Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 4,884

WoomyNNYes

@BenAV What's the main ability you want most right now? And what are the ability chunks you want most right now? Are you using Intensify Action?

I usually have at least one piece of gear with Ink Saver Sub (if not two), and then two Ink Recovery Up chunks. At the moment, I most want these chunks: Swim Speed, Ink Saver Sub, Ink Recovery Up.

I'm getting comfortable with squid rolls, but the movement hasn't benefited me in a battle yet - mostly/partly because there's never enough ink on the ground.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

BenAV

@WoomyNNYes I'm an Inkbrush main and like to be pretty spammy with my Splat Bombs so I like to have two full pieces of Ink Saver (Sub) so I can throw them using less than half a tank. Other piece is Ninja Squid with probably just three subs of Ink Recovery Up.

So basically I just need A LOT of Ink Saver (Sub), considering I'm planning on changing the main ability on both pieces of gear as well as getting the triple sub slots on both.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

Silly question, and one of my gripes in splatoon 2. But, at some point in 3, can you change your sub weapons? I love certain primary weapons but im not crazy about the subs.

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature Not to anything but over time different weapon sets will become available where you have the same weapon but different subs and specials.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WoomyNNYes

@NintendoByNature @NintendoByNature No, you can't change just a sub or special weapon. The "weapon kit" offerings are fixed. In splatoon 2, sometimes they'd offer a weapon with 2-3 kit options. So, if the sub/special kit doesn't exist for a weapon, you can't change that, or custom swap a sub weapon or special weapon. It was a good question. That's how you learn.

Currently, in Splatoon 3, each weapon only has one kit offering. Only one sub/special weapon kit option. Future updates will offer new kit offerings for the current main weapons. I'm looking forward to the updates that give us new weapon kit options.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Late

If Team Gear loses, you can blame me. I lost so many games yesterday. I was consistently either the best or the second best player on our team according to stats but we kept getting destroyed. Had slightly better luck once I switched from Open to Pro. Today's been way better. I've won most of my matches and my win-lose ratio is back to >50% wins.

I'm yet to play Tricolor once. One would think the mode they advertised as the big new thing would happen at least once during a 2 hour session. I'll play couple more matches later. Maybe I'll have better luck then.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Grumblevolcano

@Late They decreased the chance of it appearing after there were lots of complaints in the pre-launch Splatfest.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dogorilla

I hope people complain about it not showing up enough now... I'm repeating myself but what's the point of having a new mode if it hardly ever comes up on the one day a month it's playable? At least it seems a bit more balanced now (or maybe people just have a better idea of how to play it), I'm on Team Fun and won both of the two Tricolor matches I've played today, whereas I don't think I won any in the pre-launch Splatfest.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

jump

It doesn't help people aren't realising they need to select tri-coloured battle mode to have tri-coloured battles either.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

BenAV

Had a pretty poor string of games last night (didn't help that I was super tired) but have had a better run today and won my only 100x battle for Team Gear. Only a couple of Tricolour Battles, won both but with the grubs getting the higher score.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Croctopus

@Late I haven't been destroyed but I lost quite a few matches to Fun. I only won one 10x battle. I thought Gear was doomed until the Halftime Report showed us almost tied with Fun for clout. If Gear is the most popular (which seems like it with all of the "practice" matches with teammates) then we just need more clout to win. I don't expect to even play any Tricolor because with the clout being almost tied I don't see the need to bring down Fun that way.

I wasn't expecting Gear to be popular. Maybe because it's the most logical choice for a deserted island? Unfortunately, that means the notorious popularity curse that's haunted Splatfests since the beginning may return. It might be too soon to say since it didn't stop Team Rock last time and having three teams would shake things up.

Edited on by Croctopus

Bonerattle Arena Legendary Warrior
Pedal to the Megalodontia!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

BenAV

@Dev9417 My friend list is 50 for Gear, 25 for Grub and 17 for Fun so we're looking pretty good on the popularity count based on that small sample size. I was also pretty surprised by the half-time report as I thought we were going to be sitting in last based on my experiences with on the first day. Have definitely found Grub easier to play against than Fun in general though.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Late

@Grumblevolcano I didn't have much time to play during the first Splatfest and had internet problems on top of that so I didn't get to experience the mode back then either. I heard it needs balancing but I don't think decreasing the chance was the right call.

@jump That could be. It honestly should be the first option in the menu.

@Dev9417 I think I've seen 4 x10 battles so far. I won the one I had today but lost all three yesterday. Two of them were back to back.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

StarPoint

I'm kind of disappointed at the lack of Tri-Color battles because I've played only two but I thought they were a ton of fun. I lost the first one but my teammate and I pulled through the second time around and got the ultra signal.

I really hope it gets back into a more common rotation soon.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Monkeido

Managed to get to ruler status, but definitely not playing any more now. The teams I've been playing on just keep getting stomped, even though I consistently come out as first or second of our team. Clearly something wrong with the matchmaking in this game..

Monkeido

BenAV

@Monkeido That was my experience a bit in day one but right now I'm 36-12 in my last 50 matches and having a great time. Won ten in a row earlier.

BenAV

NintendoByNature

@Grumblevolcano @WoomyNNYes good to know, thank you. I miss splatoon 2s either aerospray or sploosh o Matic subs. Those two have always been my favorite primaries and the subs were great with them. I think that's why I'm taking more of a whooping now than I did in 2. In 2s turf wars, very rarely did I score under 1,000 for each match and now I'm lucky to break 900. I guess time will fix that. I've only been playing for a week ☺️

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

It's interesting that they chose to end the Splatfest with only Splatoon 1 stages. Tricolor stage is Hammerhead Bridge meanwhile the normal Turf War stages for the final 2 hours are Museum d'Alfonsino and Mahi-Mahi Resort.

Would be cool if this was a tease for them announcing the release date for the next Splatoon 1 map next week.

Grumblevolcano

Fizza

@Grumblevolcano Whilst I would absolutely love that (give me my Flounder Heights please), I don't know whether or not we'll be getting a brand new map so early when updates this time round are meant to be more spread out than 1 & 2's. My guess is that we'll be getting a gigantic dump of content around Christmas time to both coincide with the end of the current catalogue, lead into a potential Splat-mas Splatfest and just generally have a big thing for the end of the year. I could definitely see it coming out earlier (particularly with the fact that they showed off new emotes coming soon in the last Direct) but that's just my theory at least.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Fizza I think the 2 maps teased in the Splatoon 3 Direct will either come in December with the new calalog (next season starts December 1st), in mid/late October as part of a mid-season update (some seasonal focused games do this) or 1 in October + 1 in November.

The September general Direct content tease for sure is for the next season catalog which starts on December 1st. I'd guess rank X and League Battle is also part of that update coinciding with the next catalog.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic