Forums

Topic: Switch 2018 is going to be the Dust Collecter

Posts 1 to 20 of 239

mowerdude

My Nintendo Switch is going to be collecting more dust than my Wii U ever did. With all these ports of older Wii U games. I only own Mario Odyssey, Zelda Breath of the Wild, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe only for the real battle mode.

Glad I also own a PS4 for games that are actually not ports this year like God of War, The Last of US II, Red Dead Redemption 2, Days Gone, A Way Out, Monster Hunter Worlds, ETC.

As for the Switch what is coming out this year that isn't a port or a indie game?

Hopefully Nintendo will release a New 2d style Mario game.

Edited on by mowerdude

mowerdude

DTMOF84

Cool story bro. I'm sure there won't be a single new game announced at E3 this year for it. Might as watch mine collect dust too.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

MsJubilee

3 new titles and maybe more! Yoshi,Kirby and Mario Tennis to the 3 Wiiu ports. You're acting like the Switch is getting a thousand Wiiu ports. Don't know why. Also what's wrong with Indie games?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Luna_110

Cool. You should sell it since you're so sure its going to be accumulating dust. Or, y'know, you could wait since Nintendo has announced games to release on 2018 that aren't ports or indies, like Fire Emblem.

I still maintain that you should sell it.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

darkfenrir

Octopath Traveler is also ain't port... then again you might just say it's not counted because of the pixel style graphics xD

darkfenrir

kkslider5552000

Your loss, dude. Maybe give it to me if your spoiled *** can't enjoy games made by developers that don't have triple digit number of employees.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JLPick

E3 is coming closer than you think, and there's no telling what other games are in production or already complete that will come out, and that's just going by nintendo. I own a Switch too, and I'm not 100% happy with my purchase, but...aside from indie games or the e-shop download-only games...there's no telling what will come from other publishers either. I own a PS4 too, and the games that you listed are only a handful of what will actually come out on that too. Don't sell the Switch, unless you are completely dreading your purchase, but wait, the games will come, if not this year, then 2019 will probably be the better year for you. We all know that there will be the other franchises coming out for it, eventually. But, this year does hold Kirby, Yoshi (maybe), Metroid Prime 4 (maybe), Mario Tennis and who knows what else. I only own a few for the system, and sure, the system isn't played enough by myself (my wife plays it more), but there are games on it, and there will definitely be more...now that it's selling greatly, more companies will definitely arrive on it!

JLPick

Anti-Matter

mowerdude wrote:

My Nintendo Switch is going to be collecting more dust than my Wii U ever did. With all these ports of older Wii U games. I only own Mario Odyssey, Zelda Breath of the Wild, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe only for the real battle mode.

Glad I also own a PS4 for games that are actually not ports this year like God of War, The Last of US II, Red Dead Redemption 2, Days Gone, A Way Out, Monster Hunter Worlds, ETC.

As for the Switch what is coming out this year that isn't a port or a indie game?

Hopefully Nintendo will release a New 2d style Mario game.

Add more games.
There are TONS of Swirch games you can play.
And ports are really big deal for Switch.

Anti-Matter

mowerdude

@MsJubilee I will be picking up yoshi, but not the others, and there are more than 3 wii u ports on the switch than just 3 Hyrule Warriors, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Pokken Tournament DX, Bayonetta 1, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, etc. As for the indies I am burned out on them from playing alot of them on the Wii u like Shovel Knight, SteamWorld Dig, Mighty Switch Force Hyper Drive Edition, Trine 2, Gunman Clive HD Collection, Teslagrad, Lone Survivor The Director's Cut, The Cave, Guacamelee, ETC.

@Luna_110 Why should I sell it? Is it because I will let it just collect dust until there is a game that will finally come out? As for Fire Emblem don't care for it never have, but look forward to Prime 4, and hopefully nintendo will release a 2d mario game this year.

@subpopz Whats so funny about that when I didn't want it in someone elses thread? I didn't say those's games didn't exist and yes not everyone is going to be interested in the same games. It's good for the other people that maybe interested those's games, but my Switch will collect dust. Until nintendo announces a game that I am interested in.

Actually I did look into the system and that is the reason I purchase a Switch was to play Nintendo Games like Mario Odyssey, Zelda Breath of the Wild, and Mario Kart 8 Battle Mode. So no I will not be selling it.

@8-Bit_Superman That's so cool Bro. You both had the same Idea. Give you a Cookie.

@darkfenrir No Really into Turn-Base RPG's but I might download the demo and check it out.

mowerdude

mowerdude

JLPick wrote:

E3 is coming closer than you think, and there's no telling what other games are in production or already complete that will come out, and that's just going by nintendo. I own a Switch too, and I'm not 100% happy with my purchase, but...aside from indie games or the e-shop download-only games...there's no telling what will come from other publishers either. I own a PS4 too, and the games that you listed are only a handful of what will actually come out on that too. Don't sell the Switch, unless you are completely dreading your purchase, but wait, the games will come, if not this year, then 2019 will probably be the better year for you. We all know that there will be the other franchises coming out for it, eventually. But, this year does hold Kirby, Yoshi (maybe), Metroid Prime 4 (maybe), Mario Tennis and who knows what else. I only own a few for the system, and sure, the system isn't played enough by myself (my wife plays it more), but there are games on it, and there will definitely be more...now that it's selling greatly, more companies will definitely arrive on it!

Yeah I don't plan on selling don't really get all the fan-boy complaining and telling me to sell it. I will pickup yoshi and prime 4 if released this year and bayonetta 3 and hopefully Nintendo will release a new 2d mario game this year.

mowerdude

Aozz101x

There is (and none of these are ports): (First Parties)
Kirby: Star Allies (due in March)
Nintendo Labo (doesn't seem like your type of game)
Metroid Prime 4 (you already mention that)
Yoshi (you already mention that)
The New Pokemon
The New Fire Emblem
Bayonetta 3
Mario Tennis Aces

we still dom't know what else Nintendo is doing. they could surprised us at A Nintendo Direct (if their is one) and E3.

This remind me of last year. where people were saying Nintendo didnt had enough games, than E3 came last year and shock the whole world. who knows what Nintendo is doing. they could be working on a New Animal Crossing, a New Mario Kart, New IPs. etc.

As for ports. The only ones that I care is Hyrule Warriors, and DKCTF (but, I may just get the Wii U version)

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Inertiacreep

The thing is Nintendo wants to talk about all these switches they're selling and all these records they're breaking, so you have all these people potentially wanting to buy a switch, looking to see what's coming out this year and it looks like jack.

Inertiacreep

skywake

Inertiacreep wrote:

The thing is Nintendo wants to talk about all these switches they're selling and all these records they're breaking, so you have all these people potentially wanting to buy a switch, looking to see what's coming out this year and it looks like jack.

Except that they've already sold more than the Wii U. Even if we assume that most Wii U owners will get the Switch the majority of Switch owners won't have owned a Wii U by mid this year if not already. So in our little bubble there is something to be said for the whine about not being interested in buying Bayonetta 2 again. But for people wanting to buy the Switch this year, statistically, that's a brand new release.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

faint

@mowerdude The reason why people are telling you to sell it might be related to whatever made you think it was important enough to you to create this thread.

On a side note may I borrow your crystal ball?

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

noobish_hat

Not really worth a thread if you're such a picky gamer. If you're only interested in such a narrow range of games (dismissing ALL indie games lol), then why do you seem so surprised that there is little for you (enough to make a post AND a separate thread to announce it)? No one cares. This is literally relevant only to you.

noobish_hat

StephenYap3

To each their own. 2018 is looking to being something for the Switch for me, even though it isn't 2017. Stuff I'm picking up for my Switch so far are (but not limited to)...

Kirby Star Allies
Atelier Lydie & Suelle
Blade Strangers
Mega Man 11
Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 and 2
Mega Man X Collection
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
Dragon Quest Builders
Dragon Quest Builders 2
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Mario Tennis Aces
Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
Toy Con 2 - Robot Kit
My Time at Portia
Shovel Knight: King of Cards

StephenYap3

Inertiacreep

@skywake so what? nobody buys a new console just to be fed last gen crap.

Inertiacreep

StuTwo

@Inertiacreep like all consoles Switch will continue to sell on the back of its existing games. Odyssey, BoTW and MK8 will be the games that most new Switch owners pick up first in 2018.

In general though I expect some exciting games for the second half of the year but - given the video games bubble on the internet has the memory of a goldfish why should they show their hand for Autumn in January?

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

kkslider5552000

Inertiacreep wrote:

so what? nobody buys a new console just to be fed last gen crap.

I would assume both Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe disprove this.

GTA 5 on the other two consoles as well.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.