Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Posts 161 to 180 of 692

Buizel

@Dezzy I imagine multiplayer will be as usual in the main game.

My impression from the trailer is that Bowser Jr may function as a second player as well - perhaps similar to how "co-op" worked in the Galaxy games.

At least 2'8".

Snatcher

Omg I'm so sleepy I'm heading back to bed.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

NintendoByNature

Yea im probably going to hold out until I hear more about the length and content of BF.

NintendoByNature

dionysos283

@NintendoByNature
Me too. I was not super impressed by the trailer. Looks like 1-2h experience. I need to know more about additions and improvements in this port.

dionysos283

MsJubilee

The "Expansion" looks like one big Odyssey level. Which I hope there's more to it.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Dezzy

dionysos283 wrote:

@NintendoByNature
Me too. I was not super impressed by the trailer. Looks like 1-2h experience.

2 hours would be pretty damn big as an expansion to a platformer. The main campaign is only like 10 hours long. I'm expecting 3 hours at the absolute most.

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Dezzy
So, Bowser Fury was the Final Aeon ?? 🤭

Yeah, and Mario's dad!

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

dionysos283

Dezzy wrote:

2 hours would be pretty damn big as an expansion to a platformer. The main campaign is only like 10 hours long. I'm expecting 3 hours at the absolute most.

Maybe.
But putting "+ Bowser's Fury" in the Title, instead of just calling it "Super Mario 3D World Deluxe", naturally raises expectations. The title makes it sound like there's a second game added to the base game. I at least want some more information about it, and about other additions / improvements.

dionysos283

Dezzy

@dionysos283

It was never gonna be a whole new game. Nintendo are incredibly consistent in their stingy pricing. If it was a whole game, they'd be selling it as a full price release by itself.

Nintendo just don't make things like The Master Chief Collection on Xbox, where they value for money is absolutely insane. They always just divide it up into different releases if it's worth that!

Edited on by Dezzy

VoidofLight

It looks really good! I just hope that Nintendo didn't spoil the whole thing in the trailer.. since the trailer itself shows off what seems to be the final boss of the mode. I'm hoping that there's at least one more world they didn't show off yet, and that the fight we saw wasn't the final fight.. but I feel like that's probably not the case.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jump

@VoidofLight I reckon the final boss wasn't shown, my money is on whatever cursed/transformed Bowser will be the final fight.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

@jump I really hope that's the case. It could always just be a powerup that's controlling him, and you break him free of that control after the fight, but I'm hoping there's so much more to it than just that.

Dezzy

They really should've used a different boss from Bowser, given that you beat him in the main game. Gonna feel a bit weird just having him reappear straight after that. Assuming you're a first timer and just play the expansion straight after 3D World.

Eel

We will likely have a cutscene explaining the what and why after we beat the main story.

It would be fun to see Bowser getting kidnapped in a similar way to how he kidnaps the fairies. Assuming this is him being controlled against his will... which considering his son is helping us, I’d say it’s possible.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

VoidofLight

One thing I saw online that interested me a bit was a theory about these cats seen in the trailer. People think these four cats could be Toad, Luigi, Peach, and Rosalina, but turned into cats. Giving Mario another reason to go to this place. But judging how they appear later in the trailer, it's probably more that they're just native life on the island, and what the cat suits are based on.

Edited on by VoidofLight

MarioVillager92

@VoidofLight Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, they're probably normal cats that live on the island. That is a good theory you came up with though. Kinda sounds like the story of Super Mario Bros. 3, where all the Mushroom World's kings are turned into animals and you gotta turn them back to normal.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

VoidofLight

@MarioLover92 I didn't really come up with the theory honestly. I just saw it pointed out on social media, when I was looking at the accounts I follow. But yeah, It could be either or. I'm leaning on the island's wild cats, since there seemed to be multiple in the gameplay trailer.

BongoBongo

In terms of gameplay - I noted from pausing during the trailer that the big bell thing that ultimately gives the Mariomax power up is seen in the background in earlier parts but covered with calamity style goo (the same stuff covering bowser). Presumably getting moons slowly uncovers the calamity goo - firstly to release mean mega bowser and then the bell.

Similarly - in the background at points are various lighthouses some of which have the calamity goo on them. I would guess that you also gradually unlock these in advance of the bowser showdown sections.

BongoBongo

Grumblevolcano

I'd guess despite being much smaller than a full game, Bowser's Fury is essentially the Switch's "Odyssey 2" and the next new mainline Mario game is on the Switch's successor.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic