Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 4,884

novasoup

@WoomyNNYes i believe i've played one of those recently, i can check later and share the code if i find it

playing right now:
splatoon 3
fortnite
pizza tower

Switch Friend Code: SW-2640-3349-1323 | My Nintendo: novasoup

Budda

@WoomyNNYes
On the Switch Online App, you can see the waves in detail.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

WoomyNNYes

@Budda @novasoup
It appears you can only replay a job in Private Job mode, and you need 3 friends in order to play it. So, even if I found a job with Giant Tornado event, I can't use it by myself. In that case, I'll never be able to use the saved job feature, then. So disappointing.

Side note, if you're scrolling through saved jobs, the events are clearly labeled on the wave. I had some jobs with Mudmouth Eruptions, Mothership, and Cohock Charge, but never found one with Giant Tornado. Since I can never play a saved job without three friends, I stopped looking.

EDIT: Oh, good point @Budda, NSO Splatoon 3 app has the wave/event details. Good to know.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Fizza

I've been using a site I found recently called yaga's Splatoon Weapon Maker which, as the name suggests, allows you to come up with potential weapon kits for every weapon in the game. I've made a bunch already that I really like such as Squid Beakon + Crab Tank on Splattershot and Angle Shooter + Inkjet on Squiffer but for now I'll just share the new kits I've come up with for the 3 brand new weapons added in Chill Season (because their current kits certainly leave a lot to be desired):
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
(also ignore the actual weapons in the images: the site hasn't added in the new ones in yet)

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

ok1

@WoomyNNYes
I’m pretty sure that you only need one friend if doing a scenario is the same as a normal private job.

hello

Deltarogue

@KAIRU Oh my god I LOVE the Forge splattershot pro! Not only does its kit better complement the weapon, but it also has a slick black and white paint job that looks so friggin cool!!! It is by far one of, if not my absolute favorite weapons that were added in the update.

Deltarogue

WoomyNNYes

I'm quite surprised that I haven't been doing well with the new Splattershot w/ Splat Bombs. With the current meta (of my region?), I'm constantly at a disadvantage do to the Splattershot's short range. I can still manage to control snipers & long range enemies with the Splat Bombs, but quite often, it's not enough.

I still miss Splashdowns - using them, and shooting them down🤣. They were fun. Does anyone know if Splashdowns are coming to Splatoon 3? Since the Splatoon 3 demo had Splashdowns in weapon inventory, I assumed it was certain that they'd be in Splatoon 3. @BenAV

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

BenAV

@WoomyNNYes Think they'll likely stay as a story mode exclusive thing in Splatoon 3 and that's probably for the best.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Fizza

@WoomyNNYes Reefslider does what Splashdown did much better and it's still considered the weakest special in the game so....yeah. Like @BenAV said: it suits single player a lot better than multiplayer methinks.

Fizza

SPLATOON HAS OFFICIALLY BEATEN CALL OF DUTY HOLY S*** THIS ISN'T REAL
Untitled

StarPoint

@Fizza I'm really glad that Splatoon at least won something. Not being even nominated for best soundtrack was pretty disappointing, but I'm glad that it got something to take home

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

StarPoint

@WoomyNNYes I think it's just because TGA goes for more "cinematic" soundtracks when choosing nominees. Games with more stylized soundtracks don't get nominated likely because they aren't as accessible. Looking at the majority of nominees this year, almost all of them feature powerful, fully orchestrated scores.

There's nothing wrong with that style of music and I think it lends itself really well to many games. But games like Splatoon deserve a bit of love for their overall unique take on what a video game soundtrack can be.

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)

Fizza

@StarPoint I've definitely got a giant spot in my heart for orchestral music (Great Ace Attorney/Zelda my beloved) but man it would've been so cool to see Splatoon up there as well for having possibly the most unique soundtrack of any game period, let alone just Nintendo.

StarPoint

@Fizza Absolutely. Some of my favorite OSTs are basically fully orchestral (BOTW, Mario Galaxy, TGAA, etc. etc.)

I will say for me, this year had pretty boring nominees for the category. Aside from XC3, nothing really stood out. In previous years we had games like MGSV, DOOM 2016, and NieR: Automata take home the prize for the best score. And even in 2017 games like BOTW and Mario Odyssey were nominated alongside Automata. As great as Elden Ring's and Ragnarok's soundtracks were, I really feel that this year had some better options, like Splatoon 3, Stray, or Olli Olli World.

Oh well. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter. And besides, we beat out CoD for the best multiplayer game, which is a much bigger win in my opinion!

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)

WoomyNNYes

Do we know if Big Run will award scales? (someone in the comments of an article made this point) It would be great if Big Run gives a bunch of scales, like Splatfest awards Super Sea Snails. Although if everyone gets a lot of scales, then the black & white slopsuits will lose some of their novelty, due to becoming more common.

I'm currently have 31 silver scales. This is my first time saving up for the black or white slopsuit (100 silver scales). It's been such a long, slow grind for these silver scales. I I just had about 5-6 cohozunas, never got any silver scales.
(So far, I have the yellow and pink slopsuits)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Budda

@WoomyNNYes
I think they would have mentioned it on Twitter if you get something besides the trophy.
It's actually not too hard to get silver scales. I'm at 56 silvers and got the white suit. When I'm at 100 silver again, I'll probably save them, just in case they add something later on that I want to buy right away.
(Maybe I was pretty lucky and got many silver scales in a short time. The App says that I played 1086 shifts. I calculated it. It's 1 silver every 5.5 shifts. If my average is anything to go by, you have to play around 380 shifts to get to 100 silver scales. Well maybe it's not hard... but it's probably a bit time consuming .)

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

octokid

Less then half an hour until the Run is Big…

amazing new mexico sunset. im hanging on a bridge with my friend-[GUNSHOTS] /ref
have a good day! stay hydrated! et cetera!
(any pronouns, she/they preferred, thank you!)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5873-1162-6324 | 3DS Friend Code: 3025-2448-4778 | My Nintendo: MonkeyMoo | Nintendo Network ID: MissMonkeyMoo

octokid

IT HAS BEGUN.

amazing new mexico sunset. im hanging on a bridge with my friend-[GUNSHOTS] /ref
have a good day! stay hydrated! et cetera!
(any pronouns, she/they preferred, thank you!)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5873-1162-6324 | 3DS Friend Code: 3025-2448-4778 | My Nintendo: MonkeyMoo | Nintendo Network ID: MissMonkeyMoo

Grumblevolcano

Big Run is a cool concept but the massive difficulty problem normal Salmon Run has is disrupting enjoyment of Big Run for me as well.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic