Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 5,201 to 5,220 of 5,396

SplatRay001

Interesting, there’s one page that they don’t show from the catalog…

SW-1044-6649-6701

Currently playing: Persona 5 Tactica (Switch)
Metroid Prime Remastered (Switch)
God of War Ragnarok (PS5)

CaleBoi25

@Croctopus Well, it isn’t Agent 4, actually. If you look, you can see that it is the Megalobraid hairstyle.

SplatComp

Courage need not be remembered, for it was never forgotten.
-Princess Zelda

Team Past!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

Octo-JellyFish

@SplatRay001 Well, they still need to add some
surprise in there

I's a jelly!!
Currently Playing: Splatoon 3
Be calm and eat French Fries

My Nintendo: Potato-man | Nintendo Network ID: Dead

WoomyNNYes

SplatRay001 wrote:

Interesting, there’s one page that they don’t show from the catalog…

edit: I welcome a surprise, but that may just be how the catalog displays that line-of-page-dots under the catalog if you haven't completed the catalog. After we complete level 100, the game adds new pages for the lame mystery boxes that are awarded ever 10 catalog levels. Since I completed the catalog, the game added a little bar after the page dots (indicating I completed level 100), and adds a new page dot for the new mystery box pages.

[Edited by WoomyNNYes]

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

vio

@Fizza All signs point to this being the end. They're adding the 2nd kits for the new weapons immediately, something they have never done before. If you go to recon mode you'll see there's only 1 stage slot left. They already confirmed Bonerattle was the last SR stage and clearly no more Kings are coming either.. If there was more seasons after this I would be shocked.

[Edited by vio]

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

CaleBoi25

@WoomyNNYes Previous catalog reveals did not have that, though. They also did a quick-flip back to the start at the end of those, but not this one.

SplatComp

-Princess Zelda

Team Past!

WoomyNNYes

@CaleBoi25 Oh you're right. I just watched the Fresh season catalog video, and every page dot gets selected up to the end. So, there's a either an un-shown bonus, or a change in the UI for Sizzle season. But, I think a bonus is probably most likely.

@SplatRay001

[Edited by WoomyNNYes]

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Fizza

@vio Well that's the thing: seasons may be coming to an end, but that doesn't necessarily mean new content has to. For example, Splatoon 2 had major updates every once in a while that added new weapons, maps, gear, music; essentially everything you'd find in an average Splatoon 3 season (albeit with smaller, more frequent kit drops compared to 3's all-in-one-go approach). However, once the major updates finished, they kept content updates going for a bit longer with one catch: all the content added was exclusively centered around weapons and nothing else. I don't think its too out of the realm of possibility to assume something like that may happen again where the updates keep going for a bit (maybe even until the Switch 2's reveal/launch) but completely forgo everything except weapons. The most exciting part of each season for the majority of the playerbase is definitely the weapon kits so I think most people would be pretty happy with it myself. We'll see how things end up panning out though I suppose 😁

[Edited by Fizza]

MY SUMMER EXAMS ARE OVER THANK THE LORD
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Metroid Prime (GCN)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Octo-JellyFish

@vio Another hint it may be the final season is on time-stamp 0:42, we see the titles "Thank You for-Playing". So it's likely the final season, but as @Fizza said, it may still have small "season" like drops of weapons and maps.

I's a jelly!!

vio

@Fizza Oh I have absolutely no doubt more kits are coming. Sheldon's Picks was in both prior games so it seems inevitable Splatoon 3 will get them as well. 2 also got the Kensa weapons. I don't know if they plan to do it, but being how obsessed the devs are with the number 3 in this game, it seems logical for every single weapon to eventually have 3 kits.

Also, I gotta say I am incredibly disappointed no more Anarchy modes were added. Like seriously WTF? It's the same 4 we've had since Splatoon 2. You seriously couldn't be bothered to add a couple more by now? Lame.. I've been playing Splat Zones and Tower Control for 9 frickin years now LOL. Time for something new.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

Croctopus

I got the five star Octo Shot Replica badge last weekend. New weapons and kits are nice and all, but I'm done with weapon grinding. It's a real chore.. The Wellstring should be fun for me and I love that there's Dousers with a bomb after all, but I'm really and truly just sticking with my Octo Shot and Squelchers for the most part.

Whirling Samurai
July 30- My 2nd Nintendo Life Anniversary

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

SplatRay001

Patch notes are out. They’re… interesting to say the least.

SW-1044-6649-6701

Croctopus

Patch notes have been announced for the next update.

• It's not just Hammerhead Bridge and Barnacle & Dime. MANY stages have been reworked. Museum d'Alfonsino, Um'ami, Brinewater, and Scorch have changed terrain, too. Eeltail, Hagglefish, Flounder, Marlin, Manta, and Bluefin have been only slightly changed. Crableg has been slightly changed in Turf Wars and Splat Zones.
  • Hammerhead and B&D have more routes to reach the center and more strategic points
  • Museum d'Alfonsino has changed the shape of its walls in the center for Splat Zones and Rainmaker
  • Bluefin has been slightly changed for Clam Blitz
  • Sploosh-o-Matics, Splattershot Jr., and Aerosprays deal more damage to Splash Walls
  • Increased the time it takes for N-ZAP's shots to scatter
  • L-3 Nozzlenose is buffed
  • Luna Blaster and Clash Blaster deal more damage to Splash Wall
  • Rapid Blaster has reduced time for ink recovery by 1/20th of a second
  • Carbon Roller, Splat Roller, Inkbrush, Octobrush, and Dapple Dualies deal more damage to Splash Wall
  • Increased the area of ink from falling spray of Tri-Stringers, as well as the spray being straightened
  • REEF-LUX can charge in midair at the same speed as on the ground
  • Reefslider now inks along the rails as it extends before launch. When terrain is moving, the rails now move along with it.
  • Big Bubbler inks the ground where it's placed
  • Ink Vac will slightly ink the ground behind it when in use
  • Splattercolor Screen increases damage to Squid Beakon, Sprinkler, Splash Wall, Sponge and Rainmaker Sheild when touched by the screen
  • Less special points for Big Swig Roller Express and Painbrush
  • More special points for Custom E-Liter 4K and Scope
  • When using a dualie Dodge Roll or splatana charged lunge at a Rainmaker shield, the player won't take excessive damage from touching the shield
  • "Made it so that when the season switches and ranks are changed, ranks for players whose X Rankings for the previous season were in the top 1,000 ranks in any mode will be changed to rank S+0 regardless of the immediately previous rank, and those players will be able to participate in X Battles from the start."
  • "Made it so that the number of times allies used Squid Beakons placed by a player count toward the #1 Super Jump Spot and #2 Super Jump Spot medals."
  • You win one conch shell by winning a 10x battle, 10 in a 100x, and 33 in 333x
  • The rate of Conch Clashes when in mirror matches is the same as 10x battles against other teams
  • The more you win Conch Clash, the more likely you get higher Conch Clashes
  • You can board the Splatfest Float if you win a 10x or 33x Conch Clash
  • You earn triple the number of scales when fighting the Triumvirate in XTRAWAVE
  • Grizzco Dualies have been buffed
  • More Salmon Run rewards
  • Repelled tornados from Drizzlers are less likely to hit terrain, so they can now backfire on Drizzlers easier
  • You can now get special Grizzco decorations for earning all of the gold stage badges or beating the Triumvirate at Hazard Level MAX
  • Earn 10 Sheldon Licenses from a battle-boosting bonus in DLC
  • Squeezer firing rates have been changed
  • Friend-Request Harassment has been added to options when reporting players

[Edited by Croctopus]

Whirling Samurai
July 30- My 2nd Nintendo Life Anniversary

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

Octo-JellyFish

poor Splash Wall 😭 but the Mirror match changes are more than welcome. I can't wait to try REEF-LUX after the change. 10 extra Sheldon lisenes for people who bought the DLC and those who already bought it is amazing. Decent update imo.

Thanks @Croctopus for posting it here 😁

I's a jelly!!

CaleBoi25

What did Wall do to deserve this?!
And why didn't Zooka get nerfed?!?!

SplatComp

-Princess Zelda

Team Past!

CaleBoi25
Chara's Patch Notes Review is out now

SplatComp

-Princess Zelda

Team Past!

BingleyBong_TEAMPAST

Lots of these match changes are great, but I genuinely can't figure out what changed on Marlin Airport. Please someone help! Also Barnacle is like a real map now, so yay!

Switch friend code: SW-7583-4577-0599 Username: Dagenais

CaleBoi25

@BingleyBongley Pretty much the only change is a few blocks added to the sides. Nothing substantial.

SplatComp

-Princess Zelda

Team Past!

SplatRay001

Map changes are cool, some are much better than others but overall it’s a pretty decent step up from where we were before. I would love third kits but if this is where the game is stopping, I am more than content with where we are at. The game gets a lot of hate nowadays, but still think it’s an amazing follow-up.

SW-1044-6649-6701

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic