Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 5,058

Croctopus

Weird how I never played against Team Fun in the last two hours, as if they just disappeared. I played open matches and as expected I never played a Tricolor match this time. I also got to use my last conch shell after the Splatfest was over even though it should've been gone. I just got yet another food ticket but still, another weird thing. I want more titles!

Official-Grizzco Octoling Soldier

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

Fizza

Well, despite not being able to play as much as I would've liked due to getting struck down with a nasty flu by the hand of God it seems, I still managed to have a great time overall. I was in Champion rank with Team Grub going into today and was going to be fully content with only about 10k Clout earned. I then proceeded to win both a 10x and 100x match within about an hour of each other, bringing my rank up to Ruler and my Clout all the way up to 30k. Couple that with about 5 levels gained and about and too many catalogue levels to list and all in all, I had a great time. Can't wait to nab my Super Sea Snails as the WINNING team (sorry, did I say something there?)!

@Dev9417 They saw that half-time report and just DIPPED.

Now you know how us Scissors fans felt.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Snatcher

Shoot did I miss out on the splatfest? I completely forgot.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

BenAV

Let's go Team Gear. Nice to get a win first up in Splatfest as the more snails, the better.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

xRidley15x

again Splatfest results are predetermined by Nintendo the users have no say on which team wins it's in the game's code so it's pointless to play during Splatfest at all 🥱

Edited on by xRidley15x

xRidley15x

StarPoint

R.I.P. Team Grub.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

WoomyNNYes

@BenAV I slotted the sh*t out of my gear! 😁

Well, i used 4 snails so far to fill out the slots on gear, and one re-roll, which gave me disappointing results. I can't believe my team won.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

BenAV

@WoomyNNYes I upgraded one of the pieces I'm going to use for my main set to 4 star before I realised that used like most of my snails so just got the other two pieces to three slots and I have just six snails left. Can we have the next Splatfest now? Haha.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Octane

@WoomyNNYes I have upped Grizzco gear to 4 stars, and it's a x1.06 boost apparently. Presumably x1.09 for 5 star gear. Not much, but if there's nothing else to spend those snails on, so be it.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

It just came to mind, the deserted island Splatfest theme was probably a throwback to Animal Crossing New Horizons (the previous game by the Splatoon 3 team).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

My team won, it was because I was on the team and I am better than you!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Budda

About rerolling abilities.
You can reset the game by closing the game right after the rolling. It's then back to before rolling and you get your snail back..... The thing is - if you reroll again it's the same abilities as before, even on different gear.
So the conclusion is, the game predetermines at some point your first roll for any gear. It's weird.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

WoomyNNYes

Octane wrote:

@WoomyNNYes I have upped Grizzco gear to 4 stars, and it's a x1.06 boost apparently. Presumably x1.09 for 5 star gear. Not much, but if there's nothing else to spend those snails on, so be it.

Those slight earning boosts dont sound great to me. I'm saving the bulk of my snails for new gear that will release either via updates, leveling up, or Splatfest themed gear (halliween gear is a possibility). Also, those three new amiibo will release with gear, and may need a third slot. (I'll buy the amiibo nfc card version). I grinded splatfest to Ruler rank to maximize snails, so hopefully I don't need to grind the next splatfest.

@jump The world is forever in your debt. Thank you jump jesus.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Fizza

This was some absolutely ludicrous BS I swear.
Untitled
No wonder we bloody lost, we literally had half the man-power!
Untitled
(gg's to everyone though, I will have my revenge )

@xRidley15x I'm going to assume your team lost then?

Being serious though, that's simply not true. Each team has dialogue for them winning or losing in said code (just look at Splatoon 2 for instance https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Squid_vs.Octopus(2018)#Dialogue ) so you're quite off the mark in that regard.

jump

@Fizza Being the less popular team is an advantage as it lets their best players play more often so they win more games. If you look at the old Splatfests it was very common for the winner to have lost the popularity vote but win it overall.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Fizza

@jump Having a nearly 40% gap between them is absurd though, right? I just can't pick right when it comes to these Splatfests it seems: either I'm part of the lowest popularity group or I get lumped in with defense duty in Tri-Colour. IT NEVER ENDS.

jump

@Fizza I think you're focussing on the wrong thing, the number of players doesn't matter as you can win just by being a better preforming side.

However one to think about is what will the more skilled adults pick and what will the young and useless children pick. Most young children would have picked fun whilst most skilled adults picked gear resulting in a more skilled gear side who were able to win more games.

Nicolai wrote:

BenAV

@jump I think overall Fun was probably the most skilled team. It was the popularity and possibly the (rare) Tricolour battles that likely got Gear over the line. Then there's Grub that didn't have either...

BenAV

jump

@BenAV Votes went to Gear but it was a wash since the sneak peak which went to fun. Gear won it on winning the open with carries the most points on 15.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic