Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 4,990

jump

Nintendo was hacked and the next Splatfest has been leaked!

Untitled

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

StarPoint

@jump lol the "No players" message was painful for me

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Fizza

@jump @StarPoint Ah yes: a game which sold 3 million units within as many days doesn't have enough players to get into a match.
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

StarPoint

@Fizza I really didn't understand that one, like there is seriously nobody else in the world on Team Grub that wants to play a Tri-color battle??

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

jump

@StarPoint Since you need to set a reigion the games are split by region aren't they? So the Americans are playing against Americans, the Asians are playing against Asians etc.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Grumblevolcano

@Fizza @StarPoint Fun was more likely the cause of "Not enough players" (you did need 4 Fun players for a Tricolor match). The pre-launch Splatfest showcased that the defending team at the halftime point will lose Splatfest (Open) so Fun players could tactically focus on Splatfest (Pro) to prevent losses from Tricolor given Tricolor doesn't appear at all in Splatfest (Pro). Which is what appears to have happened as Fun did win Splatfest (Pro) and most of my matches (as Gear) were against Gear or Grub in the 2nd half. They nearly won the overall Splatfest with this strategy.

But the biggest problems with frequency of Tricolor were the reduced frequency in response to the pre-launch Splatfest and that over half the players picked Gear. First one is easy to fix given it was more common in the pre-launch Splatfest, second one is less easy to fix. Splatfest themes where there's not a clear most popular option is a difficult one, even something like favourite Pokemon Gen 9 starter (my guess for November's Splatfest) would have that problem.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

A bit of info that I found out about midway through the Splatfest that I guarantee escaped a lot of people's attention is that when the next Salmon Run rotation hits at the start of October, we'll be getting our first all random weapon period! With the new Grizzco Stringer at that!

Croctopus

I reached Eggsecutive VP during the Splatfest, so I’m ready for random weapons and Grizzco ones! However, I actually want more stages right now, new or returning. Lost Outpost was my favorite in 2. I also want Ruins of Ark Polaris for lore reasons. I could see the first Big Run being close to Halloween unless it conflicts with the next Splatfest, so it could be right after.

Spring-Fresh Cub

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@Fizza Yeah, I'm looking forward to that new Salmon Run random weapon rotation, and those cool metal shades (the next salmon run gear reward).

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Budda

jump wrote:

@StarPoint Since you need to set a reigion the games are split by region aren't they? So the Americans are playing against Americans, the Asians are playing against Asians etc.

I'm pretty sure I played against japanese players early in the morning. I think the region you choose is just the starting point where the matchmaking tries to find other players.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

meleehunter

@WoomyNNYes The intended functionality of Tenacity is triggering when your teammates are dying, not disconnecting. A little bit of passive special gain isn't going to make up for a permanent numbers disadvantage. Usually best for longer range weapons that tend to hang back from the fray.

@StarPoint I did get a string of not enough players and connection errors trying to get Salmon Run shift once during the Splatfest. Once again a simple restart of the Switch console fixed that for me, why does no one ever suggest something so simple?

On the other hand, for some reason I simply could not get Cohozuna to appear despite having a full meter during the second half of the Splatfest, was I just really unlucky with not being considered the "host" or could this be some sort of glitch?

In the end, we're all we got.

My Nintendo: meleehunter

ok1

@WoomyNNYes
They don't always terminate from my experience. Not sure how exactly it decides when you disconnect, but I have heard it depends on the host.

hello

RubyCarbuncle

I'm trying to finish the remaining Single Player Stages so I can unlock the Secret Kettle and for the life of me I can't beat the Stage called Those aren't Birds. Why do these Stages exist? because they're not fun at all, quite the opposite in fact and if the developers intention was to drive the Player insane then they've succeeded as far as that goes.

RubyCarbuncle

Switch Friend Code: SW-4433-3410-1346 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-7103-3376 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkNebula | Twitter:

Crispe

@jump

jump wrote:

However one to think about is what will the more skilled adults pick and what will the young and useless children pick. Most young children would have picked fun whilst most skilled adults picked gear resulting in a more skilled gear side who were able to win more games.

I on the other hand picked 'Grub'. Purely because I like saying the word 'grub'.
I also didn't get a single tricolor match, so I have absolutely no idea what that was meant to be 🤷‍♂️

Crispe

WoomyNNYes

@RubyCarbuncle Yeah, Those Aren't Birds was tricky. I think it took me about 15-20 tries. That's not a putdown if struggling with it, though. My Rocket League skill helped with that, because in Rocket League, you often have to rush to hit the ball about when it's hitting the ground, much like that Splatoon 3 level your at.

I think I used the dualies, which is maybe the default recommended weapon? ....Um, for this Splatoon stage, though, I tried to return the the middle of that stage after each set of cubes (like a tennis player returning to the center of the court after hitting the ball). And the other challenge is getting use to how weirdly those cubes may bounce & travel, possibly right over you. I think the very last cube or two made me scramble like heck to run all the way to the back to shot them. I'm going off memory though. That stage was definitely about being ready for the different ways those cubes get shot out.

If you're struggling with Those Aren't Birds, that secret kettle level called, "After Alterna", was maybe 10x more painful than Those Aren't Birds. Actually, After Alterna is extremely long, with very few check points. I think it took me 6 hours, and 100-150 tries. I felt like you mentioned; At some point, After Alterna "isn't fun at all", it's quite brutal. After 3 hours, I started watching youtubes of it, because I just wanted it done. I don't regret breaking down to watch youtube.

**side note, secret kettle didn't unlock for me, because it turned out, there was level in the first island that I'd completely missed. After I beat that, then the Secret Kettle unlocked.

Good luck<3

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jump

I've been playing the card game for the first time since getting the game day one. It's alright so far, maybe because I've not levelled up yet but it seems too easy against the computer. Hopefully the higher level computer/other players will offer a harder challenge.

Nicolai wrote:

Fizza

@jump Do you gave the mobile app? If you fill out the current Wandercrust task (or 'Journey' as it's called in the app) listed, you can actually get a Crusty Sean themed deck sleeve for Tableturf (in addition to some phone wallpapers, an in-game title and Sean's hat)!

jump

@Fizza I probably should get the app but I don't get why it's just not part of the game, it's seems a bit silly not to.

Nicolai wrote:

Fizza

Finally playing After Alterna and these d***heads can go die in a fire for all I care.
Untitled
Though I guess drowning would be more deadly?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic