Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 5,001 to 5,014 of 5,014

WoomyNNYes

SquidStarKid wrote:

Hey all - can someone help? Trying to get through Octo Expansion H02 Ballercise station. I move WAY slower than any of the videos I've seen online. Like running the exact same line, they are seconds ahead of me. Anyone able to help ?

@SquidStarKid Another thought I had, are you keeping your stick pushed forward when you're flying through the air, or getting shot to the next platform? I think I ended up a bit slower if I didn't keep the controller stick pushed forward the whole time I was in the air while getting shot to the next platforms, or during big drops, big jumps, etc..

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

SquidStarKid

@WoomyNNYes Yea I'm keeping it pushed forward the whole way. It's as if my guy is literally moving slower than the videos I've watched. I am taking the same (or better) lines, and ending with less time. I even LOOK like I'm moving slower comparatively. I thought maybe they had patched the game since those walkthroughs were done and they slowed down the ball movement or something.

SquidStarKid

WoomyNNYes

@SquidStarKid Well, my game is up to date, and I was able to complete that level.
EDIT: It's definitely a hard level, though.
/EDIT

Side note: Are you trying to complete the level to be a completionist, or because you think you need it leave the subway & move onto the next area called, The Promised Land? You only need acquire "the four thangs" to leave the subway. You don't have to complete all the subway levels to beat Octo Expansion. (Disregard, and forgive me, if you're aware.😉)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@SquidStarKid If you think something is fishy about how the game runs, and you know a friend that has a Switch & Splatoon 2 Octo Expasion, you could try theirs. Or, I dont know if there's any logic to deleting and redownloading the game? I'm just thinking out loud, here.

edit: Or recalibrate the analog stick via switch system settings, in case the stick isnt registering being pushed fully.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

SquidStarKid

@WoomyNNYes Yea good possible solutions there - we did the work around and got the thangs - now its just pissing me off and I want to complete it for personal satisfaction

The things you suggested I'll look into though, could be an issue on my end.

Thanks for the help !!!

SquidStarKid

WoomyNNYes

@SquidStarKid Sure thing!

Yeah, there were three or four subway levels that destroyed me, and I had to look them up on youtube. Youtube helped, but they were still insanely tough for me.

It took me 3-4 months to beat the secret hard bass fight (the Inner agent?). Realistically, it may have taken 250-300+ attempts. I'd try a bunch of times, and lose my patience. I wouldn't try it again for 2-3 weeks. 🤣😁

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

SquidStarKid

@WoomyNNYes The Octo expansion is by far the hardest splatoon game going. I like it, but some of its a bit crazy.

SquidStarKid

WoomyNNYes

Ug. I shot myself in the foot (figuratively speaking).

I'm doing a new play through of Octo Expansion (using a new, throw-away switch user profile). I assembled the "four thangs" after completing about 1/2 or 2/3 of the subway. Now that I left for "the promised land" stages, I can't go back to work on the subway stages. Dammit!😆 The only way to go back to the subway is to complete the journey to the promised land and the final boss, or start a new playthrough. So annoying. Don't make my mistake if you only want to play the subway stages.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

OctolingKing13

How is Splatoon 2 lobbies nowdays? I’m a big fan of three but it’s my first, wondering if I should get it. It’s 20 bucks at GameStop plus octo expansion 40 total. thinking of getting 🙂 I love the lore and single player content of 3 and I want more content to play

Edited on by OctolingKing13

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

WoomyNNYes

OctolingKing13 wrote:

How is Splatoon 2 lobbies nowdays? I’m a big fan of three but it’s my first, wondering if I should get it. It’s 20 bucks at GameStop plus octo expansion 40 total. thinking of getting 🙂 I love the lore and single player content of 3 and I want more content to play

I just got two turf war games pretty quickly(in eastern US). First one was instant. The second one, we had to wait 20-30 seconds for two more players. Maybe Splatoon 2 lobbies have gotten a bump in activity since Splatoon 1 online was shut down last week or so?(Nintendo just shut down Splatoon 1 (Wii U) online) Plus, maybe people that discovered Splatoon 3 have also tried Splatoon 2 now? When Splatoon 3 was brand new, sometimes you had to wait 1-2 minutes for a full turf war lobby.

Has anyone else in the thread played Spaltoon 2 online in recent months?

I would say it's worth it to get Splatoon 2. Splatoon 2 was my first Splatoon game. I've still replayed Splatoon 2 single player since Splatoon 3's launch.

Side note for Splatoon 2:

• You cannot skip the news when the game boots up for online play. (if you have internet disabled though, the game skips news and lets you straight to single player just like Splatoon 3 does.)
  • And loading to play an online game is a touch slower than Splatoon 3. On the positive note, you can press buttons while in a lobby to manipulate/mix the background music. Granted, that novelty wears off, but I still mess with it.XD

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

OctolingKing13

@WoomyNNYes wow thanks so much for the advice! I really appreciate it. I’m interested in seeing all the stages, and playing the single player campaigns and arcade machine. I never really skip the news, I love the dialogue, but in three I wish I could skip Sheldon’s yap lol. Next trip to GameStop I’m treating myself 🙂 thanks again!

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

Grumblevolcano

@WoomyNNYes Splatoon 1 online still has 2 weeks left, it shuts down on April 8th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CaleBoi25

The fact that this thread is more active than the one for S3 is at the moment...

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic