Forums

Topic: Switch 2018 is going to be the Dust Collecter

Posts 101 to 120 of 239

1UP_MARIO

@MFD well I have other consoles and have 4 kids so am busy.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Filth_Element

@StuTwo lol I don't think that could replace Rascal...

Some of Mario Odyssey is seriously giving heart palpitations.... that plumber is trying to kill me!

Filth_Element

Personally I'm happy with my purchase so far the games so far have justified the purchase but I am waiting for something good to be announced this year. Bayonetta is appreciated but I want more! Lol

Some of Mario Odyssey is seriously giving heart palpitations.... that plumber is trying to kill me!

kkslider5552000

Inertiacreep wrote:

that doesn't change the fact that this year looks lame until they announce something.

yes, but "this year looks lame until E3 at latest" doesn't actually matter outside of the fact that they don't have one 2018 title confirmed on the level of at least Splatoon 2 (though I could almost see Labo being that successful). I mean literally just one, wouldn't even need two tbh. I mean, unless this is the only time people will ever look at upcoming Nintendo Switch games exclusives. Or your opinion of a console revolves exclusively on a random 5 month period of what exclusives it has.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

StuTwo

@Filth_Element just wait until you see how good ‘Nintendogs + cats + ferrets’ looks in HD though. It’s destined to climb up the inside of your trouser legs right into your heart.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Filth_Element

@StuTwo hahaha those pesky ferrets

19Robb92

For you maybe, I can barely keep up with new releases.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

electrolite77

@MFD

Of course people use portability as a justification for buying ports they want. If they use the portability why would they not?

And why do you feel like 'A fool' for supporting Wii U? You got to play the ported games first. Certainly doesn't bother me anyway. Same as it didn't bother me as a PS3 owner when TLOU came out on PS4, or as an OG Xbox owner when Halo got remastered for 360 and then XB1. I couldn't care less.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Haru17

"How to take the bait 101."

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

kkslider5552000

"Man as a Dreamcast owner, it sure does suck that these great games got ported elsewhere. It would be better if no one else played these games" - no one ever

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Kuhang

Too bad for you mate. You should just sell Your Switch rather than have it collect dust. It's not for you if you think there's no game coming in 2018 that are not ports, or maybe you're just ignorant? And maybe buy an Xbox One? It's got lots of exclusive games coming out in 2018. Good luck.

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

Pluto14

Why does @mowerdude get so much hate? It shouldn't take too long for someone to realise that the Switch doesn't have much to offer if you have had a Wii U and/or you have the possibility to play indie games on other gaming platforms.

I haven't bought a Switch yet. Why? Part of it is just my taste in games (I don't really like RPG's, especially JRPG's) but the Switch just doesn't have that many games that offer a new experience (I don't really know how to express that thought).

Here's a list with all the big exclusive games that you can already play/play in 2018, together with my thoughts:

• Zelda BOTW (have this on WiiU)
  • Mario Kart 8 deluxe (have this on WiiU, imo the battle mode isn't worth a second buy)
  • Splatoon 2 (maybe I'm just very ignorant, but imo Splatoon 1 and 2 have as much difference in gameplay as two 'different COD games')
  • ARMS (meh, not really interested but it is original)
  • Mario Odyssey (I would love to play this game)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (not interested)
  • Bayonetta 2 (Port)
  • Kirby Star Allies (not a system seller but looks very neat)
  • DKC:TF (Port)
  • Mario Tennis Aces (not really interested, I'm always reluctant to buy sports games because they always seem to repetitive for me)
  • Hyrule Warriors (Port)
  • Fire Emblem (not interested)
  • Yoshi (Maybe I'm just ignorant again, but imo I'm not the target audience for this)
  • Bayonetta 3 (looks cool, but I don't think that it'll come out in 2018)
  • Pokémon (never going to come out in 2018)
  • Metroid Prime 4 (never going to come out in 2018)

So to summarise, if you're in the same situation as me where you've played the WiiU regularly and you don't like RPG, the Switch only has Mario Odyssey, Kirby, Yoshi, and Mario Tennis Aces. 3 of which are platformers. I really don't see how this topic could be bait. How can so many people on Nintendo Life claim that they can't keep up with Switch games?!

Pluto14

LuckyLand

@Pluto14 if you have played Wii U regularly of course that means you liked the Wii U. Do you realize that most of the population on this planet have never been in the same situation as you? Do you understand that many people were just disappointed and dissatisfied by it as a console? Do you understand that if Switch sales are so good is because people are excited for the features of the console itself, that the MANY people who bought it at launch and soon after its launch were excited about it as a console much more than they were excited about the possibility to play a game that was also available on the previous console?

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

GoldenGamer88

@Pluto14 I‘ve always been one to claim if you like the hardware, you‘re more likely to buy more games for that hardware. Games some of which you hadn’t even previously considered buying. And people simply like or even love their Switches. I love my Switch, it‘s my favorite console ever. I hated WiiU, I very reluctantly played on it (almost as much as on Xbox One). The ability to move from tv to handheld play in a moment‘s notice and be able to put the system to Sleep Mode and returning from it in seconds without losing a single bit of progress are two reasons why I love it so much. I buy the WiiU ports because they were great games on WiiU, the system was just a nightmare to work with. I bought a few indies on WiiU, 3DS and PS4 but I‘ve heard great things about a lot more of them and thus, decided to give those a go on Switch (Teslagrad, Mutant Mudds, Axiom Verge, ...).

Obviously, I can‘t speak for everyone on here but I can imagine some feel similarly in at least some of the points I described.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

skywake

Pluto14 wrote:

Here's a list with all the big exclusive games that you can already play/play in 2018, together with my thoughts:

And here's mine

• Zelda BOTW (got it on Switch)
  • Mario Kart 8 deluxe (have this on WiiU, got it again for portability)
  • Splatoon 2 (played it enough on WiiU not to be that interested in the sequel)
  • ARMS (Fantastic game)
  • Mario Odyssey (Fantastic game, almost worth getting the system just for this)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (not interested)
  • Bayonetta 2 (One of my favourite games on Wii U and am tempted to play it again)
  • Kirby Star Allies (Not my sort of thing but looks ok)
  • DKC:TF (I don't care that it's a port, will get it again because I love the DKC series)
  • Mario Tennis Aces (Looks ok, will wait for reviews)
  • Hyrule Warriors (skipped it on Wii U, still not interested. Same with FE Warriors)
  • Fire Emblem (not interested)
  • Yoshi (It doesn't look that compelling)
  • Bayonetta 3 (I can't not get this)
  • Pokémon (Very likely to come out in 2018, am very interested in a HD Pokemon)
  • Metroid Prime 4 (I love the idea of enjoying Metroid so I will get it but... I probably won't beat it)
  • Rocket League (Already had it on PC, am very happy to have a portable version)
  • Fast Racing RMX (Got Fast Racing Neo on Wii U, am very happy to have a portable version)
  • Super Meat Boy (Have had it on PC for years, am very happy to have a portable version)

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

LzWinky

Haru17 wrote:

"How to take the bait 101."

Untitled

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MFD

@1UP_MARIO Then it figures

@electrolite77 Because if I didn't buy Wii-U, I wouldn't have as much of a dry spell atm.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

Hallonblad

Pluto14 wrote:

Why does @mowerdude get so much hate? It shouldn't take too long for someone to realise that the Switch doesn't have much to offer if you have had a Wii U and/or you have the possibility to play indie games on other gaming platforms.

I agree that no one deserves any "hate" for expressing an opinion, but if you chose to express it online then of course you must be prepared that others will express their opinions right back at you, and those will not always align with your own. This is something anyone above age 9 should have learned to deal with.

I haven't bought a Switch yet. Why? Part of it is just my taste in games (I don't really like RPG's, especially JRPG's) but the Switch just doesn't have that many games that offer a new experience (I don't really know how to express that thought).

The Switch doesn't have many games that offer a new experience for you. A lot of Switch owners didn't own a Wii U. A lot of Switch owners like (J)RPGs. When others tell you about the wonderful games they play on the Switch, just because it doesn't apply to you personally doesn't mean those games doesn't count. Clearly they are valid to other people, so if you don't want to be written off when expressing your feelings, don't do it to others.

• Zelda BOTW (have this on Switch and it is easily GOTY to me)
  • Mario Kart 8 deluxe (have this on Switch and even my mom plays this willingly, it's ridiculous!)
  • Splatoon 2 (didn't own Splatoon 1 so maybe my opinion isn't "valid," but this is far more fun than any shooter has a right to be)
  • ARMS (fun times and simple enough that I can play it even with my youngest brother (6 years old) without him getting frustrated and/or upset. Amazing game for that alone)
  • Mario Odyssey (got this for Christmas and... embarrassingly haven't taken the time to play it yet -hides in corner- Disgaea 5 takes all of the hours, it's not my fault!)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (looks interesting, don't have)
  • Bayonetta 2 (can't wait to get my hands on)
  • Kirby Star Allies (not a system seller but looks very neat)
  • DKC:TF (looks amazing, can't wait to get my hands on. Easy mode Funky Kong also gives me hope that my younger siblings might be able to play it as well- love that Nintendo is so family friendly)
  • Mario Tennis Aces (not really interested, sports games not usually my cup of tea. Looks pretty though, so I guess it will be enjoyable enough for those who like this sort of thing)
  • Hyrule Warriors (will get at some point, looks neat. Also, I always buy anything Zelda, so.)
  • Fire Emblem (obviously. It's FE, what else do you want? XD)
  • Yoshi (not a system seller but looks very neat)
  • Bayonetta 3 (gonna play first two first and see if I like them, but I have no reason to think I won't like this franchise)
  • Pokémon (duh. Is Pokémon, 'nough said. I think/hope it will come out Q4)
  • Metroid Prime 4 (probably not going to come out in 2018. Will give first born child and one lung for this game. Might throw in left leg (gf confirms it's a very nice leg) as well if it comes out 2018)

So to summarise, if you're in the same situation as me where you've played the WiiU regularly and you don't like RPG, the Switch only has Mario Odyssey, Kirby, Yoshi, and Mario Tennis Aces. 3 of which are platformers. I really don't see how this topic could be bait. How can so many people on Nintendo Life claim that they can't keep up with Switch games?!

If you didn't own the Wii U and enjoy RPGs it will indeed be difficult to keep up with Switch games. Not everyone is in your situation. If you cannot see the situation for others' perspective, why would they bother to listen to your side of things?

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

LzWinky

The Switch already outsold the Wii U. I hardly consider getting ports a negative point anymore.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MFD

@TheLZdragon Save for the people who have experienced those games already, and don't feel like double-dipping. As a Wii-U and multiplatform owner, the Switch's line-up, for me personally, is rather barren at the moment, and my personal tastes don't involve platformers anymore, slimming it down even further.

MFD

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.