Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 5,161 to 5,180 of 5,286

Croctopus

BIG Big Run is confirmed to be in June from the 7th through the 9th.

There's also a new Grizzco weapon. A Grizzco Splatling?

Hammerhead Bridge and Barnacle & Dime are getting worked on by the end of the month (hi, Callie!).

Good that BIG Big Run is in June like last year's normal Big Run. Grizzco Splatling should be fun even though I'm no good with Splatlings. Again, Hammerhead and B&D are two of my favorites maps, so I guess they'll just be made even better for me. Or they'll just put them into pole position or edit a ledge or two...

Edited on by Croctopus

Whirling Octoling

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

chapuH

@Croctopus Wait, so BIG big run isn't a permanent new mode? That sucks...

Hope you're having a good day.

Budda

@Croctopus
From the official french Splatoon Twitter it seems like it's a Grizzco Roller.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Croctopus

@Budda Oh, OK. The end of that thing reminded me of a Splatling, but I guess that’s just what powers the roller.

I wonder if it’ll be like a fast Dynamo with a ludicrously wide attack? At the very least, it’ll be great against lessers and the glowfly rush.

Whirling Octoling

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

CaleBoi25

Heads up, it's a Grizzco Roller

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

CaleBoi25

GASP
TWO reworks let's goooo!!

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

SplatRay001

@CaleBoi25 Scorch Gorge may also be changed based off the trailer

SW-1044-6649-6701

Currently playing: Persona 5 Tactica (Switch)
God of War Ragnarok (PS5)

CaleBoi25

Is it just me or does Callie's ink spot look a little... Foozified in this art? Maybe I'm just insane...

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

MarioVillager92

@Croctopus Did the guys at Nintendo see my little rant about Barnacle & Dime? I think they did... lol.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

vio

It's definitely the Grizzco Roller, which was already datamined. A Grizzco Splatling was never datamined. Also, the first ever Golden/all Grizzco rotation on Bonerattle is live right now! Don't miss out on that hot action this weekend!

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

vio

@CaleBoi25 I welcome any improvements, but most of the other reworks have been so lackluster that I have zero hype for these.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

Budda

@CaleBoi25
Foozified? What does that mean? 😅

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Octo-JellyFish

So we have about 1 week till Sizzle Season '24, where's everyone on their catalog/bonus catalog?

I'm currently on level 65 on my bonus

I's a jelly!!
Currently Playing: Splatoon 3
Be calm and eat French Fries

My Nintendo: Potato-man | Nintendo Network ID: Dead

Jhena

@Octo-JellyFish
My catalog is finished and I am ready for Sizzle Season. I hope you can finish yours.

I should give Big Big Run a try.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

CaleBoi25

@Budda It's a mix of "Fuzzy" and "Ooze" i.e. "affected by Fuzzy Ooze" but "Fooze" is more fun to say.
Untitled

Edited on by CaleBoi25

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

BingleyBongley

Great to be back here, but, uhm guys? We NEED to talk about SashiMori's new songs, specifically Seacourse. Maybe I'm going crazy, but the vocals sound a lot, lot like Vocaloid to me. Like, to the point where I thought I clicked on a Vocaloid song by accident. Is it a speach synthesyser the band made? Or did the find recordings of Voclaoid? I need to know if Splatsune Miku is Canon!!!

Switch friend code: SW-7583-4577-0599 Username: Dagenais

CaleBoi25

@BingleyBongley Short answer: They don't have a vocalist, so they use remixed voices from other groups, most likely human. I can give you the long lore-filled answer if you'd like, as well!

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

CaleBoi25

@BingleyBongley OK, here we go:
SashiMori had a lead vocalist, but due to stylistic differences the group broke up for a time before reforming with their vocalist replaced by a 12-year-old Octoling named Paul (the one in your PFP). Now, rather than having actual lyrics, they took recordings from an ancient species (i.e. humans) and had Paul splice them in. Now, as to who their vocalist was, it's speculated to be Pearl, but Nogami specifically said that that could be "left to your imagination," so not canon, but not wrong, either. Also, in Amalgamania, there is a censorship bleep. There are three possible reasons for this:
1. One of Frye's voice clips sounds like "What the f***" to English speakers, so it's reasoned that one of the human lines sounded like an Inkling cuss word, and was thus bleeped out.
2. The bleep was a part of the recording and Paul kept it for stylistic purposes.
3 (the funny option). Paul heard an English cuss word and thought "Maybe the humans will listen to this music, better bleep this out." This is obviously not canonically possible, but it is funny to imagine.
One more thing: it is unconfirmed, but many speculate that Acht and Paul are cousins. This is because:
1. They have similar ink colors (at least pre-Acht's sanitization).
2. They both only have 3 tentacles (as seen in Paul's S2 artwork).
3. They both have the same hat featuring a stylized octopus (also seen in Paul's S2 artwork).

So, there you have it! Hope you enjoy!

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

BingleyBongley

@CaleBoi25 WOW! Thanks! It's awesome how much lore they added even though they didn't have to. But, this got me thinking, do all bands have lore like this? Or is this special to Sashimori? I'd love to learn more about some of the bands! (not c-side, NOT C-SIDE)

Switch friend code: SW-7583-4577-0599 Username: Dagenais

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic