Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 921 to 940 of 5,035

Fizza

Fizza wrote:

I was about to ask the same thing because I had something weird happen to me on my first King Salmonid run: I managed to get it to appear when my bar was only nearly full and not full (about one shift away to be clear). It's never happened since and I'm wondering whether it was just a launch bug or not. Who knows I guess 🤷

Went on Salmon Run again to test my theory and, as if God himself was watching, I get it immediately right before a full Cohozuna meter. I then proceeded to get a communication error after beating him which pains me more than you could ever imagine but I digress.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

BenAV

I've had plenty of runs where I've gotten the Xtra wave without the meter being full. I also had a few in the very first rotation where I didn't get an Xtra wave while my meter was full.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

jump

I've seen probably my favourite Splatoon inkling now. They have an afro, a plain white shirt, exclusively use the paintbrush weapon and call themselves Bob Ross.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

@WoomyNNYes Mine is full for the past 2 or 3 matches, but I encountered it yet (haven't lost either). I think the game waits until all (or maybe at least 2 or 3 people) have a full King Salmon meter.

Octane

WoomyNNYes

@Octane Yeah, I had that thought too.

Fizza wrote:

Went on Salmon Run again to test my theory and, as if God himself was watching, I get it immediately right before a full Cohozuna meter. I then proceeded to get a communication error after beating him which pains me more than you could ever imagine but I digress.

@Fizza Oof. That's so rough. I think I would have said, "oh you're effing kidding me! No effing way." 😟🤣 I think that's as bad as a connection error can get. Really sorry to hear that.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

BenAV

Had mostly wins in Anarchy (Series) today which was a nice change and won my rank up From S->S+0 first try which was a relief after A+->S took seven attempts. Will probably just mostly chill in Turf War/Anarchy (Open) for a while now.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Budda

I think Anarchy Series is more enjoyable casually. Open on the other hand can be pretty unforgivable. It's the mode where you can face players that are in a group. They just show no mercy.
If you do good enough earning gold medals in Series, you should be fine losing matches.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

BenAV

@Budda From time to time in Series I tend to go on long streaks of only winning 0-1 game per series even if I'm playing really well which can get a bit frustrating. I kinda wish it forced you to change teams after each game, that'd probably make it feel a bit more consistent rather than letting the strong teams stick together for multiple games.

So far I've had a more enjoyable time while playing Open with friends even though they're not at the same skill level. Haven't come across too many proper teams that have just wiped the floor with us but maybe that'll change over time.

BenAV

Fizza

The plaza posts I've seen as of late have been so brilliant that I had to share some of my favourites of the last while.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
And my personal favourite:
Untitled
@BenAV Thanks for those games earlier on man! Being able to just pop into people's matches whenever is such a brilliant feature that I was more confused on than anything when I first saw it but after using it, it makes me wonder why it wasn't there to begin with I love it that much.

Also found you scheming inside of Grizzco which I thought was pretty funny.
Untitled
What're they thinking?

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Crispe

I've been getting far less connection errors queueing for anarchy battles.
But I am in the oceanic region so I am getting my arse handed to me by full squads of japanese players. Send help.

Crispe

WaffleBoat

I LOVE tableturf more than the main modes so I hope they add online or more cards.

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

WoomyNNYes

I'm tired of salmon run weapons that can't keep ink on the ground. When I have the salmon run weapon that can lay down plenty of ink on the ground, we always finish the wave. I could vent, and vent about people in salmon run that seem to only run around for eggs, don't keep ink on the ground, don't take out flyfish, don't take out drizzlers. (expletive), sigh.

Got to Profresional 3 today, almost Profreshional 4.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Truegamer79

Hey inklings! I know this is technically the wrong thread but i got a question about splatoon 2. You know those locked music tracks in the music player in the main lobby? How do you unlock those? I noticed 31 through 42 are locked as well as a bunch of others. The whole time I've had this i never figured out how you get the remaining songs. I looked it up on Google and still couldn't find anything on it.

Now as for splatoon 3 I'll be buying it soon. Does it also have a song test option in the lobby?

Truegamer79

Joeynator3000

WoomyNNYes wrote:

I'm tired of salmon run weapons that can't keep ink on the ground. When I have the salmon run weapon that can lay down plenty of ink on the ground, we always finish the wave. I could vent, and vent about people in salmon run that seem to only run around for eggs, don't keep ink on the ground, don't take out flyfish, don't take out drizzlers. (expletive), sigh.
Got to Profresional 3 today, almost Profreshional 4.

Salmon Run just has issues in general...wished we could just have our own set of weapons, like...we can only have one of any type or something. I get it's for like, challenge and stuff, but it sucks when I have to deal with a short-ranged/defensive weapon that doesn't do much and I'm dying constantly. I don't even remember what rank I'm at, but it's infuriating that I can't even progress anymore, I tried the demoting thing, it doesn't even demote your rank, it just decreases the points by a certain amount and I can't do it again.

The mode started out fun and addicting, but once you get to that certain rank it's just insanely hard, frustrating, and stressful.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

BenAV

Salmon Run is a chill time. It's where I go if I'm getting a bit frustrated in the PvP stuff and just need to relax a bit.

BenAV

Grumblevolcano

I feel my gear is letting me down in ranked (maximum of 1 win in a series since I promoted to A-) but can't really do anything about that until after the Splatfest because I have the main abilities I want but not enough sub ability slots.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BenAV

@Grumblevolcano Yeah I'm dying for some super sea snails so that I can make my set. Been saving up money, drink tickets and chunks but just need those extra slots before I get to work. Wish we still got them for leveling up after 30.

BenAV

Croctopus

@GX_64 I dislike that there’s no Squid Beatz 3 for no apparent reason. Besides the rhythm game, it’s also a sound test, which I always like to have for my games. I guess there could always be an update for that but it’s still a little baffling to me. It’s a fun extra.

Whirling Octoling

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@Joeynator3000 In Profreshional ranks, when I demote myself, the prompt says "demote -40 pts?" (something like that) and I can demote myself 2-3x all the way down to base Profreshional, which is Profreshional Part-timer. If you're already Pro Part-timer, then that would explain why you can only demote yourself once, and can't go lower in rank. But I agree, it's kind of dumb that we can't go down any further to more casual play. (I don't know demote works below Profreshional ranks or if its available)

I've found, if you can play SR outside of "sunday driver" times, I seem to have better luck with teammates & completing 3 waves. It's not perfect, but it's noticeably better. Teammates seem better at night after 10pm on weekdays & weekends. Earlier in the mornings before 10-11am, may also be a good time. (And if you can swing a game session during normal workday hours, this may also be a good time.) Although, I know these times are not ideal, or likely unrealistic for anyone with a normal life.

@Truegamer79 Regarding Splatoon 2 Dance Mini Game songs, these are the ones I have. I'm not sure what unlocks the songs. (I have all splatoon amiibo nfc cards from ebay/etsy $20 USD for the set. They work exactly like the real thing, no downside. I've scanned most or all of the splatoon amiibo. There may be a couple that I didn't want the gear from).

31"happy little workers" (salmon run lobby song)
32 "deluge dirge w-3" (regular salmon gameplay song)
33 "fishing frenzy - w-3" (salmon run gameplay song - mothership/rush events)
34 "even further - grizzco industries" (salmon run post game song)
35 -
36 seaskape - squid squad
37 -
38 -
39 -
40 sucker punch - hightide era
41 bomb rush blush - callie
42 -

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic