Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 301 to 320 of 4,888

WoomyNNYes

@FroZtedFlakerZz Splatoon 3 World Premier has it's own eshop page. When you view that eshop page with the Switch, the download button says, "Free Pre-order", which is kinda weird, but that's how they are doing it. You'll have to agree to some legal stuff, because it will be an online game interacting with people (I think that's the gist). Then a prompt will say a redeem code will be emailed to you, says the game will be downloadable on August 18, I believe?

August 25 - you can access beginner tutorial.
August 27 is splatfest day.

If history is a guide, the World Premier(demo/testfire) will only be playable Aug 25-27. Splatoon demos have only been playable for their scheduled weekend. Even if you keep the demo on your system, after the planned demo dates, you can only boot up a loadscreen w/ music. Nothing else.

Splatoon 3 World Premier eshop page(web version)
https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/splatoon-3-splatfest-...

I think the "Free Pre-order" download button is because the demo is giving people a free 7 day NSO trial for people that don't have NSO already, because Splatfest online play requires NSO.

I also got purchase confirmation email, but since it's free, the charge is $0.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Snatcher

Wow that comment section got closed faster then ai thought. I didn’t even get to say anything. For the best though Lmao.

Anyway. I do really hope they let us do some test run before it actually goes online.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

FroZtedFlake

@WoomyNNYes Thank you! Should be fun

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Fizza

@WoomyNNYes I was going to ask you about that as well! So would you say it's ok to go and 'pre-order' it right now? 3's one of my most anticipated games of this year so I don't want to get caught out on a chance to play it early.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

HoboJoe

What's up with the situation regarding the Splatoon 3 OLED model? Why isn't it up for preorder in the US?

HoboJoe

Snatcher

@Fizza You going digital or physical? I’m gonna try to go for the Walmart pre order.

@WoomyNNYes Thank you this was really helpful.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Fizza

@Snatcher For games with a decently hefty file size like Splatoon, I usually go physical (Zelda, Smash Bros, Pokemon, etc.). However, when a game is as heavily focused on online like Splatoon, I feel as though going digital would make me want to play it a heck of a lot more since it's much easier to simply boot it up rather than having to go through the process of switching out game cards and such. It'll be one hell of a hit on my SD card (especially with this 'large scale paid DLC' coming down the line o_o) but it's one I'm willing to take. I should probably start archiving some software though....

WoomyNNYes

@Fizza Splatoon 3 World Premier (demo) has it's own eshop page. It's download button says "Free Pre-order", even though you're not buying anything. A purchase confirmation will get emailed, saying $0. It's just how this demo appears to be set up. Nothing indicates that it's actually pre-ordering the $60 retail game.

I'm not pre-ordering the retail game. I plan on buying splatoon 3 physical at a local store release day.

Splatoon 3 World Premier Demo eshop page
https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/splatoon-3-splatfest-...

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Snatcher

@Fizza I was kinda thinking if I should do the same thing. But that cover art is just waaaay to good.

Fizza

@Snatcher Believe me: with art like this, it's always a difficult choice.
Untitled

Snatcher

@Fizza I know! Argh! It’s too hard!

kkslider5552000

Fizza wrote:

Believe me: with art like this, it's always a difficult choice.
Untitled

I don't know, that's a weird combination of colors though. Who would be interested in that mix of yellow and purple around this black and white logo?

...wait...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Snatcher

@kkslider5552000 They will.

MarioVillager92

I just started downloading the demo. Wonder how I'll fare in the Splatfest! I remember seeing that you can practice stages in the full game, I'm curious if you can do that in the demo as well.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

WoomyNNYes

MarioLover92 wrote:

I just started downloading the demo. Wonder how I'll fare in the Splatfest! I remember seeing that you can practice stages in the full game, I'm curious if you can do that in the demo as well.

I'm going to assume we can use the Recon mode to check out whatever stages are included with the demo. I guess we'll see.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@WoomyNNYes Yeah you're likely right on that. Only one way to find out, we just have to wait for the demo to be playable.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Budda

I really messed it up here.. 😅
I had to delete the Testfire for a moment and now I'm not able to redownload it. How does this work with preorders? Am I able to redownload it when it's available on the 25th?
Edit: Well. That was unexpected... I can redownload it on my Japanese Account. That's so weird.

Edited on by Budda

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Budda

@WoomyNNYes
It wasn't on the redownload page on my regular account where I "preordered" the game. I was trying to at least play the japanese version, so I hoped on the japanese EShop. On the testfire page it said redownload. So I checked the redownload page there. It was there. It redownloaded my version of the game. Not the japanese one.

Edited on by Budda

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic