Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 261 to 280 of 4,888

ChameleonBros

I'm trying to find out if it uses the Switch menu's game invites or not, it was not clear in the Direct (I am aware you can team up easier with people already online in the game). Also any word on offline, same system multiplayer?

I'm mixed on this direct. Some nice QoL improvements, new stages and weapons, the card game seems interesting, but no online cloud saves according to the fine print on the official Splatoon 3 website (yet again) and another long drip feed approach to content is disappointing off the bat. Gonna wait for the demo and try it out.

Switch FC:
*Please ask me/inform me if you plan to add my Switch FC, because I delete random requests that I do not recognize. Thanks!
SW-2251-7555-8810

Discord:

Quail-Man^_#3607

WoomyNNYes

@ChameleonBros Ohh, there wasn't any talk of split screen multiplayer. I imagine they're skipping it.... again☹☹. I don't think the switch is powerful enough.(that's my theory).

The invite system they showed was all in-game. That's all they showed.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Fizza

WoomyNNYes wrote:

In the Direct, Frye, the yellow haired girl in Deep Cut (the news/splatfest characters) CREEPS me out. Not crazy about her design. XD I hope it will grow on me.

Everyone said the exact same thing about Pearl so I have a feeling they'll be more than endearing once the game (or even this large DLC) comes out proper (at least I hope)

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

Love Deep Cut’s music so far and Frye is defo my favorite. Will have to get this soundtrack as well.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Fizza

@FrostedFlakerZZ HOW ON EARTH DID YOU ACTUALLY CALL THAT THERE WOULD BE A SCISSOR WEAPON IN 3!?

FroZtedFlakerZz wrote:

If we're just delving into art supplies now, I'd like to request a pair of giant scissors

(the comment from the 16th of MAY)

I'm in utter disbelief that you managed to predict this.

Edited on by Fizza

WoomyNNYes

@fizza & everyon else else

Anybody notice the storekeeper girl, Harmony, is drooling pink? Is this supposed to mean she's on the drugs?(tripping balls)😆 She's so spaced out. It's funny. I'm kind of surprised Nintendo allowed it. I'm ok if they keep it. I'm sure there are some pastel rainbow people in harajuku they've based her on.😆

Untitled

I've pasted the youtube to play at the relevant time stamp

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes It’s pretty Sus ngl.

@Fizza How on earth didn’t they show this weapon!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Fizza

@WoomyNNYes I lost it when I saw her. You know why? Because she's a member of one of the bands (Chirpy Chips if you're curious) in Splatoon lore (as seen here):
Untitled
If this means the band members will actually be in the games and not just something referenced outside of them?
Untitled
Yes I'm obsessed with this series, how could you tell?

Edited on by Fizza

Fizza

A cool tidbit from the website: if you have Splatoon 2 save data, you start with more of those new Sheldon Licenses, start at a higher rank in Anarchy and, best of all, GET RANKED IMMEDIATELY.

The competitive Splatoon scene is about to be thriving.

StarPoint

@Fizza Oh wow, that is awesome!

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Jhena

I thought the direct was really good. More than I expected. Collecting cards is a cool idea. This roll trick that repells shots, might really annoy snipers. The atmosphere really is more chinese now. But I might skip this entry. My NSO subscription is running out soon. And to be honest I do not really like the vibe anymore. To me it feels the opposite of fresh paired with a toxic feeling( not because it is more chinese now). And everyone gives of those " I am too cool for you" vibes.

Still I think this could be the best Splatoon yet and I hope everyone playing it will have a great time.

Edit: By the way @Fizza your new avatar is really cool and cute.

Edited on by Jhena

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

StarPoint

I found this video to be pretty helpful:

Edited on by StarPoint

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Snatcher

@Fizza Omg, that means I won’t have to go through that awful grind all over again. Thank god!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

FroZtedFlake

@Fizza HA I ACTUALLY CALLED IT NO WAY

I just had a feeling there'd be more crafty weapons, tbh I thought there might be an eraser weapon too.

Also mind my potty mouth but how bada** is wielding a giant pair of scissors

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

jump

Balls, I've just realised I'm at a music festival the weekend of the Splatfest!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Okami1

@jump You mean burst bomb
Untitled

dysgraphia awareness human

Fizza

@FroZtedFlakerZz You have to get 3 now. Sorry, I don't make the rules, I just enforce 'em

Cynas

Really enjoyed the direct! Certainly got me more hyped for the game than I was at least. My highlights were:

• The new shop owners might be my favourite yet
  • The locker idea is fun, always nice to have more stuff to unlock as you play and gives something new to check while youre wandering around the hub world
  • I love that you can test each stage solo now. I'm not that great at shooters so I get kinda stressed out when playing online, since I feel like I'm weighing down the team, but at least this way it gives me an opportunity to get used to the maps so I'll feel more comfortable jumping into it.
  • The card game mode looks fun, sometimes I end up investing more time into card game side modes like this than the full game, so I can easily see myself putting hours into the game
  • The katana weapon is interesting, I usually prefer going melee since I'm awful at aiming, so I'll probably use this quite a bit.
  • The ability to have course rotation updates/news in the top left corner of the screen so you're not interrupted all the time.
  • Big Man is great. Hope we get amiibo of all 3 members of Deep Cut eventually.

I was hoping for another new big mode introduced, like how Splatoon 2 got Salmon Run, but they showed off enough new stuff in the direct to keep me happy anyway so I don't mind as much.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

FroZtedFlake

@Fizza I wasn't entirely convinced before, but after this direct how could I not get it, I can understand people's "similar" frustrations, but being even being an avid splatoon 1 and 2 player I'm really excited for this game.

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic