Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Posts 141 to 160 of 692

Bolt_Strike

@Apportal Well no Wii U game cracked 10 million in sales, the highest seller is Mario Kart 8 with 8.45 million. So that's bad, but it's good by Wii U standards.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

porto

@Bolt_Strike True. I forgot the Wii U was this much of a flop.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Dezzy

Have they said the resolution for this? The Wii U version was 720p I think. It'd be great if they could get it up to 1080p

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

porto

I couldn't find anything doing a google search for it. It looks very high quality though so I'd guess 1080p @Dezzy

porto

link3710

@Dezzy The Wii U version was 720p60 without a single frame drop to be found, I remember that review from Digital Foundry. I think it's pretty safe to assume this game will be 1080p60 docked / 720p60 portable as a result, same as every other 720p60 Wii U port. Though, admittedly it duplicated the main view on the Wii U tablet instead of rendering something different, so perhaps there's a chance not?

link3710

Dezzy

@link3710

Bayonetta 2 wasn't 1080p. I don't know if it's safe to assume. 3D World is one of the best looking games on the Wii U. I hope they at least manage 900p though!

link3710

@Dezzy While that's true, Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U also had constant dropped frames. It ran more along the lines of 30-40fps for the most part. So having it run super smooth instead of going up to 1080p made sense for it. But 3D World already has a perfect frame rate. The only things they could do with the extra power are up the resolution or possibly add anti-aliasing.

I still suspect it will be 1080p, since all the games that ran at a true 720p60 on Switch have hit that mark, but I can't see it being below 900p.

link3710

porto

@Slowdive I pre-ordered it as well. Looks fun.

porto

Dezzy

@Slowdive

Where does it say that?

porto

@Slowdive I trust ya. That’s what happens when you make a good reputation with others

porto

Blooper987

@Slowdive I played and I can say it’s the only Mario game I’ve played that even comes close to SMW. Your wait will not be in vain. Best stinking 3D Mario our there!!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

porto

@Blooper987 Not the best, but highly underrated.

porto

porto

@Slowdive @Blooper987 I'm glad other people have an appreciation for 3D World. Compared to the likes of 64 or Galaxy it prevails, but as a co-op adventure game, it really shines. I love the short but sweet level design compared to Odyssey's expansive kingdoms for example.

porto

jump

The new trailer looks cool but has Bowser Jnr become a Navi style annoying sidekick now?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

link3710

@jump Given that he actually fights and doesn't seem to talk, I'd wager the answer is no.

link3710

Dezzy

Looks awesome. I'm curious if they've just ditched the local multiplayer though. This looked like something with full camera control, like Odyssey. Well you can't really have local multiplayer and also control the camera. Those are incompatible. Maybe it is a fixed camera that just intelligently follows you around depending on your location. That's sort of what Galaxy did.

Edited on by Dezzy

Snatcher

One of my favorite mario characters getting to shine in another video game, wouldn't it be cool if you could play as Bowser Jr.?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

PikaPhantom

Bowser's Fury looks great, definitely sold on picking the port up now

PikaPhantom

1UP_MARIO

@Dezzy multiplayer will be on 3d world. Bowsers fury looks like it’s all single player

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Dezzy

The Bowser boss really reminded me of the Jecht boss in FF10. Had the exact same music too:

Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic