Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,801 to 4,820 of 5,014

SquidOnTheRise

@BenAV @jump

I always thought your ink they paint over wouldnt count. I stand corrected.

Still, if they rage quit after 1 or 2 minutes without trying it would have played a role. And add to the feeling of pressure the 3 players left had of the game

@Northwind

Sometimes that kind of situation happens when you dont know a stage well enough, try to explore them outside of a game

Edited on by SquidOnTheRise

SquidOnTheRise

BenAV

@SquidOnTheRise Yeah, it's almost impossible to win with three. Doubt it made much difference in this case though considering they were all just Octobrush food.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

SquidOnTheRise

@BenAV

Yea, where i agree with Northwind is that it takes a long time before you get to experience some weapons and it can get frustrating

SquidOnTheRise

1UP_MARIO

When you do win 3 vs 4 it does make you feel good 😊

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

BenAV

@1UP_MARIO Yeah, it's pretty satisfying. Or pretty embarrassing if you're on the four player team.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

1UP_MARIO

@BenAV it is but even if your 3 and lose but gave a good game it’s a positive to that team.

BenAV

@1UP_MARIO Had a game during Splatfest on the weekend where we were 3v4 from the start on that Shifty Station with the cannons and lost by 2%.

BenAV

1UP_MARIO

@BenAV now that’s a great result. Although you didn’t win, personally I would treat that as a win and a credit to the 3 of you doing a better job than the 4.

BenAV

@ToadBrigade Good to hear that you're enjoying the game. Working on getting the exact abilities you want can be a little time consuming as you tend to need a good supply of drink tickets and/or ability chunks to make it happen (Salmon Run is good for this). I wouldn't worry too much about it early game though till you've got a bit of experience and have a good idea of what you're after. For now you're probably fine just using and leveling up whatever gear and just experimenting a bit.

BenAV

BenAV

@ToadBrigade I've never really used the Splat Roller much myself but I'd say the biggest trap that I see a lot of new players fall into with the roller is that they often tend to just roll around in a straight line everywhere which makes them really easy to pick off. Easier said than done when you're new and learning the game but ideally you want to be a bit unpredictable with your movements, use your jump and flick attack and swim around a lot rather than just rolling. Turf coverage isn't particularly great but it can one hit kill so it's pretty potent if you're able to catch people by surprise. Curling bomb can be used to make a little path for yourself to swim through when you need it. Splashdown can be used during a super jump so if you get splatted and want to jump back into the action, it can be worth filling up your special bar first and jumping in with a Splashdown which will splat anyone camping your landing spot.

BenAV

WoomyNNYes

@ToadBrigade BenAV will have some good ideas, but off the top of my head, I'll recommend a ThatSrb2Dude video. EDIT: Oh, he only plays Rainmaker in this. But, you can still see how he gets around, and gets splats with the roller.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

BenAV

@Northwind In that example the main reason your team lost would have been due to the Aerospray on the other team getting through the game with only one splat. You did a great job of covering turf but unfortunately an Inkbrush can't compete with an Aerospray in that regard. Only thing you can really do if your teammates are too unreliable is to target down those high inkage weapons yourself so they don't do too much damage. You especially want to avoid letting them get into your half of the map in the last 30 seconds or they can cause some pretty devastating damage at the end.

BenAV

SquidOnTheRise

@Northwind

Wow you're taking it seriously 😀

Personally i would just try ranked mode, it might make you learn some new things. Besides, you can be good at certain modes and bad at others. Turf is not always easier than ranked.

Not too sure what more i can say i'd need to see a video of a game to have a better idea. I was going to say i could play with you and see but i forgot my NSO subscription just ended a few days ago 😅

Also, you may want to try other weapons and see if you get better results

SquidOnTheRise

ok1

@Northwind
So, first of all, maybe try to get more splats? Remember, if you splat 2 people, you’ve killed half of the enemy team for 10ish seconds. Also, it seems like you went only for ink and specials. You NEED to get more than 4 kills. Second, use specials at more strategic locations. Don’t use them immediately. Also, use your sub weapon more often when you have the chance. A lot of times, I threw a random bomb and it killed multiple people. Also, try ranked. Trust me.

hello

jump

I've just given this a go again after maybe a year of not playing...god damn I suck now. I'm avoiding the ranked matches as I'm S+ and don't wont to be bumped down.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

BenAV

@jump I got to S+ in all the ranked modes and then never played ranked again, haha. The modes are all really fun but the whole ranking system can make it a little stressful. I enjoy playing a bit of League with a friend now and then where it doesn't matter if we're bad.

BenAV

WoomyNNYes

@jump @BenAV I was Profreshional 300-400 in salmon run for a while, but when the pandemic hit, I was knocked down to profreshional 100. I kept getting matched with so many newbs last year that I gave up. Now I'm rusty. Well, now I mainly play Rocket League. Anyone else reading, Splatoon is still one of my favorite & most played games. (Well, most-played until my Rocket League playtime eclipses it, which I'm surprised that I'm close to doing.)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

crashcontrol

@WoomyNNYes That's basically the same with me except with moving to smash which has almost doubled my Splatoon playtime.

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

jump

I'm almost back to my best, I've noticed I have made some few sloppy mistakes from not remembering the stages right but I've managed to move a S+ rank up and generally winning more than I'm losing.

@BenAV Yeah I do wish you could play different modes in casual, but hey ho it's a minor thing.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

jump

I really miss the mini-games in the lobby from the first Splatoon, I'm not sure why they didn't return.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic