Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 5,035

sixrings

I signed up for a subscription and presto it’s unlocked. That’s ridiculous. Goes and turns off auto renewal.

sixrings

WoomyNNYes

@sixrings Oh, you didn't have an NSO subscription? Yeah, not-having an NSO sub seems to block everything online related. Glad you figured it out.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

sixrings

@WoomyNNYes yea but we were playing offline. The people insane enough to pay $79 for a copy of splatoon 3 to play offline shouldn’t be punished. If anything they should be rewarded. Anyways I’m happy it was a relatively easy fix.

sixrings

Fizza

If you know, you know.
Untitled
I mean I personally love them but that's between you and me.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@Fizza Some sniper got me good at the Art Museum map. They were sniping up a storm, quite skillfully. It felt so good that a single shot of my bloblobber took them out with that real quick triple-plop sound.😁

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

StarPoint

I have had this song stuck in my head ALL DAY

Currently jamming out to the single-player OST. It's definitely my favorite singleplayer soundtrack by a mile, every song is just amazing.

I mean come ON it is too good

Edited on by StarPoint

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

kidkytes

@Fizza As someone who heavily dislikes Tenta Missiles I got a good chuckle out of this image, thanks haha

kidkytes

Fizza

@StarPoint Wholeheartedly agree, the single player songs are shockingly incredible this time round. Don't get me wrong: they were still great in the previous games (Turquoise October my beloved), but Alterna's music genuinely moved me at points. My favourite song in the game is actually a single-player song in fact and it may surprise you to know that it isn't Calamari Inkantation 3Mix or Final Anomaly (though I've definitely stuck both of those on repeat constantly, that's for sure). It's actually...
....Cryogenic Hope Factory (aka Site 3):

I remember hearing this theme burst into life once I grabbed every record and I just stood there and took it all in. It doesn't even sound like something out of Splatoon but I think that's what makes it even better: it conveys both the feeling of being lost in an unfamiliar place yet still hopeful and determined to escape. I will gush about this theme until the day I die honestly, it's one of my absolute favourite songs in Nintendo history.

Also, if I had to pick a favourite level theme, I'd definitely go with Alterna 6. Fantastic intro, incredibly funky beat and an absolute earworm whenever I hear it. Also, I've seen people compare it to Daft Punk and that just makes it even better to me XD

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Don't know the name of the 1st song in this but because of the timing of the segment in the September 2021 Direct, all I can associate it with is Miyamoto talking about the Mario movie:

Even more so with the Mario movie teaser trailer looming in less than 2 weeks...

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

alpacatears

Has anyone else been having bouts of being absolutely destroyed in round after round of turf wars? I started hitting nearly 20 losses in a row this evening and it's so disheartening.

I'm still a relative newbie to the series but it feels like at certain times you get thrown to the wolves with veterans 😅.

alpacatears

StarPoint

@Grumblevolcano That is Clickbait by C-Side

But yeah I will never forget this song after the absolute bombshell of a cast listing

Edited on by StarPoint

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

BenAV

Took me a little while to find a Splatfest Battle and once I did, I immediately got a communication error and a ten minute time out. Off to a solid start.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

StarPoint

@BenAV That's the essential Switch online experience right there

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Croctopus

So Team Fun got the most conch shells during the Sneak Peek, which means that Fun has taken the early lead for the Splatfest. Even though we're still getting conch shells during the Main Event, the Sneak Peek was what really counted. Gear and Grub need the popular vote and the most clout to win!

I still get the impression Gear is more popular, because I saw far more gear members during the Sneak Peek and I've already had multiple "practice" matches with fellow gear members now in the Main Event, yet how could the popular team not get more conch shells?

Whirling Octoling

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

Vortexeo

@WoomyNNYes Is your name Woomy in Splatoon? I think I might've ran into you just now 😂

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

WoomyNNYes

Ahh! I kept thinking Splatfest was tomorrow, but it's now! Lol.

@alpacatears Yeah, it does seem like sometimes you can get crushed pretty hard in turf war, but I think future updates will balance things out more. That's what they did with Splatoon 2. But even with splatoon 2, sometimes there was a day where I kept losing, and losing, no matter what I did. And, if I turned the game off, came back the next day, I'd get plenty of wins. There is rubber banding in the matching system. You know, with splatoon 2, the orange Nzap gun had the Autobomb (heat seeker walking bomb), and Tenta Missles. Both of those are great for getting snipers or clearing people out of hiding. Splatbombs (the triangular bombs) are another good weapon, because they explode so quickly. When you get good at aiming them, you can take out snipers, or tough players in strong positions. You can also anticipate where an enemy will flee, and toss the spaltbomb right in their path, so they walk into them, or can't get away quick enough.

@Vortexeo Nah, my Switch/Splatoon 3 user name SpaceDandy.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@StarPoint Yeah, the single player music is amazing, I agree. It's shocking how Nintendo can produce all these great songs. .......The other day, Fizza and I were both commenting on that Hero Mode Alterna 3 track you posted. It's sick. So, impressive. Fits so well with the single player enemies and vibe.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Vortexeo

@WoomyNNYes Huh I guess it wasn't you then my bad 😅. I ran into someone named Woomy and thought it was you lol. They completely mopped the floor with me 😂

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

alpacatears

@WoomyNNYes thanks for the tips 🙂.
Did a few matches this morning and they felt a bit more evenly matched

Hope everyone enjoys SplatFest 😁

alpacatears

StarPoint

I just reached Grub Ruler! I also won my first 100x battle this morning, and that felt awesome.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic