Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Posts 181 to 200 of 692

VoidofLight

I think this is going to end up being longer than we think. I don't think it'll end up being a huge new game, but the world itself isn't just one single island. It looks to be a open ocean with multiple islands you can traverse, and the weird goop blocking the rest of the ocean. What's interesting, is that it seems that each island has it's own giant bell. Will there be multiple fights against giant bowser?

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

MarioVillager92

@VoidofLight Oops my bad, I guess I read your post too quickly. I tend to do that a lot...sorry about that.

And yeah that's where I'm leaning towards too. We only got like a 2 minute sneak peek so it could be anything at this point. lol

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Dezzy

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I'd guess despite being much smaller than a full game, Bowser's Fury is essentially the Switch's "Odyssey 2" and the next new mainline Mario game is on the Switch's successor.

It's over 3 years since Odyssey. I refuse to believe this took that whole team 3 years to make! Unless it ends up being huge. But I don't see that happening because Nintendo NEVER undercharges for their work.

I'm still betting they've been working on Odyssey 2 as well! We've probably got at least another 3 years of the Switch, so plenty of time for it.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

toiletduck

I'm really looking forward to this. I remember that looking at this game almost led me to buying a Wii U in the past when was not into gaming at all.

Even though I therefore don't really have the right to speak, I hope Bowser's Fury (seriously though, why isn't that spelled Furry??!!) is more 'extra variety content' than 'difficulty spike'. I'm gonna try to find a local friend to beat the game, and then the latter won't help.

Did I just see Mega Evolutions of Fur Mario and Bowser at ~2min? 😂

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

link3710

I think y'all claiming 2-3 hours are crazy. 20-30 minutes, an hour max is what I'd peg the expansion at.

link3710

kkslider5552000

I can't imagine a less likely scenario than "the extra mode to a 3D World port is what the 3D Mario team has been making for 3 years".

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Not quite, I think the main thing they've been working on is a game being saved for the launch year of the Switch's successor. Nintendo had an extremely strong Switch launch year but the cost of that was they pretty much abandoned the Wii U around 2 years before the Switch's launch.

So I think Nintendo will already be saving for the successor if it is launching in 2023 like the "barely halfway through the Switch's lifespan" comment Nintendo made in May 2020 suggests.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BongoBongo

@VoidofLight per my comment above - it looks like just the one central bell that you can see in the background in various shots - I think this gets slowly unlocked overtime. At the same time there are multiple lighthouses covered in goo which look like they get unlocked one by one

BongoBongo

VoidofLight

@BongoBongo That's not the case. I analyzed the shots from the trailer, and the snow island is further away from the main one. So there are at least two of those bells, if not more. There's no telling how many islands there are in the expansion.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

The thing they've been working on for the last 3 years? Will be saved for the Switch successor? Which will probably be over 3 years from now? So they're working like 7 years on a mario game?

I seriously doubt they're working on ANY games for their next console yet. The Switch is one of their most successful consoles ever, they're not gonna be in a hurry to transition to the next one. They're far more likely to have a Pro console that extends the generation as long as possible.

PikaPhantom

Even if Bowser's Fury is just an hour or so long, it looks like a ton of fun so I'll most likely be content with this new content

PikaPhantom

BongoBongo

@VoidofLight hmmm not sure what you mean by snow island? What’s the time reference for that

You can see the bell covered in goo in the distance early on in the trailer at 16 seconds and at 19 seconds, then close up at 27 seconds (on a White Island but not sure this is snow) - you can tell this is the same bell that gets unlocked and then provides super cat Mario later as it has the same gate and tree in close proximity to it

BongoBongo

BongoBongo

In terms of length - I think this will be bulked out by sublevels within the various lighthouses you can see in the distance. Some of which are covered in goo at a certain point in time and some of which aren’t. So presumably these get unlocked slowly and there are things to do within each - in the trailer you can see some stuff that seems to be indoors such as the boxing ring

BongoBongo

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy If Nintendo's comments in May 2020 are to be believed we are looking at around a March 2023 launch for the Switch's successor.

March 2017 to May 2020 = 3 years and 2 months

So May 2020 being barely half way (lifespan being just over 50% complete) through would mean around 6 years but less than 6 years 4 months (otherwise it would've been not even half way) for the Switch's lifespan which puts the likely launch of the successor to be around March 2023.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Guess that means Prime 4 has to show up in the next 2 years if it really does launch on Switch.

link3710

BongoBongo

This additional info confirms what I guessed above - there is one giga bell that you unlock through collecting shines/stars

Looks great and can't wait to play

BongoBongo

dionysos283

Now I'm not sure anymore, if Bowser's Fury will be even 1 hour long. I hope there will be other additions / improvements, they didn't talk about yet.

dionysos283

NintendoByNature

@Grumblevolcano this as least gave me more of an insight to what BF is. And now I'm intrigued 😛. Really need to decide between this and bravely default II now.

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

@dionysos283

It'll definitely be at least an hour. Look at how big it is! There's boss fights, as shown in the trailer, and possibly separate areas inside the light houses. Also, loads of 'hidden' collectibles you can see throughout the trailer, that clearly require a bit of thinking in order to reach.

I'm guessing about 1.5-2 hours to finish.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic