Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 4,884

WoomyNNYes

@BenAV or anyone!

In the Salmon Run results, next to the your gold eggs count, there's a number in angle brackets next to it "<#>". What on earth is that number in the angle brackets!?? <x>?? Does anybody know? Forgive me, this has been driving me insane.

Edit: Is it egg assists? You kill a boss, throw the eggs toward the basket, and a teammate finishes taking that egg in the basket?
Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

BenAV

@WoomyNNYes Yeah it's assists. Some players will have a bunch after the tornado waves.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

k81182

I have a glitch where everytime i boot up splatoon i can’t get past the first loading screen before it says “the software closed because an error occurred”

i’ve tried everything from re downloading the software to logging in offline and nothing seems to fix it.

if anyone knows how to help with this it would be greatly appreciated, it’s annoying to not be able to pay for a game you've already paid for.

k81182

StarPoint

@k81182 Have you tried updating the software? I believe that was an issue that was fixed in the latest update.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

WoomyNNYes

@k81182 Oof. Make sure you can still load other games (disregard if you've done that). If you just redownloaded the game, then you should have the most recent udpate, but make sure you're on the most recent update to be sure. (forgive me for covering anyting you've done already )

How about downloading your cloud save? Perhaps the save data is corrupted.
Hit (+) on the game's tile,
Select Save Data Cloud
Then select the relevant switch user icon & Download Save Data.

Or, be sure to search Nintendo Support for "game won't load" or "Splatoon 3 won't load". Nintnedo usually does a good job of keeping Nintendo support directions/troubleshooting up to date. Nintendo's Support page is a seriously great resource.

Otherwise, contacting nintendo is the only other thing left that I can think of.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

k81182

@starpoint if by software you mean the game itself yeah i’m pretty sure it’s up to date but i’ll check again

@WoomyNNYes i’ll try that when i get home but just in case it doesn’t work how would i contact nintendo themselves?

thank you both!

k81182

WoomyNNYes

@k81182 You can search "Nintendo support uk contact" to find the page. I'll paste a link below, though. If you're looking for a phone number, I think the number is hidden. As of a year ago, the phone number was hidden, but if you went as far as getting to the email form, the number was at the bottom of that email form - it was rather sneaky. I think you'll have to sign in with your nintendo account. Then you'll pick country/region, and a couple subject drop boxes. If the phone number is not revealed at the bottom of the email form, go back to those subject drop boxes and select "Other".

This is also the support search page, if you wanted to search the topic.
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Welcome-to-Nintendo-Suppor...

If you get an error code, you can plug error codes into nintendo support search bar and find out what most of them mean. If there's a solution, they could be relevant directions.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Budda

I have a strong guess what team will win the Splatfest. It won't be Gear that's for sure...

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Grumblevolcano

From what I've played so far, I think Fun will win the 1st half of the Splatfest. I'm on Gear and have mostly been winning against Grub but there's been a fair amount of losses against Fun. I'd guess Gear is most popular because too many people don't ink the spawn meaning I'm spending most of the match doing it myself.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

I think they may have over cooked Spaltfest, now there are Conch Shells, Festival Shells, x333 battles, Tri Colour Turf Wars etc and I’m not even sure what some of these are. It seems like an attempt to make them different from 1 or 2 but I can’t really say different is better here.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

WoomyNNYes

@jump Conch shells = free capsules from the Shell-out machine in the lobby. Every time your catalog levels up, you get a conch shell. If you go to the Shell-out machine, you'll get the option exchange money or a conch shell for a capsule. Conch shells have no use outside of Splatfest and the shell out machine, so trade them in for capsules before the end of Spaltfest. Free capsules!

If you go to the splatfest t-shirt stand in the square, and select it, at the bottom of the screen/menu it says "Hit (-) for info". They mention the conch shells, but my paragraph above also works.

This page seems to answer more about the 333x battles etc. See below the Clout chart. https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Splatfest

As far as Festival Shells, https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Festival_shell

I'm not crazy about the tri color battle. But I also haven't tried it.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

NintendoByNature

I chose team gear. After all, can't you craft items to catch food?

NintendoByNature

MischiefMaker

Anyone not managed to join a tricolour match yet? It either times out or just puts me in a regular splat match

MischiefMaker

Switch Friend Code: SW-3354-2479-3602

BenAV

@MischiefMaker Only twice but one of them had an early drop.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

MischiefMaker

@BenAV I have now had my first one. I had very little clue as to what was going but somehow won 😁. Had loads of trouble getting matches today for some reason, way more than usual. Oh well, still having a blast.

MischiefMaker

Switch Friend Code: SW-3354-2479-3602

Grumblevolcano

Haven't gotten a single tricolor battle yet, appearance rate is probably extremely low like gacha game rate low.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WoomyNNYes

Looking forward to after splatfest, when I can use those snails for adding ability slots.

'Tendo liker

BenAV

@WoomyNNYes Same, I've been dying for some Super Sea Snails to add slots to my amiibo gear so I can use my drinks.

BenAV

WoomyNNYes

@BenAV So, in Splatoon 2, I used one slot gear to grind chunks, and had pleny of money to scrub them after filling the first slot. I don't know how Splatoon 3's 4-5 star power gear compares, regarding how quickly they can earn the first and second slot ability chunks. Have you seen any article lay out the stats, or quantify, these new star power earning rates?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

BenAV

@WoomyNNYes I haven't looked into it in much detail but I think the percentage boost is pretty small.

BenAV

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic