Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 2,521 to 2,540 of 5,065

Budda
OMG! WOOOOW! 😱😱❤️

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Croctopus

Yes! Called it! Although I’m really surprised Shiver is for power while Frye is for wisdom. Big Man for courage is no surprise even though it’s ironic considering he’s known for being a little timid.

Whirling Shiver Fan
"You lip-synch, we drip ink..."

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

Fizza

I'M SO F***ING EXCITED GUYS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

An easy choice for me this time round: been saying I'd go with Courage ever since we initially discussed the possibility of a Zelda Splatfest so I gotta go with my favourite knight in all the land!
Untitled

@Budda I WAS LITERALLY ABOUT TO SCREAM OUT TO YOU, YOU CALLED IT A MILE AWAY YOU LEGEND!!! (of Zelda )

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

jump

jump wrote:

Dev9417 wrote:

A much better Valentine Splatfest would’ve been Card vs. Chocolates vs. Flowers. Oh well, there’s been lame Splatfests in past games. Fork vs. Spoon and Fam vs. Friend in 2 immediately come to mind.

I would have gone with do you spend Valentine’s with the spouse, mistress or the bit on the side but that’s just me.

There's plenty of more balance three way choices though. Breakfast-lunch-dinner, planes-train-automobiles, pizzas toppings, running-swimming-biking etc. At least the ones they are giving us now beats the what side of toilet paper Splatfest!

I'm calling the one in May will be the Tri-force of Courage-Wisdom-Power for the Zelda Kingdom Sad 😥 release.

I called the theme and the month.

Send me fifty bucks and I will predict lottery numbers for you!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TheBigBlue

Insert Matt Mercer’s Ganondorf Scream, which was spot on in reality

All hail the Demon King!

Edited on by TheBigBlue

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Fizza

@TheBigBlue NOT IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT!

insert constant Link sword slashing here

TheBigBlue

Might need a Ganondorf PFP upgrade cause I’m gonna fight to the death in that splatfest man

Fizza

@TheBigBlue Well you have been given new husbando- I mean Demon King material from yesterday XD
Untitled

Budda

@Fizza
I have to admit. The collaboration between Zelda and Splatoon... maaan.. I think my head is about to explode! My favourite franchise Zelda and my second favourite franchise Splatoon. I couldn't breathe when I saw the Tweets. Not of the Splatfest theme alone, but a freaking Triforce as a Stage?! ... ?!! 😵
Question is. Are ALL teams attackers? No defending team? 2v2v2? They didnt answer that.

TheBigBlue

The whole defenders vs attackers thing is kinda dumb. They should just let two per team go at it in one turf war. But again, they really seem to want 8 players total.

Budda

@TheBigBlue
I think they have to do exclusive stages that have the Triforce shape, if they wanted to do that. The point of defending and attacking is, that they can reuse existing stages and make it somewhat balanced. Not to forget that the whole splatfest point system is designed around that as well.

TheBigBlue

@Budda yeah I know, I just thought switching things up after 5 splatfests with the same tricolour formula that doesn’t even work
would be nice

Every single time I start a Tricolor match, I’m only left facing my fellow team members. Not a single other team.

Fizza

With all the garnishes that this Zelda Splatfest is getting (themed art, unique colours and the first actual new Tricolour stage in the game's HISTORY), it really does feel like the Pokemon Fest was rushed in comparison: simple (though still fitting and nice) artwork by comparison, re-used/already coded-in colours, an already used stage in Sturgeon, hell; the proper colour for Team Grass didn't even work properly in time for the fest so they just re-used the same one from Team Fun 😭

Pretty fitting to the games they were referencing if so though XD

Edited on by Fizza

StarPoint

It’s crazy how this is the first Splatfest that’s actually getting it’s own unique stage design, and even then, it’s still using assets from Scorch Gorge. Super happy that they’re at least giving us a new design at all though.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Croctopus

This is the most torn I’ve felt about a Splatfest in 3 yet. Ganondorf looks undeniably great in Tears, I was on Team Villain in Splatoon 2, and I like having some power. I love Zelda’s haircut in Tears. I probably like Link the most since I love green and I’m a pretty quiet guy as well, but to be surprisingly open, I’m not exactly the bravest guy around, although I certainly play boldly in Splatoon. This is the closest I might be to joining a Big Man team. I might just wait until the Sneek Peek starts before I decide.

I have no idea who might win since I was so wrong about the cryptid Splatfest but I think Team Wisdom will be the underdogs.

Edited on by Croctopus

Whirling Shiver Fan
"You lip-synch, we drip ink..."

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

TheBigBlue

I believe Courage will win. Link’s the big hero, right? Power and Wisdom will get one categories each, but Courage will win popular vote and the sneak peek scores because #1: Big Man Supremacy #2: Most people don’t actively like to play the part of villian, especially the kids who play this game. Team Sweet had the support of almost 90% of the playerbase, so you have a general Idea of who might win from that info alone. I’m not saying the other two teams don’t have a chance though, hehehe.

Edited on by TheBigBlue

card-crunch78

I'm going to be on Team Power.

What? I think Ganondorf is cool, he commands darkness, it's just destiny to often lose against Link.

I say "often" because according to Nintendo, one of the timeline branches in "Ocarina of Time" involves him killing Link, leading to "A Link to the Past".

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Grumblevolcano

I think I'm going with Wisdom. I imagine it'll be the least popular option (Power has the advantage of Ganondorf's TotK design and Courage has the advantage of Link in general) which means there'll be much fewer Tricolor mirror matches and Tricolor is the most fun part of Splatfests.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheBigBlue

@JadeKitsune welcome to the correct team!

Edited on by TheBigBlue

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic