Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,101 to 3,120 of 4,508

SKTTR

I have won 9 times in a row in Spectator Mode and earned 15.000+ points. Where can I exchange them?

Also, just like Joker, Hero got 13 new spirits. Could be a pattern.
Joker got 2 Fighter Spirits and 11 Spirit Board Spirits = 13.
Hero got 4 Fighter Spirits, 7 Spirit Board Spirits, and 2 Evolvable Spirits = 13.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

HobbitGamer

@SKTTR When you enter spectator mode, I think it’s the upper right corner for the ‘shop’. I think the button is X

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Matthew010

Are we expecting any Smash announcements tonight after EVO or is it too soon since The Hero released?

Matthew010

HobbitGamer

@Matthew010 Probably too soon, unless they’re going announce additional stuff to come with Banjo. I’m assuming we’re gonna have to wait till October for the Bear and Bird ☹️

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Matthew010

@HobbitGamer Yeah, I'm really looking forward to seieing Banjo's moveset - he could be the first DLC character I buy. Although they look interesting, I'm not willing to buy Joker and Hero. If I pick up the Fighters Pass, it will only be if the 4th and 5th characters look good.

On a separate note, is Twitch the only place to watch EVO or is it live-streamed on YouTube?

Matthew010

link3710

I'm gonna throw it out there since people were talking about potential Bandai-Namco reps, Agumon still has a viable chance of being one of the two remaining reps. Digimon started as video games, is well known, has representation on Switch already, and they could get a lot of mileage out of Pikachu vs. Agumon being a thing.

Otherwise, I'd prefer King (Tekken), Lloyd (Tales) or Kilik (Soul Calibur), which are probably far more likely of course.

link3710

GuruOfGreatness

33 years old, 29 years gaming and Smash Bros has been a part of the gaming scene for what, 20/21 years of that?! All this time, all these iterations and I just could NOT get into Smash no matter how hard I tried, and no matter how much I wanted to..........until now Ultimate is here.

Got it for Christmas 2018, and have put 20 hours in so far (that's a lot for me as I don't have time to game an awful lot, plus I get distracted with other games). Finallllllllllly I see the magic, I get the magic, and I get the "one more match" mentality.

I've owned every iteration of Smash, but like I said, could never get into it.

N64 Smash=I had never been so excited for a fighting game in my life. Finally got it (after I had spent hours playing PowerStone), and had never felt so let down by a Nintendo game. I thought it was slow, no options, and just, boring Took it back and got my money back.

GameCube Smash=I thought I was excited about the original, but after seeing how amazing the sequel looked, I just thought "wow, I'm never playing another fighting game again, this looks amazing". Bought it, and tried so, so, so hard to like it, but just couldn't. Felt angry (with myself) as well as let down this time, as I couldn't understand why I wasn't enjoying the game. Took it back, got my money back.

Wii Smash=Bought on a whim for quite cheap in a sale, convinced that this would be the one I loved, as it was supposed to be easier than the GameCube version, and knowing how the Wii was producing games for casual gamers, I figured even I could understand and enjoy this version; no such luck, so back it went to the shop with my money back.

Wii U Smash=Bought on launch day, thought it looked like one of the Wii U's most beautiful, well designed and colourful games on the system (and it is/was), enjoyed myself a little with it, but eventually caved in with my heart and head and thought "just admit defeat, Smash games clearly aren't for me, I'm never going to understand the hype and love and addiction, just let other gamers love it". Did not trade or sell this version though, as I longed for a day when I would "get it" and enjoy the hell out of it like others, so it sits proudly with all my other Wii U games.

3DS Smash=Purely bought because someone was selling a brand new copy of it for just £7.00 (this wasback in early 2016), and thought why not, it was worth £21.00 trade in value back then. Played a bit, thought meh, on the 3DS shelf it went with all my other 3DS games.

Switch Smash=Caved in again with all the hype and got it for Christmas 2018. After a few hours over Christmas, I finally realised that I love this friggin game. But then along came no time for gaming, or different games, and it was forgotten about to some degree, but NOT unloved like the others. Popped it in my Switch again a few days ago, and I have now never had so much fine in 20 years with a Smash game. It's literally all I want to play every second I get. When my Switch ran out of battery the other day, I popped the 3DS version in for the first time in about 2 years, and I absolutely friggin love it as well. Can't get enough of that version now either. the only thing that bothers me is knackering my circle pad on the 3DS. Think I will pop the Wii U version in when I get a chance to now as well and see what that's all about. Loving all the Smash so much I am currently starting to look for an N64, GameCube and Wii version of the game. Shame I took them all back really as it's not looking like it's going to be cheap to get the retro ones. It's a little heartbreaking, but I do now genuinely beleive that Smash has replaced PowerStone 1 and 2 and Fighters Megamix as my all time favourite fighting franchise. Infact, 20 hours in on Switch, 10 hours on 3DS, and I think it may slowly becoming one of my favourite gaming franchises full stop.

GuruOfGreatness

HobbitGamer

@GuruOfGreatness That’s pretty cool. Kudos to you on continuing to give something a try just in case it clicked. No that it finally did, it sounds like you got a huge payoff. I just did the same for Fire Emblem.
Now the real question is; Who is your favorite fighter? 😂

#MudStrongs

GuruOfGreatness

@HobbitGamer

Fire Emblem is one I've never played full stop, unless you count Fire Emblem Warriors (got that for 3DS and Switch as I'm a sucker for all Warriors games).

Favourite Smash fighter(s) has to go to Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Link and Hero (had gold coins to spend and finally cashed some in today by buying another fighter lol). Love sooooooo many of them, but there are a FEW I'm not overly keen on (yet) such as Wii Fit Trainer, Yoshi and any of the Pokemon ones.

GuruOfGreatness

TOUGHDUDE94

what about a SNK fighter and a fighter from Yokai watch

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

SKTTR

@andrew20:

SNK is a huge one. They made hundreds of good fighting games (more than any other company) for arcade and their own NeoGeo systems, including the top-tier series Samurai Shodown and The King of Fighters.
I love the idea of having someone from Samurai Shodown in there, either Haohmaru, the face of the series, or Nakoruru who got lots of coverage and popularity latetly with her cameo appearances.

But are they poular enough? The world knows Ryu and Ken, so what is next in line? Everything points towards Tekken. Heihachi is the iconic face of the series and he was already a Mii costume in Smash 4.
I personally don't like Tekken all that much and prefer a SoulCalibur or SNK character much more.

I guess Heihachi is blocking the way for other 3rd-party fighting game characters, the same way the DQ Hero was blocking other SquareEnix RPG characters like Crono and Geno from ever having a real chance in Smash. Nintendo's aiming for the greatest hits first. Obviously Dragon Quest Hero was going to be the next big 3rd-party RPG-rep after Cloud, and from that perspective, once Heihachi is out, it opens up the gates for Soulcalibur, and SNK, and maybe even Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct.

And Yo-Kai-Watch??? If LEVEL-5 ever gets a fighter into Smash the first one absolutely has to be Professor Layton.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Grumblevolcano

@SKTTR The DLC except Banjo so far have been promotional picks.

Joker -> Persona 5 Scramble (or you could argue Persona 5 Royal regarding outside the Nintendo system space)
DQ Hero -> Dragon Quest XI S

Now it's entirely possible that Banjo becomes a promotional pick too, but as of now there's nothing. I'd expect a Tekken 7 port for Switch if Heihachi was coming to Smash though.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Euler

Still needs a Galar ‘mon. The current Fighter Pass already has enough PlayStation characters I’ve never heard of.

Euler

TOUGHDUDE94

They need a second fighter pass also an echo fighter pass

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Grumblevolcano

Link's Awakening spirits from the E3 week spirit board event are now available normally.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Uncle_Franklin

Any results or anything forthcoming from the Heroes Vs Villains event?

Uncle_Franklin

Uncle_Franklin

So a really weird thing happened to me in an online arena.

I chose Dedede to fight, and the screen showed that was the character about to start the battle, but when it began I had Mario. Truly bizarre.

Uncle_Franklin

Toy_Link

So the UK version of Challenger Pack 4 has a SNK copyright notice, so it looks like the next character will be from one of SNK’s franchises. (I’m thinking it’ll either be Terry from KoF, Haohmura from SS, or one of the playable characters from the Metal Slug series).

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

farrow000

A big SNK game might be in the works as its their 40th year anniversary and could be mentioned in Nintendo's next direct. This could tie into Smash as a playable character and a nod to the company's history

farrow000

My Nintendo: SW-3219-1520-3721

Magician

@Galarian_Lassie @DarthNocturnal

Haohmaru is the face of the franchise, he'd be a good bet. But I thought I heard a rumor that the next addition was going to be female? Which why is Tracer from Overwatch was being heavily rumored. But the official Nintendo website says it's an SNK Corp character.

I think Nakoruru is the most popular SamSho female character? She might be the one.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic