka

Magician

@Ralizah

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles is up on AmazonNA.

Shot up to #1 on the Switch preorder top-100 no less, the hype is real.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09341VH7D

P.S. - And your next Gamestop exclusive is...Chicken Police?

Don't scoff, it holds a 93% recommendation on Opencritic.
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/games/pr...

https://opencritic.com/game/10475/chicken-police

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

@Magician
I didn't know Gamestop did exclusive physical releases.

For Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, I'm waiting for an EU listing or for 365Games to put up orders for the US release.
This is Capcom though so as usual they're giving the EU region the shaft, they do this with a lot of their smaller titles like Mega Man games.

RupeeClock

Belexes

@RupeeClock GS exclusives haven't been all that great (Ghostbusters being the one standout) and although they start out as exclusives, other retailers eventually distribute at some point.

Belexes

Magician

@Belexes @RupeeClock

Bendy and the Ink Machine as well as Trine 1-3 are the standout GS exclusives. Trine 1-3 especially considering the Trine "Ultimate" version Modus published were just download codes for those games. Ghostbusters and Let's Sing Country were originally European releases GS picked up distribution rights for. And they also published Has-Been-Heroes, but I think that's the worst game Frozenbyte ever made, so meh.

Edited on by Magician

Miadaskate

OddWorld collection coming to Switch in May. Has 3 titles, New & Tasty, Munich’s Odyssey, and a third game...Stranger’s Wrath maybe? Not really my thing but figured I’d share. All on 1 cart.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Paraka

@Miadaskate - Can confirm is Stranger's Wrath, shop4 had it previewed some time ago.

And likely the bugs are flattened in-cart too.

Paraka

Miadaskate

Paraka wrote:

@Miadaskate - Can confirm is Stranger's Wrath, shop4 had it previewed some time ago.

And likely the bugs are flattened in-cart too.

Thanks!!!

Currently Playing :

RupeeClock

NGDev are teasing physical sales of Razion EX.

It'll go on sale through www.ngdevdirect.com
If you previously shopped their site trying to place orders for Gunlord X, you'll be pleased to know they've launched a new site for a smoother shopping experience.

RupeeClock

Magician

RupeeClock wrote:

NGDev are teasing physical sales of Razion EX.

It'll go on sale through www.ngdevdirect.com
If you previously shopped their site trying to place orders for Gunlord X, you'll be pleased to know they've launched a new site for a smoother shopping experience.

Now that's some dope news right there, I'm down 100%.

You can see how Blazing Star inspired Razion.

Hope I'm fortunate enough to score a standard copy as I did with Gunlord X.

Miadaskate

If you’ve been wondering on the status of What The Golf, iam8bit has just provided some info from the devs, who are adding in a bunch of stuff to the game and making sure everything is included in the physical release. New content, new menu, bug fixes, etc...

Could be a few more months.

Currently Playing :

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic