Forums

Topic: Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Posts 121 to 140 of 403

iLikeUrAttitude

I'm surprised how good Kirby's transition to 3D was.
The game looks really good and it makes me feel like it was always meant to be this way.
I find it surprising that it took this long to get a 3D kirby game.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Snatcher

@VoidofLight From what I heard so far, SA is overpriced.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

JaxonH

Kirby valiantly served us 2D platformers for the last 30 years.

But technology has advanced enough that even handheld Kirby is finally stepping into 3D. And given the mediocre reception of Star Allies, I'd sat it was the right call (although I'd still love a Planet Robobot sequel some day).

Switch is not only the best system Nintendo has ever released, it's library consistently boasts games best in series, or at the very least among the best in series. It's nice actually being excited for a Kirby game for a change.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

iLikeUrAttitude

@JaxonH Well I would argue that Kirby could've been made the leap to 3D decades ago, I guess they chose to do it now since the devs are confident to do it now since other games in the series like Planet Robobot, Kirby Air Ride, etc. set the blueprint for a fully fledged 3D game. As well as to freshen things up within the series.

I definitely agree with the latter statement of your comment; the switch has been putting out great games since launch of a lot of series that people would consider their favorites if not the best like Monster Hunter, SMT, Metroid, Xenoblade, and many more.
Though my favorite Nintendo system remains to be the 3Ds.

Edited on by iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

VoidofLight

@Snatcher It truly is.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Octane

@kkslider5552000 I liked the one on Wii U. Unique gameplay and visuals. 64 was the best in terms of mechanics. The rest are kinda boring. Epic Yarn had nice visuals, but the gameplay wasn't any different from any other Kirby game.

Octane

kkslider5552000

Octane wrote:

Epic Yarn had nice visuals, but the gameplay wasn't any different from any other Kirby game.

This is just a factually incorrect statement.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ralizah

Yoshi's Woolly World is what I wanted Kirby's Epic Yawn Yarn to be. The Yoshi game was a really satisfying platformer underneath the childish visuals, much like the SNES game it's the spiritual successor to. Epic Yarn, on the other hand, just felt like a game designed for small children.

Nothing about the new Kirby game blows me away so far, but it looks like it's going to be a beautiful, fun platformer nonetheless, and I'm happy to see it supports local co-op, as I can't wait to run through this with my Kirby-obsessed nephew.

Still, it's going to have to put in a bit of work to impress me more than Planet Robobot did, which is, to date, my favorite game in the series.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

RR529

I honestly think it looks great thematically/aesthetically. Star Allies was looked pretty but played it safe with standard plains, fire, beach, etc. themes, while it seems that the "post apocalyptic" bent in Forgotten Land is game wide & going to breath new life into those same tropes (similar to how Planet Robobot felt fresh by mechanizing everything).

The only thing that looks to have "standard" theming is the hub area (and the opening cutscenes). I don't think it'll have any sort of game wide gameplay twist (like the Robobot mech), but honestly I think the transition to 3D will be fresh enough (maybe there's changes to how long you can fly & other stuff like that).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Snatcher

@Ralizah I will not disagree that its so dead easy that its boring, but I just have too many memory's with it to dislike it, even tho when I did play the 3ds port (Demo) I was pretty bored.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

NinChocolate

You just have to indulge Kirby’s world. It has charm, solid mechanics and a few tricks here and there, but it’s not going to slap anyone with difficulty challenges. The regular enemies just lie down and most of the bosses you just spam. Always been that way always will be. But that’s okay because you’re Kirby, you’re overpowered and just looking for your next dessert. And you want to help Kirby get his desserts. You do.

NinChocolate

Fizza

CARBY CARBY CARBY

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Pirate1

Just notice this game has 2 player. I did a quick search of the forum and didn’t see anything mentioned. So… anyone seen or heard or have expectations on how this will work? Real 2 player or Mario odyssey 2 player (the hat didn’t really count, except for playing with young kid IMO)?

Pirate1

NinChocolate

Hey puffheads of the pink persuasion, it’s March and Kirby Christmas is nearly here. As promised here’s your advent calendar to countdown till Santa Dee comes

Untitled

Edited on by NinChocolate

NinChocolate

Helios26

@NinChocolate Haha great idea, mate. I can't wait for the game, thank you

Edited on by Helios26

FAVOURITE GAME: Super Mario Odyssey
FAVOURITE OST: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Fizza

@NinChocolate I completely forgot today was the first day of March.... why is this year going by so quick.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

....Playing Robobot for the first time now, might as well buy it digitally before Nintendo kills the eShop for 3DS. The new game has put me in a Kirby mood and for some reason I skipped out on the last 3DS game, so, yeah. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

FragRed

@NinChocolate I am impressed by the amount of effort you have put into this calendar! Incredible work!

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic