Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 5,048

Grumblevolcano

I found the first third of that stage to be the hardest, it was like a much harder version of Odyssey's Darker Side of the Moon.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snatcher

I wanted to ask, has anyone seen the pixel glasses around? I really want them.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Fizza

Fizza wrote:

Finally playing After Alterna and these d***heads can go die in a fire for all I care.
Untitled
Though I guess drowning would be more deadly?

Finally beat the entirety of After Alterna after about 3 hours (the end time said 19 minutes but I don't but that for a second). An absolutely inkredible send-off level. It was brutally hard, no getting around that, but it was expertly designed from start to finish to be hard but fair throughout (well apart from some instances but still). People compared it to Champion's Road and that comparison is more apt than you could ever imagine. What a level and what a Story Mode as a whole.

Also Mr. Grizz's backstory is full of both vindication and tragedy. So basically exactly what I like in my Splatoon stories.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Snatcher

@Fizza This is a story mission? My goodness, I gotta try it for myself!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Croctopus

I beat the enemy Octolings the first time. The soaker blocks were the hardest part for me.

I almost feel a little bad for Mr. Grizz. The big bad bear really just suffered from extreme loneliness more than anything, and I think the fuzzy ooze got into his head. He was just a normal, intelligent grizzly bear before absorbing so much fuzzy ooze turned him into the teddy bear monstrosity talking corporate speak. Even so, he was a schemer from the beginning, and it wasn't cool and not surprising that Grizzco workers were pawns the whole time. This brings up the question of what purpose does Grizzco have anymore after Grizz's defeat? What are gold eggs used for now? Are they Mr. Grizz's food like I always thought they were?

Whirling Octoling

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@Fizza Congratulations on beating secret kettle After Alterna!!!!🌈🌈 When you said the octolings could die, above, I had a good feeling that was inspired by After Alterna.😁

@Snatcher Story mode is great!

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Snatcher, I think I saw pixel glasses in the demo, but I don't think I've seen them in the main game yet. I imagine they're gong to be available at some point.

'Tendo liker

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes I haven’t played it or this game in about a week. I will have to jump back on it.

Also I glad, as ai thought I missed out on them, I really want them glasses.

Fizza

Alright, I've seen something online that looks great but I cannot for the life of me find where it is in 3: is there a way to sort your weapons based off of their class? I saw some tweets around about the Splatfest Premiere showing it off but I haven't seen anything besides the regular sorting options present in 2 and I feel like I'm going crazy. If anyone knows both whether this exists and how to access it, I'd greatly appreciate it cause Popularity can only get you so far!

WoomyNNYes

ALL DAYYYYY, Son. ALL DAY.

FINALLY, I beat Cohozuna for the second time, and during a sunday driver time of the day, no less. Perhaps watching CheWoomy eggsecutive Salon Run gameplay helped. And perhaps two other things played a part, I got a good weapon, the blaster, and fully utilized it, and I used my special, the Booyah Bomb. I'm not sure I saw anyone on my team used their special.

@RubyCarbuncle I saved clips from playing through what I thought were the two toughest parts of theThose Aren't Birds level, in case you wanted to see how I did them.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Fizza

@WoomyNNYes The hard levels in Splatoon games are like mid-2000's Sonic games: frustrating as all hell....but some absolutely banging beats.

Deltarogue

@Snatcher If you are referring to the "retro framers" (which are a pair of pixely glasses), then you need to get your catalog level to 79 in order to get them, hope this helps!

Deltarogue

RubyCarbuncle

@WoomyNNYes Thanks I appreciate this a lot. This Stage has really driven me insane like nothing else. It's the last Stage in the game I have to beat before attempting the hardest one of all, After Alterna. Thank God I won't ever have to play this dreadful Stage ever again once I finally beat it.

RubyCarbuncle

Switch Friend Code: SW-4433-3410-1346 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-7103-3376 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkNebula | Twitter:

RubyCarbuncle

Fizza wrote:

Fizza wrote:

Finally playing After Alterna and these d***heads can go die in a fire for all I care.
Untitled
Though I guess drowning would be more deadly?

Finally beat the entirety of After Alterna after about 3 hours (the end time said 19 minutes but I don't but that for a second). An absolutely inkredible send-off level. It was brutally hard, no getting around that, but it was expertly designed from start to finish to be hard but fair throughout (well apart from some instances but still). People compared it to Champion's Road and that comparison is more apt than you could ever imagine. What a level and what a Story Mode as a whole.

Also Mr. Grizz's backstory is full of both vindication and tragedy. So basically exactly what I like in my Splatoon stories.

Haha I guarantee I'll be saying the same thing.

RubyCarbuncle

Switch Friend Code: SW-4433-3410-1346 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-7103-3376 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkNebula | Twitter:

Snatcher

@Deltarogue Thank you so much! That’s exactly what I wanted, time to grind.

Ninfan

So I'm thinking of buying solatoon 3 but is I really any better than 2, splatoon 2 was a little bit too fast. Is it a little bit better to play, is there much new gameplay in it, like alot ?

Ninfan

Snatcher

@Ninfan It’s splatoon 2 but upgraded, so if you didn’t like 2 your probably not going to like this one. Tho I feel like I’m a rare case, as I actually ain’t the biggest fan of 2, but I got three because I wanted to give it another chance, and it looked cool. Funny thing is, I love it miles better the. 2, miles.

Fizza

@Ninfan There's a lot of new gameplay involved in 3 absolutely, but if your concern is that it'll be too fast then let me tell you: 2 will feel like an old man crossing the street by comparison. So if that puts you off, there's no shame in backing away

VoidofLight

Man the matchmaking in this game is outright garbage. I'm Rank 3 now, but I keep being pit against people who are extremely high rank, and I just keep having the floor mopped with me. I don't think it's really all that fun to die constantly because I didn't just get the game on launch and play it every hour of the day. I wish that they actually pit you against people on your skill level, instead of just throwing you in with people who are completely overpowered and who you stand no chance against. It's making me not want to play the rest of the game. I enjoyed the campaign for the game, but the multiplayer component is rough.

I also keep getting kicked offline every now and then.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

alpacatears

@VoidofLight I definitely had this happen on a few occasions too. It's starting to happen with less frequency but it's still a nuisance when you get wiped out over and over again.

I usually tend to jump into something else for an hour or so before returning back to the mode that was causing me bother. That usually does the trick.

alpacatears

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic