Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 2,781 to 2,800 of 5,054

TheBigBlue

Using the dualies are hilarious. I get to dodge roll circles around my enemy just constantly shooting until we both die. And flounder heights is even funnier. Did a rainmaker series there and I found it hilarious how I could just get to the highest point on the map, and dodge roll drop on the enemy like an ink spraying demon from your worst nightmare decending from the sky

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

TheBigBlue

Untitled

KAIRU

I think I’m having one of those nights where either everyone I’m playing against is an absolute god at this game or I’m just playing like some seriously hot garbagio. Hopefully tomorrow’s games will be a different story.

Apologies for my slight vent of frustration. 😅

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

TheBigBlue

@KAIRU I’m pretty sure we all get those days. There’s times where your team absolutely rules and does everything you want them to, and then there are times when it’s the opposite team doing everything right. There’s times where you are the greatest player in the game and on your team, and then there are times where you are the polar opposite of team MVP.

And don’t worry about the venting, it’s a completely relatable thing 👍

Edited on by TheBigBlue

jump

There doesn't seem to by that many new clothes to buy with this update/season. I think I've only bought 2/3 things so far.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

KAIRU

@TheBigBlue Yeah, it's kinda funny how things can flip-flop like that in the space of one or two games. I guess that's just part and parcel of the experience though! Hopefully I'll have a bit more of a successful day of Splatoon shenanigans today — provided I can pry myself away from Diablo IV, that is.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

WoomyNNYes

@KAIRU

KAIRU wrote:

I think I’m having one of those nights where either everyone I’m playing against is an absolute god at this game or I’m just playing like some seriously hot garbagio. Hopefully tomorrow’s games will be a different story.

Apologies for my slight vent of frustration. 😅

Losing & winning will always happen with rubber banding in the matching algorithm. If you have one of those days where you're getting crushed match after match, if you turn off the game, and come back later, or the next day, you should get some wins. Unfortunately, I think Nintendo wrongly matches solo queuing players/casuals against OP teamed up players (that may have coms). I see that problem more often in Splatoon than I do in Rocket League. I think Rocket League seems more effective at minimizing totally lopsided matches.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

KAIRU

@WoomyNNYes Rocket League, now there's a game I haven't played in years. I really can't keep up with all the crazy air tricks that players can do now and it just isn't the same game for me, despite the game not itself not really changing.

Back on topic though, I do feel like my games do tend to balance themselves out. I'll lose three on the bounce but then I'll win the next four, where some of which our team will win by a lot, then we'll get shredded the following match, so I maybe I shouldn't complain too much. I'm still having a blast with the game, which is ultimately the main thing.

Snatcher

@Fizza Did you ever figure out the seed thing? Because I figured it out if you want to know.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Fizza

@Snatcher Tried putting it in yesterday myself, came back with 0 results unfortunately

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Snatcher

@Fizza What I did was first put it in, clicked it, nothing happened, so instead, I went to the seed listing, from here it can figure it out by you putting in your rolls, so make like five rolls, and tell it each of your rolls so it can find a seed, im not sure how many it need though so it could be over or lower, so make sure you do give it your exact rolls, color of capsule and item inside, you should see it all in the seed listing page at the top of the site.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

BenAV

Anyone else not even realise Big Run was on this weekend?

Not sure if I'm just rusty after not playing in ages but Undertow feels a bit tricky. Not a lot of space to move around in, particularly in the middle of the map, which makes it pretty easy to get cornered.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Croctopus

I’m not surprised people forgot because it’s not nearly as special this time without the debut of a new King Salmonid. Yes, Undertow is really tight and rather long. It’s easy to forget about the far corners of the map where long distance bosses are hiding. However, Glowflies have never been easier since you can just stand on a high ledge and they can never get you. Grillers are easy here, too. I like that we can make more King Salmonid scales in Big Run although it still stinks that there’s no new items this season. I’m not even going to spend any scales this season.

Whirling Octoling

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@BenAV Yeah, last night, I booted up the game, and I was like, oh Sh__, big run's this weekend!? I vaguely remembered the date announced two weeks ago.

Last time I played SR, I demoted myself to pro 2 so I could farm kohozuna. But this time, I coudln't get out of pro 2 limbo. I tried playing solo, I tried HAZCO pool, and even played with a friend that's in EVP. I never got more than 92 eggs. It was so disappointing. It was such a terrible run of about 15 jobs with too many casual newbs, I rarely completed 3 waves. I'm glad I already have a silver Big Run fish medal! I like the silver better than gold.

The canada wild fire smoke pollution finally cleared out, and I'm going to ride my bike & carve some bowls and get a little air today. If I wasn't dying for some exercise, Id play - maybe tonight.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

BenAV

@WoomyNNYes Last time I played Salmon Run was the previous Big Run so it's been a while. Been clearing Wave 3 most runs so far (up to VP 170) but no big scores. Highest is 111.

@Dev9417 Main reason I didn't know was just because I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere since the announcement. Only found out by checking the NSO app.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

BenAV

@Wolfleaf The Charger is actually probably my favourite of the Grizzco weapons to use. You do need to be a bit careful with how you manage your ink but it's pretty satisfying how you can melt just about anything.

BenAV

BenAV

@Wolfleaf That's fair. Splatana is probably the one I feel least comfortable with funnily enough but that's partially because I've barely used it so just not really used to it, plus I'm not too keen on Splatanas in general. I can't use Chargers for the life of me in PvP games but I quite like them in Salmon Run. Even though they're a little slow to attack I still feel mobile enough with them, unlike something like a Splatling.

Got a new high score of 137 now so that's respectable at least. Probably only silver though.

BenAV

TheBigBlue

Fist bumping after a 0-100 sweep in splat zones is so satisfying after you just got annihilated in your last match

TheBigBlue

It’s unbelievable how hard it was to finally get to S Rank after over eight months of work

KAIRU

I just realised today that I’ve sunk 50 hours into this game. It really doesn’t feel like it’s been that many!

I guess time flies when you’re having fun, eh?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic