Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 241 to 260 of 5,048

GX_64

@WoomyNNYes The Japanese Splatoon 3 site is awesome! Have you seen Splatoon Base? https://www.nintendo.co.jp/character/splatoon/en/ It is a website summarising the story of the first 2 games. It has been translated into English, although it has a few errors. There are some interesting things in the character section

GX_64

Snatcher

I think I’m going to pre order it off of Walmart, the bonus is actually good.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

WoomyNNYes

GX_64 wrote:

@WoomyNNYes The Japanese Splatoon 3 site is awesome! Have you seen Splatoon Base? https://www.nintendo.co.jp/character/splatoon/en/ It is a website summarising the story of the first 2 games. It has been translated into English, although it has a few errors. There are some interesting things in the character section

haha. No, I hadn't. Thanks for the link. I'm impressed/surprised they kept that that Spatoon 1 site up. (impressed it has english, too)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Fizza

WoomyNNYes wrote:

It really is amazing how much Nintendo's resources are poured into their huge, detail-laden official Splatoon 3 webpage.... for japanese language only. I mean, there's so much creative artwork and formatting effects poured into it. It's an amazing page. Is the english Splatoon market dwarfed that much by the japanese market to justify this? (I'm guessing they did the same thing with Splatoon 2)(The intent here, is not to troll. I'm just amazed.)

Splatoon 3 offical japanese webpage:
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/av5ja/index.html

And this quiz page. These are serious webpages.(that's how it looks to me, but I don't make webpages.)
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/splatoon/quiz/

Well I mean, as much as i hate to admit it, You only have to look at the likes on the release date reveal tweet likes to understand why it probably is the way that it is.

(371 THOUSAND likes, good lord ._.)

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes Yeah I thought about that as well, if you don’t mind having to wait, depending on how long it might end up being, ai think it’s worth it, I’m fully ready for that thing to not show up on release day lol.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

WoomyNNYes

@Fizza That's a decent point if both JP and NA splatoon twitters posted at the same time. But frequently, SplatoonNA posts updates 1-2 days after SplatoonJP. I imagine many english speaking people (like us) mostly watch SplatoonJP, because that's where things post first. Which means, there's less reason for SplatoonNA likes to be a good measure of the english speaking market. I think game sales would be a better metric.

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Snatcher Regarding Splatoon 3 release day, I already know the drill. I'll go to Best Buy (because I don't like the people at my gamestops), and I'll have to ask a Best Buy employee to go in back to get me Splatoon 3, because it's after noon, and Best Buy still hasn't put out a new AAA Nintendo game on release day. That's par for the course for both Best Buy's I get games at. LOL

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes Game shops definitely differ, if your not ordering online it depend on who is the manager and who works there, and sometimes, there not the best people.

StarPoint

Nintendo has hinted at new modes for Splatoon 3, which will likely be announced at some point in the future.

It's not much to go on but at least there's some confirmation now.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Budda

Splatoon JP Twitter posted the last brand today. I expect someting pretty soon. If it's a Splatoon Direct next week, it would be a pretty bad timing for me unfortunately.
Odd that this post from Nintendo Germany wasn't posted on any other major Twitter account. They clearly had to create and design that info graphic. And that would be kind of a waste of time for such a small Twitter Account.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

GX_64

@Budda It seems like they are now done with both weapons and brands. I wonder if there will be a new stage or music on Friday. I think that there are enough bands for the 1.0.0 version of Splatoon 3, so maybe it will be a stage. I hope that they surprise us and it is actually a Direct, or maybe even a Testfire

GX_64

GX_64
C-Side Paintscraper
I was waiting for Nintendo Life to do an article about it, but they haven't so I thought I would share it. I really like it!

GX_64

Fizza

WE CAN FINALLY RELAX.

You better believe I'll be around for the NLife watch party when this drops, this'll be the very first Splatoon Direct I'll be around for and I intend to be there the whole time! Also, now that we have some actual concrete news for 3, I think it's time to bust out a PFP I've had waiting in the wings for the last few weeks: my Inkling from 2!
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

StarPoint

I REALLY liked that Direct overall. New modes, new customization, and new maps was really the main things that I wanted. The only thing that I am still wondering about is if there are going to be new ranked, or anarchy, modes. Other than that I think this was a fantastic presentation and I am now way more hyped for this game

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

jump

The tri-battles are both the most confusing and exciting thing in the trailer for me. It looks like it could really shake up how the matches are played by forcing you to changing your priorities and just be slightly different enough to the 4 vs 4 games.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

BenAV

@StarPoint Doesn't look that way at launch at least, they have added new ranked modes after launch in the first two games so who knows if we'll eventually get another. If they don't have any really fun ideas for it though I'd rather them just leave it as it is rather than just adding a sub-par mode for the sake of adding a mode.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Snatcher

@jump I know. It looks like a great time!

StarPoint

@BenAV I suppose that's how I feel as well. The ranked modes we already have are excellent, so I don't really need new options. But it would be nice to have at least one or two new modes.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

WoomyNNYes

In the Direct, Frye, the yellow haired girl in Deep Cut (the news/splatfest characters) CREEPS me out. Not crazy about her design. XD I hope it will grow on me.

Otherwise, the game looks promising.

Regarding the "large scale paid dlc", I'd like to think that means another single player campaign similar in scope to octo expansion.

And, the new splatfest town square theming looks good. I'm into it. Actually, they large scope of the town & splatfest theming looks much bigger, very impressive.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic