Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 5,181 to 5,200 of 5,286

Octo-JellyFish

@CaleBoi25 Thanks for sharing some lore.

I feel educated. I know mostly know story mode lore, and didn't know the bands had information like that.

I's a jelly!!
Currently Playing: Splatoon 3
Be calm and eat French Fries

My Nintendo: Potato-man | Nintendo Network ID: Dead

CaleBoi25

@BingleyBongley Yes, there is a good bit of lore about everything in Splatoon. I know you said

(not c-side, NOT C-SIDE)

but the first thing to come to mind is that Kiki from C-Side also started Riot Act. All the bands have these tidbits! Even the Story Mode bands like Free Association and Octoplush! The main reason I know so much about it is
1. I am obsessed
2. My friend, known online as MagicalGirlFia, speaks Japanese and often translates interviews and such containing lore.

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

BingleyBongley

@CaleBoi25 Wow, cool! Great to know that I have someone to ask random lore questions to now! Sorry in advance (they'll come when you least expect it XD)

Switch friend code: SW-7583-4577-0599 Username: Dagenais

CaleBoi25

@BingleyBongley Don't worry, that's what I do to Fia; anything I don't know will go straight to her.

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

Croctopus

Sizzle 2024 will introduce a new special Splatfest called Summer Nights.

New mask gear are coming.
Of course, it wouldn't be a special Splatfest without the Splatoon idols dressing up. Lemon-Lime Shiver, Blueberry Frye, and Watermelon Big Man, anyone? Off the Hook has a monochromatic theme again. The Squid Sisters have different hair styles and wearing beach outfits!

Nintendo is also making it easier to earn conch shells in the next Splatfest by earning one when you win a 10x, 100x, or 333x battle. When playing mirror matches, there's conch variants of these battles.

Edited on by Croctopus

Whirling Octoling

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

Fizza

SUMMERFEST OUT OF NOWHERE HOLY MOLY
Untitled
Well this more or less seems to concretely confirm that Splatfests are going to be continuing for a good while longer than many thought, right? Why else would they implement an entirely new Special Splatfest AND a new system revolving around 10x, 100x and 333x battes and Conch Shells?

which just raises even more questions over what the hell this shot at the end of Sizzle 2024's trailer is all about XD
Untitled

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: ....nothing XD

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Nice to see another special Splatfest and I like the sound of those changes (mirror matches aren't completely useless). Both FrostyFest and SpringFest were announced 2 months before happening so this Summer Nights event sounds like July timing, perhaps coinciding with the 7th anniversary of Splatoon 2.

It'll be very interesting to see what comes of all of this. I highly doubt Nintendo would want to do their June Direct very close to all the other events like Summer Game Fest and Xbox showcase which would mean Splatoon 3 presence in the Direct can't be June Splatfest, Summer Nights is already announced so it's not that either but FinalFest would probably distract from Summer Nights.

What I hope it means is that Splatoon 3 support is continuing beyond the 2 year promise made in August 2022.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CaleBoi25

This was datamined as "Sweet" but the files were later changed to "Sweat" so that's fits.

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

Croctopus

@Grumblevolcano Yes, please. It’s going to be a long wait for Splatoon 4 because of the next Animal Crossing. This latest Splatfest change just reinforces my hopes for Nintendo continuing Splatfest in this game as well as Big Run. I know Nintendo dropped New Horizons and Mario Maker 2 while they were still hot, and Splatoon isn’t Smash or Mario Kart, but it’s necessary.

Whirling Octoling

WoomyNNYes

I never spent my silver scales in Salmon Run this season. I wonder if we'll get any new SR suits this Sizzle season?

edit: Actually, I don't think I've spent any scales on anything this season. I think I have 1,750 orange scales. And I think I have 35-40, possibly 50, gold scales.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

CaleBoi25

Untitled
Cartoony Funface is horrifying!

Edited on by CaleBoi25

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

Croctopus

@CaleBoi25 It reminds me of Agent 4. I'm pretty sure it's inspired by Japanese Noh masks. I'm not sure which one will be my favorite. It'll depend on which team I choose.
@WoomyNNYes I haven't spent any scales lately because I'm waiting on more rewards, too. There's still several Splatoon 2 rewards that haven't returned yet.
1. Oceanic Hard Hat
2. Record Shop Look EP
3. Wooden Sandals
4. Beekeeper Hat
5. Office Attire
6. Sailor Cap
7. SRL Coat
8. Friendship Bracelet
9. Worker's Cap

Whirling Octoling

vio

Is this Summer Nights Splatfest Japan only?

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

MarioVillager92

@vio I can see it being a worldwide splatfest, actually. So I doubt it'd be exclusive to Japan.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

BingleyBongley

Has the theme for the splatfest been announced? Love the new outfits!

Switch friend code: SW-7583-4577-0599 Username: Dagenais

MarioVillager92

@BingleyBongley Not yet, we currently don't know what the theme/teams will be.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Croctopus

There's finally going to be Tableturf cards of Mr. Grizz and Joe Mega along with ones for the new weapons.

New locker decorations and stickers are also revealed, including Salmon Run ones.
And here is the Sizzle 2024 catalog.

Whirling Octoling

SplatRay001

The final catalog reward is ‘Thanks for playing’. It’s done, this is the end.

SW-1044-6649-6701

Currently playing: Persona 5 Tactica (Switch)
God of War Ragnarok (PS5)

Fizza

I'm still very much in the camp that this isn't the last season/bit of content (seriously why would they add all this new Splatfest stuff if FinalFest was going to happen about 2-3 months later) but I do find it very funny how the current state of Splatoon can be more or less summed up in this image XD
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: ....nothing XD

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic