Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 901 to 920 of 5,067

BenAV

95 points ahead in a Clam Blitz rank up battle and I get a communication error and lose the game. Why does this seem to happen to me almost every single time I try to do a rank up battle when it almost never happens otherwise?

Edit: Won three consecutive games after the drop to take out the series 3-2. Only took seven tries but finally reached S.
Untitled

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

jump

After not playing 2 for ages I'm getting into the groove of 3 so I'm winning and ranking up but it feels a tad too much like playing 2 from the start again rather a new Splatoon.

I also wish I can put my own music instead of the game music. The game music is cool but it needs a lot more aggressive energy to it, some Machine Head, Bring Me the Horizon, Frank Carter or The Interrupters would suit me nicely!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

So what I can gather, the catalog is pretty much a free 100 tier battle pass and like the Splatoon 3 Direct said there's a new catalog every 3 months (ingame it shows the next Season starts on December 1st). I guess that suggests the other stuff teased in the Direct (2 maps, Rank X, League Battle) will drop on December 1st alongside the Season 2 catalog then as it's a common thing for the beginning of a season to have a big content drop.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HeroOfTime32

Hey guys...maybe I'm missing something...but where do you find/see the lockers? I know you can buy stuff for them from the catalog girl..but where are the actual lockers? Thanks!

HeroOfTime32

jump

@HeroOfTime32 You need to hit level 4 first and then they are in the lobby.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

WoomyNNYes

Should we have a separate thread for Salmon Run? Watch how the clumsy Dynamo was used for grillers at Spawning Grounds. Amazing tip. This CheWoomy youtuber has great Eggsecutive Salmon Run gameplay videos.

@Snakpop OHH, is this what you meant? There is a locker in Salmon Run lobby, but it's just for changing slopsuits. It's not the regular customizable locker. I don't think I would have figured this out! I just need 3 more scales for one, just don't know which color looks cooler, green or yellow? 🤔

@HeroOfTime32 After level 4, the wall behind the shell-out/capsule machine (in the lobby) is actually glass doors to the locker room. From a distance, the glass panels look opaque white-ish/gray-ish, but when you walk up closer the room behind the glass will render. It's kind of weird. Ater you reach level 4, the doors will automatically slide open for you to walk in.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Fizza

Whilst I'm nattering on about Gear loadouts and such, I may as well talk about a method I've discovered for getting lots of ability chunks very quickly.

• First, you're going to want to go to Salmon Run.
  • Then, get whatever your desired piece of gear that's currently in the monthly rotation (preferred main, sub slots, star power, etc.).
  • Finally, once you've nabbed that, whenever you get a new one by completing SR jobs, compare it to the one you currently have and, unless it has Main Ability you really want or a higher Star Power, exchange it for chunks (usually at a rate of 1-2 chunks per item grabbed).

Congratulations: you've just gotten infinite chunks for the entire month!

There's also a really good video I found that goes into far more detail on the regular methods of enhancing gear that I'll link here:

Couple all this with the infinitely scrubbable Splatfest Tee and you've got a easy combination on your hands to farm chunks for whatever gear you want changed!

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

SnackPop

@WoomyNNYes Dang. That's disappointing.

Speaking of disappointment, there appears to be some kind of nasty input delay in Salmon Run. The server can take 1+ seconds to properly processes actions such as picking up a golden egg. reviving a teammate, and even depositing an egg into the basket. 1 second doesn't sound bad in theory, but it does make or break those last ditch efforts to turn around a bad wave.

Retro gaming is too damn expensive.

BenAV

@SnackPop That happens to me occasionally on some runs but not very frequently. Most of the time there's no real noticeable lag for me in Salmon Run.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Octane

@Reprise The main problem is that they don't have dedicated servers for online play, only matchmaking. The online play itself is P2P, meaning that one of the players hosts the game. If they disconnect, the entire match is ended. If others disconnect, they just disappear, I've seen that plenty of times as well.

Octane

LinkxPeach

Splatoon 3 is the same as Splatoon 2. They added a few new special weapons, and maps. You can collect cards, and used new abilities in battles.

Nintendo 3DS’s friend code:
4012-5835-9928

Nintendo Switch’s friend code:
SW-0178-5632-1227

https://lxpgaming.blog/

StarPoint

@LinkxPeach ...Alright

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

JaxonH

Finished Xenoblade 3, and was going to go back to Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, but now Splatoon 3 is out, and the next title update for Sunbreak is 9 days away, so... may as well start playing some Splatoon 3 in the meantime.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

SnackPop

Are we only allowed to participate in King Salmonid waves when our own personal meter is full?

Retro gaming is too damn expensive.

LiNeR

@SnackPop In my experience, no. It has happened when my meter thing is not full.

Cartridges are temporary, Memories are forever

My Nintendo: LiNeR

WoomyNNYes

@LiNeR Really? Throughout the weekend, I watched King Salmonid meter, and I only got a king salmonid (like clockwork) when the meter is full and all three waves are cleared. This weekend, it happened just like that for the 3-4 times I got Cohozuna/King Salmonid. This weekend is the first time I've watched the King Samonid meter closely. Although, I'll admit, I don't know if there are other rules/factors that allow King Salmon at other times. Perhaps rank is another variable? I've been in Profreshional 0 to Profreshional 2 the whole time. (demoting won't allow me to go below Profreshional 0 aka Part-timer). Anyway, I was desperate to earn silver sclaes from King Salmon. So, I was grinding the heck out out Salmon Run this weekend. I really want a green or yellow slopsuit! I have 9 of the 10 needed silver scales. @SnackPop

***Side note: I discovered how to change weapons in the Salmon Run training room. If you walk over to the box against the wall, the box opens and allows you to change the weapons. Perhaps everyone else noticed this already? I hadn't.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Fizza

@SnackPop I was about to ask the same thing because I had something weird happen to me on my first King Salmonid run: I managed to get it to appear when my bar was only nearly full and not full (about one shift away to be clear). It's never happened since and I'm wondering whether it was just a launch bug or not. Who knows I guess 🤷

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@Fizza @SnackPop Yeah, I don't know if king salmon events are a bit different if you just started playing salmon run, or are in lower ranks? I just played a couple rounds of salmon run, and my king salmon meter was full. In the profreshional ranks, once the king salmon meter is full, it stays full until you finally complete a full three wave shift. Full meter + complete 3 waves triggers the king salmon event. Over the course the 30+ SR matches(shifts) I've played, I've watched, it's been like clockwork. If you see a different pattern, then there must be another layer or condition in play that triggers king salmon that I'm not encountering or noticing.

...And on average, it seems to take about four salmon run shifts to fill the king salmon meter. I don't know if failing to complete 3 waves affects that or not.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Budda

@WoomyNNYes
I got King Salmon when my meter was completely empty. I think it will trigger when the average meter from all players on this run exceeds a certain amount.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic