Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 5,045

Grumblevolcano

@VoidofLight I think it's connected to how ranked works. Ranking up in Splatoon 1 and 2, you just had to fill the meter by winning ranked battles but this time there's a few big differences that make it harder to rank up:
1. Have to spend rank points to enter a series which finishes when you either have 3 losses or 5 wins (you can have a net loss of rank points all because of communication errors for example)
2. To go from a "+" rank to the "-" rank above, you have to enter a series where you rank up if you get 3 wins but stay at the current rank if you get 3 losses
3. "Anarchy Battle (Open)" is for when you want to stay at your current rank as gains and losses in rank points are very small

So you could easily see pro players stay in the lower ranks because of points 2 and 3 to farm XP (both level and catalog) and cash which makes matchmaking unbalanced.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BenAV

@Grumblevolcano Above all else I think the #1 thing that probably contributes to the unbalance is that it lets you continue with the same teammates. Strong teams will stay together for a few games in a row and likely wipe the floor with any newly formed team with a weak link and it can take a while to actually find a decent group that has a chance at times.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Fizza

Some interesting notes from OatmealDome regarding this upcoming hotfix patch:

I'd recommend reading the entire thread for everything getting addressed but to sum things up:

• It's going into effect at 1AM UTC on 30th September.
  • Like Smash updates, replays will not carry over so save the ones you want to keep (I'm going to try and keep my 100x Splatfest battle myself).
  • A bug where you'd fall through the map with Tacticooler is getting fixed.
  • The obvious main fix to Sea Snails vanishing after Splatfest is going through.
  • An exploit where you could use the Reef-Lux to farm points in order to speed through levels and the catalogue will get you PERMABANNED online so be wary of that (its very much only for players who got like 10k P in a single match so don't let it put you off the weapon but you have been warned).

The first big balance update (not new weapons or such, just balance changes) will be coming in mid-October during the mid-point of the current season (aka what is shown in your catalogue) and this'll apparently also address the aforementioned Reef-Lux exploit in addition so very excited for that. Just fix Ultra Stamp and I'll be a very happy chappy

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

kidkytes

I enjoyed the first 'real' splatfest of Splatoon 3 but it's probably the worst splatfest I've ever taken part in. The connection issues, the garbage matchmaking and tri-color being non-existent. I was Team Gear so I pretty much just fought my own team constantly. I get why I couldn't enter tri-color because of being on the ever so popular team but I played for about 10 hours overall and would've like at least ONE tri-color match. It made the second half boring since you couldn't access the new feature of splatfests in Splatoon 3. But I understand it was all on Nintendo's fault.

They really gotta be careful with what the next themes are for splatfests because the open ended question of what would you bring to a deserted island and having a logitical answer naturally made that the most popular. If Gear had been in the lead halfway through we'd all probably get a whole bunch of tri-color matches. Shame because Hammerhead Bridge seemed like a much better map for the concept of it rather than Sturgeon Shipyard which was a really terrible choice for the defending team. I still think that tri-color should have it's own unique maps like the Shifty Stations of Splatoon 2.

kidkytes

BenAV

The current Salmon Run rotation is a pretty fun one. Just played for a couple of hours straight and got up to Eggsecutive VP 300 which is the highest I've been so far. Might play a bit more later to see if I can push higher.

The next couple of rotations could be good ones as well so I might be playing a fair bit of Salmon Run over the next few days.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

VoidofLight

It isn’t even ranked. I’m struggling to even play turf war without being matched with overpowered players. @Grumblevolcano

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

WoomyNNYes

@VoidofLight I just had the realization, that maybe we encounter tough OP teams more often because Splatoon 3 has made it easier to play with friends.

@Fizza What's wrong with Ultra Stamp? I don't use it to know.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WaffleBoat

Please have a tableturf update with more cards (pearl and marina come to mind), more maps getting bored with the basic ones, and multiplayer would be superb. only cpu players is dumb. This side game has so much potential for something they clearly put in to round out the package.

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

WaffleBoat

Speaking of tableturf they should release it separately as some people (including me) has or have to buy splatoon 3 just for tableturf

I fear no man
but that thing:
it scares me

Fizza

@GoombaKing64 Whilst I don't know whether they'll be adding more cards to the pool (though I very much hope so), playing it online with other people has been confirmed for a later update so that'll give it a nice bit of longevity and competitiveness for the future

WaffleBoat

@Fizza
Thank you so much! It pretty much made my day hearing that they’ll add online. But the real question is will it have couch multiplayer? It would be so easy to implement, but I get that they want to focus on online so I am ok if not.

I fear no man
but that thing:
it scares me

StarPoint

Tableturf goes so hard but I'm waiting for the online functionality to really get into it. I knew I was gonna love it since I'm big into puzzle games but I seriously just spent an entire night playing it exclusively.

@GoombaKing64 Couch multiplayer may be hard since you're not supposed to see your opponent's hand. Local multiplayer between 2 switches would definitely be possible, though, if it isn't already.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

WoomyNNYes

I just discovered triggering Slammin' Lids to come down can take out Steelheads that are dumb enough to get close. Booyah! Forgive me, if I'm late to the party learning this. I'm assuming Splatoon jesus BenAV already knows.<3

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

StarPoint

@WoomyNNYes Oh man that is awesome! I think I may have used that to crush a few Chum or Cohocks before, but I had no idea it could just go through anything. It makes sense though

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Fizza

@WoomyNNYes I've had that happen to me a couple of times during my shifts and its always very entertaining/helpful when it does. Reminds me of the time I was chucking eggs from the elevation at Gone Fission Hydroplant and a Slammin' Lid spawned right under me. Easiest boss kill of my life XD

BenAV

WoomyNNYes wrote:

I just had the realization, that maybe we encounter tough OP teams more often because Splatoon 3 has made it easier to play with friends.

This is definitely the case sometimes. I've been playing a fair bit of turf war while grinding for chunks and stuff and I know there's at least one team of regular players that I've encountered pretty frequently. Whenever I see them on the opposition team I know we're probably about to get stomped.

BenAV

VoidofLight

@ok1 I thought it told you after the match, but I could be remembering how 2 worked. All I know is that I can't find matches with people on my actual skill level, so therefore it isn't fun.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

StarPoint

I’m getting really tired of connection errors counting as losses in Series mode

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic